Maryland Governor Dem primary poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:02:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Maryland Governor Dem primary poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Jon Baron

Peter Franchot

Doug Gansler

Ralph Jaffe

Ashwani Jain

John King Jr.

Wes Moore

Tom Perez

Jerome Segal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Maryland Governor Dem primary poll  (Read 790 times)
goin bezerk
Rookie
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2022, 12:41:32 PM »

I haven't been paying attention at all so I can't say.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 01:04:24 PM »

Hopefully, Perez
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 01:28:21 PM »

I just voted for Moore
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 06:20:46 PM »

I really don't know. I've been avoiding paying too much attention to political races this year, for the most part, for the sake of my sanity, but considering how low stakes this election is for Democrats (being a near-guaranteed pickup) I've been very interested in this one. It's also one of the few competitive primaries for the party so far this year.

But from what I've gleaned, I get the feeling that in spite of the both Moore and Perez surging a bit in the later part of this primary, Franchot will pull off the nomination due to the other two probably splitting the more progressive vote as Franchot's closeness to Hogan, possibly even getting crossover support from Maryland Republicans feeling alienated by the state party's hard-right turn, and representation of the DC suburbs help him across the finish line.

I could be wrong, and kind of want to be wrong, I'd prefer either of the other two with a slight preference to Perez, but I'm going to stick with Franchot as my vote here. I'm just not particularly confident because it's been such an inconclusive race in my view.

I'm very eager to find out tonight though.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 06:50:00 PM »

Hopefully Moore

I haven't been following too closely, but I am surprised Perez is in such serious contention. I sort of thought he was considered toxic coming off his DNC tenure.

FWIW, PredictIt gives Moore a 72% chance, Franchot a 19% chance, and Perez a 9% chance. Wonder why there is such strong consensus over there, when the polls, the media coverage I've seen, and the responses in this thread tell a much more uncertain story.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 07:01:31 PM »

I feel like one of the few people on the forum actively following this race since I'm moving back to Maryland in a month. National politics is going to get depressing over the next several years, so I'm probably going to try to focus more than I usually would on state level politics in Maryland.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 07:38:09 PM »

It doesn't matter anymore they fouled up the ballot it will take weeks to count
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 07:59:04 PM »

Moore seems like the least objectionable of the top three. Has a winner's aura, Franchot is kinda blah and Perez was a hot mess at the DNC.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2022, 02:55:14 AM »

FRANCHOT was a bad candidate
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 06:26:56 PM »

I really don't know. I've been avoiding paying too much attention to political races this year, for the most part, for the sake of my sanity, but considering how low stakes this election is for Democrats (being a near-guaranteed pickup) I've been very interested in this one. It's also one of the few competitive primaries for the party so far this year.

But from what I've gleaned, I get the feeling that in spite of the both Moore and Perez surging a bit in the later part of this primary, Franchot will pull off the nomination due to the other two probably splitting the more progressive vote as Franchot's closeness to Hogan, possibly even getting crossover support from Maryland Republicans feeling alienated by the state party's hard-right turn, and representation of the DC suburbs help him across the finish line.

I could be wrong, and kind of want to be wrong, I'd prefer either of the other two with a slight preference to Perez, but I'm going to stick with Franchot as my vote here. I'm just not particularly confident because it's been such an inconclusive race in my view.

I'm very eager to find out tonight though.

I know that we still have hundreds of thousands of absentee votes to count, but I think I read this race wrong when it comes to who is splitting votes with who. Franchot and Perez might be the ones splitting a certain demographic given the latter's leads in Montgomery County. I think that may continue and keep Moore ahead. I also don't expect absentees out of Baltimore and Prince George's Counties to really skew against him either.

Does anyone know where I can find the county results so far, by the way? I'm curious which areas have the most votes outstanding.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2022, 09:17:00 PM »

Also, what on earth was with 20/20 Insight having put King in serious contention in two separate polls, including the last one? He couldn't even place ahead of Baker who dropped out over a month before the primary.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2022, 03:24:25 AM »

Apparently, I'm backing Gansler. I wrote it in the Gov 2022 endorsements thread but I don't remember why tbh. Maybe it was an ad of his that did it but looking back he seems like a generic Dem. I really don't want Tom Perez to get the nom though.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2022, 06:06:14 PM »

Apparently, I'm backing Gansler. I wrote it in the Gov 2022 endorsements thread but I don't remember why tbh. Maybe it was an ad of his that did it but looking back he seems like a generic Dem. I really don't want Tom Perez to get the nom though.

Have you not been keeping up? Moore was declared the winner the other day and declared victory yesterday.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2022, 06:20:20 PM »

Have you not been keeping up? Moore was declared the winner the other day and declared victory yesterday.

No.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies