which version of The Stand (S.King) did you enjoy most?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:25:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  which version of The Stand (S.King) did you enjoy most?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: which version of The Stand (S.King) did you enjoy most?
the original 900~ page book

the "expanded" 1100~ page book

the miniseries from the 90s

the miniseries from 2020

is there something else?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 2

Author Topic: which version of The Stand (S.King) did you enjoy most?  (Read 54 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 26, 2022, 07:38:33 AM »

I finally saw the most recent CBS version.  Man, has there ever been something that was ---> <--- close to being great, but actually kind of sucked?  The casting was fine, the acting was fine, it looked good...but why the hell did they edit it that way?  I know this story really well and I was confused as to who the hell was who multiple times, I can only imagine someone who isn't familiar with the work would be super confused.  And how the hell do you do an entire episode after you nuke the Big Bad?  Yes, yes, he's there to "tempt" Frannie, but they could have saved 20 minutes after blowing up Vegas to do that (and the trip east if they wanted to), it didn't need it's own freaking episode.

Obviously the 90s version had some serious issues too (it looks goofy and it's real corny), but Gary Sinese, Molly Ringwald, Patrick Starr, Max Headroom and Rob Lowe trumps Madsen, that one lady, Amber Heard, Whoopie and a Skarsgard.

I'd like to vote for one of the miniseries, but I think I'm going to go with the expanded book as the one I enjoyed most.  It's certainly the one I've gone back to the most.  Maybe in another quarter of a century we'll get a good version on the screen.  Hopefully I'll still be around to enjoy it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 12:52:05 PM »

I've only seen pieces of the original miniseries. Intend to see the new one... disappointed if it's not that good.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies