"Big Problems Require Big Solutions" | The Ascension of J.B. Pritzker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  "Big Problems Require Big Solutions" | The Ascension of J.B. Pritzker
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Big Problems Require Big Solutions" | The Ascension of J.B. Pritzker  (Read 1006 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2022, 07:51:01 AM »

"Big Problems Require Big Solutions"

The Ascension of J.B. Pritzker
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2022, 07:51:30 AM by America Needs R'hllor »

"Time for someone new": President Biden announces he's not running for reelection

Source: Wikipedia

WASHINGTON, D.C. - After over years in office, U.S. President Joe Biden announced that he's not going to seek reelection. At 80 years old, he would be the oldest President to ever seek reelection, and there were concerns of his age being seen as a problem by voters. Biden's approvals, while underwater, have seen a slow rise in recent months as a rise in inflation appeared to be slowing and unemployment hit the pre-pandemic mark.

In an interview with Oprah Winfrey announcing his decision, Biden affirmed that he has no issue with his health, and is fully capable of leading the country for the rest of his term. He also made no endorsements for the 2024 Democratic primary, though he complimented his Vice President, Kamala Harris.

See the full interview transcript below:

Oprah: Good evening, Mr. President. I'm honoured to have you here again for an exclusive interview. Thank you for coming.
Biden: Thank you for having me, Oprah. Always happy to be here. You can call me Joe any time, you know that.
Oprah: So the first question I'd like to ask you is one I'm sure you've been asked many times. Mr. President, Joe, are you running for reelection in 2024?
Biden: I'm glad you asked this, Oprah. While the company is a pleasure, I've actually come here for another purpose. I wanted to make an announcement to the American people, and I figured that the best way to talk frankly and reassure the nation would be while talking to you, a woman I and millions of Americans have immense respect for.
Oprah: Thank you, Joe. What did you want to tell me?
Biden: Well, I'm here to announce that I've decided not to run for President of the United States in 2024. My current term will be my last.
Audible gasps in the audience
Oprah: This is a very big announcement, Mr. President. First of all, are you feeling well?
Biden: Yes. Well enough to ride several laps with my bike around this studio. I have no issues with my health, and I'm confident I could do this for four more years, easy."
Oprah: Then why?
Biden: Here's the deal, and I'm going to be 100% honest. I'm in full health, but like for everyone, the clock is ticking. Jill and myself decided that we wanted to have some time for ourselves, for our family, for our friends. And even more importantly- I think it's time for new blood to emerge and lead our country forward. I've been listening to many voices in our country, especially young voices, the future generation that will lead our country forward. They want to see new leadership rise up and show that it understands them and their concerns, and frankly, I might look 30, but I've been around for a long, long time. Time for someone new.
Oprah: But the midterms didn't go so bad for your party. Don't you think you could've won reelection?
Biden: Of course, I absolutely could. My reasons weren't related to my ability to win reelection.
Oprah: In light of this, Mr. President, do you regret running in the 2020 election? There were many people arguing that Democrats need to choose someone new at the time.
Biden: Absolutely not, and I'll explain. At the time, we were in a grave danger. A President who endorsed and encouraged white supremacists, who put the lives of millions in danger with a mismanagement of the pandemic, who endangered our democracy. I believed that I had to step up to defeat him and right the course, and I think history proved me right. My administration lead the country through some very tough crises at home and abroad- we've managed to build a system to live alongside the covid-19 pandemic, we spearheaded a powerful global response to the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine, and we dealt with a harsh economic fallout of supply problems and price increases due to the pandemic and the war both. We're still dealing with them, but it's getting better.
Oprah: So don't you think that the country needs you to see these things to the end, in your second term?
Biden: No, I have full trust in the excellent crop of potential candidates in the Democratic Party. Many of them will make fantastic Presidents.
Oprah: Speaking of... You knew I'm going to ask this, I'm sure. Do you have any favourites in the coming race to replace you?
Biden: As I said, there are many well-qualified potential candidates. I guess we'll have to see who decides to run.
Oprah: Your Vice President is very likely to run. Will you endorse her?
Biden: Kamala has been a very, very effective and helpful Vice President, and I sought her smart advice countless times. More than that, she's been a friend. I'm sure that she would make an incredible President.
Oprah: So will you endorse her?
Biden: I won't be making an endorsement in the race. I trust Democratic voters to make the best decision.
Oprah: Moving on, I wanted to ask you how you believe we should move forward with more and more cases of abortion bans putting women in grave danger, both physical and emotional...
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 02:40:22 PM »

J B Pritzker would be a good choice for the Democrats in 2024. He handled COVID decently at least post-Omicron and is a decently popular and pragmatic governor. I am thinking that against Donald Trump, he would hold all the 2020 Biden states with the possible exception of Wisconsin due to his status as a popular Rust Belt state Governor. Popular vote would be 51-47 in his favor as well.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 07:11:55 PM »

BIG DOOD
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 05:16:57 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2022, 03:50:42 PM by America Needs R'hllor »

2022 Midterms

- As first polls close, Republicans projected to keep Senate seats in Kentucky and Indiana
It's election night in America. As the first polls close in the states of Kentucky and Indiana, we can already call the Senate seats in the two states for the Republican incumbents- Senators Rand Paul and Todd Young. These are expected calls, but Republicans are encouraged they came this early.

- Results coming in show close races in swing states; Demings, Crist overperforming Biden in southern Florida
As early swing states start to report, both parties are watching close races in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Georgia with stress. Democrats Val Demings and Charlie Crist, running against Marco Rubio and Ron DeSantis in Florida, are currently leading after overperforming Biden in Miami Dade, Broward and similar southern counties.

- Republican leaders reported to be increasingly worried as results come in; "many nails are getting chewed on right now"
Sources in national Republican campaign headquarters confirm increasing stress among GOP leaders as results coming in so far point away from a "Red Wave". But Democrats are worried too, as they need to hold a strong defense if they are to keep Congress.

- Florida called for Republicans after closer-than-expected performance, but outlook in Pennsylvania seems grim for the GOP
A sigh of relief could be heard from many Republicans in election watch parties as Marco Rubio won reelection for Senate and Ron DeSantis was reelected Governor, but results showing Democrat John Fetterman matching or overperforming Biden across the board in Pennsylvania are causing deep worry. In Wisconsin, Ohio and Georgia, the Senate races are considered very tight, while in North Carolina Republican Ted Budd holds a lead. In New Hampshire, Democrat Maggie Hassan is widening her lead and is likely to be reelected.

- Pennsylvania called for Fetterman in first gain for Democrats, calls for Ohio race call to be retracted increase as Ryan narrows gap
John Fetterman officially won election for the US Senate Seat in Pennsylvania against Mehmet Oz, a result many are attributing to the quality, or lack thereof, of both campaigns. In Ohio, after a call for Republican JD Vance, Democrat Tim Ryan is quickly narrowing the margin and many election watchers are saying a retraction of the call would be wise. Meanwhile, in Michigan, Governor Gretchen Whitmer has been offically reelected.

- Democrats hold Pennsylvania Governorship, lose Kansas
Attorney General Josh Shapiro has defeated Doug Mastriano to keep the Governor's mansion in Pennsylvania blue. But in Kansas, Democrats get bad news as Laura Kelly loses to her Republican challenger, Derek Schmidt. In the Senate, North Carolina has been called for Republican Ted Budd.

- Michael Bennet and Jared Polis reelected in Colorado, Nevada races likely to come down to less than 1%
Colorado reelected both its Democratic Senator and Governor, with a strong margin. Meanwhile, as polls close in the west, Senator Mark Kelly in Arizona posts a lead over Blake Masters, but Katie Hobbs, the Democratic nominee for Governor, is slightly trailing Republican Kari Lake. In Nevada, with most of the vote in, Democratic Senator Catherine Cortez Masto holds a very narrow lead over Republican Adam Laxalt, with Governor Steve Sisolak holding a slightly larger lead over Sheriff Joe Lombardo. In Georgia, meanwhile, the gubernatorial race has been called for Jack Kemp, incumbent Republican.

- Arizona called for Kelly, New Mexico for Lujan Grisham; tossups remain in Ohio, Wisconsin, Georgia and Nevada
As Mark Kelly wins the Senate race in Arizona, Democrats are guaranteed at least 49 seats. Meanwhile, in Georgia Herschel Walker holds a quickly decreasing lead against Senator Raphael Warnock, while in Ohio JD Vance holds a less than 1% lead as the state nearly finishes reporting. New Mexico is called for incumbent Democratic Governor Michele Lujan Grisham. In Nevada, votes are quickly running dry for Republicans as Democrats remain slightly at the lead. Finally, in Wisconsin, Republicans lead both Governor Tony Evers and Senate nominee Mandela Barnes by narrow margins, and it's unclear if there's enough vote out to give Democrats a win.

- Projection: Democratic majority in the Senate
With Georgia called for Senator Warnock, Democrats are guaranteed at least 50 seats in the Senate, a big sigh of relief for the White House in a midterm that went better than expected.

- With final votes coming in, Nevada is the last major race to be called
After Ohio went for Vance and Wisconsin went for Republicans Ron Johnson and Tim Michels, we can finally call Nevada's Senate race for incumbent Democrat Cortez Masto, giving Democrats . In Georgia, despite an increasingly wide margin for Warnock, Republican Herschel Walker is refusing to concede and calling fraud.

- Republicans projected to win a majority in the House of Representatives, but it's looking increasingly narrow
In a later-than-expected call a day after the election, we can project Republicans will win a majority in the House, but it's going to be a very narrow one- currently, Democrats have a good chance to snatch many of the uncalled races, especially in California. The Republican majority is likely to be between 10 to 2 seats.

- Final House margin- a Republican majority of 5 seats
With the final race called, Republicans hold just a thin 5-seat majority in the House. The White House hopes it means some legislation can be passed on a bipartisan basis, but Republican leaders are mostly worried about the ability to elect Kevin McCarthy Speaker with a lot of power given to each tiny group of Representatives.

- Record number of candidates refusing to concede and calling fraud
Herschel Walker in Georgia, Kari Lake and Blake Masters in Arizona, Don Bolduc in New Hampshire- all are refusing to concede despite clear calls against them, with Democrats holding decent margins. Donald Trump, leading figure of the party, is supporting these claims, stating Democrats used "deep, deep fraud just like in 2020" in order to "take down the most loyal TRUMP candidates", and calling on supporters to "make their voices heard". Democrats are sounding the alarm with January 6 comparisons as a protest is planned for the swearing-in ceremony of the new Congress in the Capitol, while Republican establishment leaders remain silent.

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 05:24:35 AM »

Jack Kemp and Brian Kemp are different people.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 05:25:22 AM »

Jack Kemp and Brian Kemp are different people.

Look, Jack, here's the deal
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 03:52:52 PM »

The Shadow Primary
Part I

- The House still has no Speaker: standoff between Kevin McCarthy, Trump allies continues
After winning a slim 5-seat majority in the midterm elections, Republicans were unable to elect a Speaker on the first day of the new Congress, as Representatives Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), Andy Harris (R-MD), Bo Hines (R-NC), Chip Roy (R-TX), Mark Green (R-TN), Joe Kent (R-WA) and Mary Miller (R-IL) announced they would not support McCarthy, wanting someone who "represents our values" more. The group quickly coalesced around Rep. Elsie Stefanik (R-NY), who was rumoured to be sabotaging McCarthy behind the scenes.

Since then, the Republican conference has been in a standstill, with McCarthy refusing to hold a vote with the fear that a Democrat could win a plurality. Several Democratic moderates suggested a moderate, compromise candidate from outside the House, but it was dismissed by McCarthy. Trump, meanwhile, has put his weight on the struggle, urging Republicans to back Stefanik. With over a month passing in the new Congress, it still has no Speaker.

- Senator Bernie Sanders: "not running for President in 2024", announces retirement from politics
Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, the leader of the progressive movement in the Democratic Party for years, has announced that he's not running for President in 2024, freeing up the progressive lane for another candidate. He also said that he would retire from politics and not run for reelection to his Senate seat. Freshwoman U.S. Representative Becca Balint is likely to run for the seat with Sanders' endorsement.

Source: Flickr

- After Biden announcement, Democrats scramble to start assembling campaigns, sources say VP Harris "will not get a coronation"
With Biden announcing that he's not running for reelection last week, the 2024 election will be another open election for both parties. But while in the GOP former President Trump is likely to run for another term and dominate the primary, Democrats don't expect frontrunner Vice President Kamala Harris to receive a coronation by her party's establishment like Hillary Clinton in 2016.

The coming months are likely to be a shadow primary season, with various Democrats preparing to run. Beside Harris, possible candidates include Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, New York City Mayor Eric Adams, Senators Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Rephael Warnock, Kyrsten Sinema, Michael Bennet, Tammy Duckworth and Chris Murphy, Governors Gretchen Whitmer, Gavin Newsom, J.B. Pritzker, Roy Cooper, Michelle Lujan Grisham, Andy Beshear and Jared Polis, progressive activist Nina Turner, U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Adam Schiff, Katie Porter, former U.S. Representative Val Demings, Beto O'Rourke and Tim Ryan, and more.

- McCarthy out: Republican Whip Steve Scalise chosen as compromise candidate between leadership, rebels
Following over a month of standstill, Republicans finally reached a compromise and elected a Speaker- Steve Scalise, the current Whip, considered to the right of McCarthy, who will become Majority Leader. Elsie Stefanik, the far-right's favoured Speaker, will received the Majority Whip position. All Republicans voted for Scalise, except for Marjorie Taylor Greene and Joe Kent who voted for Stefanik, giving him a 218-215-2 victory over Pelosi and Stefanik.

- Sources close to Trump claim former President is getting farther from the idea of running in 2024: "he feels it'll be too much effort"
After former President Trump refused to answer questions about 2024 for the first time, sources close to him are now claiming the former President might not run after all: "he thinks that it's going to take too much effort, and now that Biden's not running there's no 2020 stealing to avenge". An announcement by Trump is expected soon, for better or worse, as pressure from Republican leaders to make a decision mounts. If he doesn't run, the GOP field would be scrambled.

- Vice President Harris announces Presidential campaign in large Oakland, California rally
As expected, Vice President Kamala Harris announced that she's running for President in 2024. Her rally, held in Oakland, California, received a large crowd. Harris starts out as a quasi-incumbent and frontrunner, with a lot of establishment and donor backing, but there are many Democrats who doubt her electability and urge others to run.

Harris' favourability and approval ratings are lower than Biden's, and many still remember her failed 2020 primary. She is expected to receive at least several major challengers, but after two cycles in which Democrats chose their initial frontrunners- Clinton and Biden- many give her a good chance of victory despite her perceived electoral deficits.

- After closer-than-expected Ohio Senate race, Tim Ryan announces Presidential campaign
"If I could make it this close in Ohio in a midterm, imagine what I can do nationally": this is former Representative Tim Ryan's message as he launches a second Presidential campaign. Ryan is the first challenger to Vice President Kamala Harris, and though he is considered a longshot, he's polling higher than he did four years ago.

- Marianne Williamson announces Presidential campaign, promises to combat "dark psychic forces"
A third candidate joins the Democratic field, the third who also ran in 2020. Marianne Williamson, an author and spiritual leader who places herself in the progressive wing in the party, promised to fight "the dark psychic forces of hatred and bigotry" as her main goal.

- Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg resigns, announces Presidential campaign
The Democratic Presidential campaign will officially be hard-fought one, as VP Harris receives a major challenger- Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, a major 2020 candidate who's very popular in the Democratic Party. Buttigieg places second in public polls, and has a large amount of enthusiastic supporters. Asked why is he challenging Harris, Buttigieg answered that he's a "big fan" of the Vice President, but that he thinks he has "a different message" and that "a healthy contest of visions and messages will be good for the party". He made a point to tell interviewers that "a primary challenge isn't an act of aggression, and it will be a friendly contest between allies".

Biden is likely to nominate Acting Secretary of Transportation Polly Trottenberg for the rest of his term.

President Joe Biden Approval Ratings
Approve- 45.8%
Disapprove- 48.9%
Undecided- 5.3%

2024 Democratic Primary Polling
Vice President Kamala Harris (D-CA)- 23%
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (D-MI)- 13%
Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA)- 9%
Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)- 7%
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-NY)- 7%
Fmr. U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-TX)- 5%
Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)- 3%

Fmr. U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH)- 3%
Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)- 3%
Fmr. U.S. Rep. Val Demings (D-FL)- 3%
Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)- 2%
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)- 2%

Author Marianne Williamson (D-CA)- 2%
Governor J.B. Pritzker (D-IL)- 2%
U.S. Rep. Adam Schiffe (D-CA)- 2%
U.S. Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA)- 2%
NYC Mayor Eric Adams (D-NY)- 1%
Senator Raphael Warnock (D-GA)- 1%
Governor Andy Beshear (D-KY)- 1%
Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham (D-NM)- 1%
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)- 1%
Governor Phil Murphy (D-NJ)- 0%
Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)- 0%
Activist Nina Turner (D-OH)- 0%
Senator Michael Bennet (D-CO)- 0%
Governor Roy Cooper (D-NC)- 0%
Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT)- 0%
Governor Jared Polis (D-CO)- 0%

Undecided/Others- 7%

2024 Republican Primary Polling
Fmr. President Donald Trump (R-FL)- 47%
Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL)- 28%
Fmr. Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 9%
Fmr. U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY)- 4%

Undecided/Others- 12%
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »

The Shadow Primary
Part II

- BREAKING: Donald Trump not running for President in 2024, will attempt to seek settlement for legal cases
In a "Truth Social" post that is sure to shake the nation, former President Donald Trump announced that he will forego a run for President in 2024, instead letting "new blood of MAGA patriots" to emerge as leaders. With both the Democratic and Republican fields now open, the race is expected to be the first truly open primary since 2008, with many candidates jumping in. Republican candidates who already have campaign infraustracture and are heavily expected to run include Governor Ron DeSantis, former Vice President Mike Pence, Senators Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley. Trump is expected to heavily influence the primary.

Multiple sources claim that the main reason for Trump's decision is his legal woes, with the former President hoping to reach settlement of his case with both the DOJ and New York state investigators, as evidence on him mounts in multiple cases and President Biden seems unwilling to grant a pardon.

- Ron DeSantis becomes first Republican candidate to announce, garnering a large crowd in Miami, Florida
Just two days after Trump's decision not to run, the new Republican frontrunner is in: Ron DeSantis, the Florida Governor popular with many Republicans for his combative approach to the "woke" and his high-profile governance of Florida, announced his campaign in a high-attendance event in Miami, Florida.

DeSantis starts out as the polling leader, however former President Trump is allegedly angered by him and could support challengers. A repudiation by Trump would harm him in the Republican Primary, making it a very competitive primary.

- Report: Elizabeth Warren not running for President
Despite many thinking that she's sure to run, Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren decided not to seek the Presidency again in 2024. The main reason- her age, which would be 75 by election day, and nearly 80 by the end of her first term, not much different than Joe Biden. Many Democrats want a President who will be able to run for reelection this time.

- Progressives looking for candidates as Sanders leaves void: AOC, Khanna leaning towards running
As two giants of progressive politics, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, leave the field, many in the progressive wing of the Democratic Party are wracking their brains on who to back in 2024. Harris and Buttigieg are out of the question, and most other choices are very establishment-oriented. Activist Nina Turner is expected to run, but she's seen as too extreme and out of touch with Democrats.

The big name in progressive politics is Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, who's leaning towards running- but while her appeal to the youth is big, many progressives are asking if she has any chance of winning over moderates in the primary. California Congressman Ro Khanna, a progressive known for reaching deals with moderates in the House, is pitching himself as an alternative who could win over a big coalition. But he isn't a big name, and some are searching for a creative alternative.

- Gretchen Whitmer announces 2024 campaign
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, fresh off an impressive reelection, has announced that she's running for President in 2024. Whitmer's campaign will focus on her extensive experience as Governor dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic and protecting abortion rights, as well as her position as both a fresh face and a woman. She is expected to be one of the major Democratic candidates.

At the same time, two potential candidates declared that they're not running for President- Beto O'Rourke, who said that he's going to be concentrating his efforts on turning Texas blue, and Adam Schiff, who's rumoured to be gearing up for the expected Democratic leadership race in the next congress, with Minority Leader Pelosi expected to retire.

- Pritzker winner of Illinois-Indiana standoff as Governor Holcomb drops demand for extradition of relative who assisted woman with abortion
After a weeks-long standoff that generated much media attention and outrage, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker has the victory. Despite being compelled by law to extraditeanyone charged with a crime in another state, Pritzker refused to give up on a 47-year old woman who sent abortion medication to her relative in Indiana, where it is banned.

After pressure on Holcomb and polls showing the majority of Indiana voters oppose the extradition, the Governor dropped the demand. Pritzker has declared his intention to modify extradition laws in Illinois to ensure it remains a safe haven for anyone seeking or providing abortion.

- Pence, Haley declare Presidential campaigns
Two of the major Republican candidates expected to run for President have officially declared at the same day- Mike Pence, the former Vice President under Donald Trump who has received major pushback by the Trumpist base for not refusing to certify the 2020 election results, is expected to try and and run as a staunch old-school conservative who will boldly champion socially conservative causes but without the scandal of Trump or DeSantis. Haley, meanwhile, will try to run on her perceived electability, and appeal to the base as a Trumpist who can win.

- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, major progressive leader, running for President as a Democrat
New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, the most popular politician in the "Sanders wing" of the Democratic Party, is running for President, attempting to become Sanders' heir. She's expected to hold a rally in New York next week with fellow "Squad" members Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman and Cori Bush, all of whom will endorse her. However, Senator Sanders, while praising Cortez, said that he's "not going to be making an endorsement" for the time being. A Sanders endorsement would be a considerable boost for Cortez.

Approve- 46.1%
Disapprove- 48.0%
Undecided- 5.9%

Vice President Kamala Harris (D-CA)- 25%
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (D-MI)- 14%
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-NY)- 9%
Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA)- 8%
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)- 4%
Governor J.B. Pritzker (D-IL)- 4%
Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)- 4%

Fmr. U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH)- 4%
Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)- 3%
Fmr. U.S. Rep. Val Demings (D-FL)- 3%
U.S. Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA)- 2%
Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)- 2%
U.S. Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA)- 2%

Author Marianne Williamson (D-CA)- 2%
NYC Mayor Eric Adams (D-NY)- 2%
Senator Raphael Warnock (D-GA)- 2%
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)- 2%
Governor Andy Beshear (D-KY)- 1%
Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham (D-NM)- 1%
Activist Nina Turner (D-OH)- 1%
Governor Phil Murphy (D-NJ)- 0%
Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)- 0%
Senator Michael Bennet (D-CO)- 0%
Governor Roy Cooper (D-NC)- 0%
Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT)- 0%
Governor Jared Polis (D-CO)- 0%

Undecided/Others- 5%

2024 Republican Primary Polling
Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL)- 33%
Fmr. Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 11%
Businessman Donald Trump Jr. (R-FL)- 11%
Businesswoman Ivanka Trump (R-FL)- 6%
Fmr. U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY)- 4%

Fmr. UN Ambassador Nikki Haley (R-SC)- 4%
Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT)- 4%
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)- 4%
Fmr. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo- 3%
Governor Greg Abbott (R-TX)- 3%
Fmr. Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ)- 3%
Governor Kristi Noem (R-SD)- 2%
Governor Glenn Youngkin (R-VA)- 2%
Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR)- 2%
Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)- 1%
Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 1%
Fmr. Governor Larry Hogan (R-MD)- 1%
U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA)- 1%
Mayor Francis X. Suarez (R-FL)- 0%
Governor Asa Hutchinson (R-AR)- 0%
Senator Tim Scott (R-SC)- 0%
Senator Rick Scott (R-FL)- 0%
Undecided/Others- 4%
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 03:45:44 PM »

The Shadow Primary
Part III

- Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker announces Presidential campaign in video posted on social media
J.B. Pritzker, the billionaire Governor of Illinois, announced on social media that he's running for President. In the video, Pritzker touts his achievements as Governor, his principled stands on progressive issues, and showed a combative attitude against Republicans, calling himself "the fighter we need".

Pritzker is a surprising figure in the race, starting as a fairly unremarkable Democratic Governor but growing in popularity due to what was seen as a strong enactment of progressive priorities, internet memes focusing on him, and a recent combative attitude towards Republican incursions on civil rights. An abortion standoff with neighboring Indiana generated much media, further boosting Pritzker. However, he's still considered a longshot in the race.

- Congressman Ro Khanna running for President
Ro Khanna, the Congressman representing California's 17th district, is running for President. A progressive aiming to be a more pragmatic alternative to AOC, Khanna is hoping to capitalize on the lack of explicitly progressive candidates in the race, and the view that Ocasio Cortez, his rival for the camp, is unelectable.

- New York City Mayor Eric Adams running for President as a "pragmatist and reformer"
Mayor Eric Adams, known for some bizarre statements and seen as a very controversial figure after rocky 3 years in office, is making a run for President. He's touting himself as "someone who knows how to talk to all sorts of people" and "both a pragmatist and reformer".

- DONALD TRUMP IS IN: but not the one you thought or hoped
Donald Trump Jr., the former President's eldest son, is running for President. Known for statements even more extreme than his father's, Trump Jr. is hoping to prove that the GOP is officially a Trump Party.

However, many believe he lacks his father's unique appeal and charisma, and comes off as a "loser". Still, the former President's son starts out with a second-place showing in the polls, and got a strong statement of support, if not outright endorsement, from his dad.

- Chris Christie running for President, promises "down-to-earth electability" to Republican voters
Former New Jersey Governor and 2016 candidate Chris Christie announced another campaign. The bombastic former Governor promised to bring "electability" to the table, pointing at his experience winning swing voters, but also to "speak down-to-earth and tell it like it is". Christie had a complicated relationship with Trump, endorsing him in 2016 before turning on him by the end of his term.

- Straight from narrow loss in Florida Senate race, Val Demings is running for President
Former U.S. Representative Val Demings, who lead Democratic impeachment efforts against Trump in 2019 before being considered for Vice President on Biden's 2020 ticket and later running a strong campaign for Senate, ending in a narrow loss, against Marco Rubio, is running for President now. Her narrow loss and strong campaign made her popular among national Democrats, and she hopes her unique background coupled with strong public speaking can generate enough buzz.

- Francis Suarez, Mayor of Miami, running for President as a Republican
Moderate to liberal on social issues, serious about climate change and very pro-crypto, Francis Xavier Suarez has perhaps the most unique profile in the Republican field. He's running now against a frontrunner, Ron DeSantis, who he voted against in 2018 in favor of a progressive Democratic opponent. Suarez still hopes to gain traction with young and moderate Republicans and become a dark horse.

- Former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan in, hoping to carry moderate Republican flag
Jon Huntsman in 2012, John Kasich in 2016, and now- Larry Hogan in 2024. The former Maryland Governor, a relatively moderate Republican, hopes to be the moderate to break through and. But in Trump's party, and anti-Trump candidate is very much a long shot.

Approve- 46.6%
Disapprove- 48.3%
Undecided- 5.1%

Vice President Kamala Harris (D-CA)- 24%
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (D-MI)- 13%
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-NY)- 8%
Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA)- 6%
Governor J.B. Pritzker (D-IL)- 5%
Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)- 5%
Fmr. U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH)- 4%