S.22.2-100: N.I.D.D.A.H. Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:29:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.22.2-100: N.I.D.D.A.H. Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: S.22.2-100: N.I.D.D.A.H. Act  (Read 1067 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2022, 10:03:49 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2022, 06:57:21 PM by fhtagn »

N.I.D.D.A.H. ACT

1. This law shall be referred to as the No Icky Dirty Dames Are Here Act or the N.I.D.D.A.H. Act.

2. Nothing in Southern law shall be interpreted as prohibiting businesses in the Southern Region from temporarily excluding niddah customers and customers who are presently menstruating from patronizing their physical business location for the duration of such niddah or menstrual period.

3. Any business in the Southern Region that seeks to temporarily exclude niddah customers or customers who are presently menstruating from patronizing their business, shall post visible signage at each entrance to the physical store informing customers of the exclusion policy.

4. No business in the Southern Region may exclude niddah customers or customers who are presently menstruating from patronizing their business through an online portal or other method not requiring physical presence at the place of business.

5. Any business in the Southern Region that complies with all provisions of this act shall not be guilty of unlawful discrimination for temporarily excluding niddah customers or customers who are presently menstruating from patronizing their business.

6. This act shall take effect September 26, 2022.

Sponsor: fhtagn
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 10:22:06 PM »

This protects the right of religious store owners to avoid ritual impurity. Any limitation is temporary and this does not permit permanent bans.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 11:04:59 PM »

I hope you know that you're a bunch of losers, right?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 05:00:26 AM »

K. Thx. Bye.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 11:27:34 AM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 02:53:28 PM »

What is the point of this? Do you have jobs or obligations?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 04:24:29 PM »

What is the point of this? Do you have jobs or obligations?

Who are you?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 08:20:19 PM »

Since there doesn't seem to be any comments from any delegates, motion to suspend the rules and move to a final vote. 24 hours for objections.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 09:58:08 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2022, 10:04:45 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Mod Cap On: Gonna have to change the names and the acronyms. Its too similar to a different N word.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 10:49:20 PM »

Mod Cap On: Gonna have to change the names and the acronyms. Its too similar to a different N word.

What are you talking about? Its Hebrew.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niddah

Not sure if you are serious or not, but Im gonna take it as serious.

Frankly, it is antisemitic to prohibit even being able to name a traditional jewish concept that has been practiced for millenia. Like I want to know what the bloody hell is the matter with this. Mod fascism censored the posting of the literal word for word text of an actual law in Tennessee (without any commentary) and now you are telling me a Hebrew word for a Jewish ritual mandated by THE BIBLE is against the TOS, because it maybe, possibly sounds like ... what? Do you even know how this word is pronounced? How in the hell does Badger get to say the actual N word but now yall are gonna censor the phucking Bible because oh me someone maybe pronounced it wrong in their head and thinks it sounds similar to a slur. Thats lunacy and thats ad hoc. If someone reported this it is clearly a bad-faith report and should be dismissed. This literally breaks no rules. Show me the TOS this breaks.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2022, 12:13:51 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2022, 12:30:43 AM by fhtagn »

When Badger actually said the n word in reference to black people on the forum, numerous mods came to his defense claiming that it wasn't the n word because he replaced one letter in the word.

I'm genuinely going to need any mod that has an issue with this bill title to explain how niddah is "too close to the n word" when it's an actual word, this bill is in reference to the actual word, and is even further from the n word previously mentioned on the forum thst just about every single mod came out saying was acceptable.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2022, 01:18:28 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2022, 01:21:41 AM by Devout Centrist »

I hear Badger has been charged with public masturbation in the past, too. I think we can all tell something’s broken inside of him. Look up Brandon Mayhew Breaking Bad for more information.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 04:53:13 AM »

When Badger actually said the n word in reference to black people on the forum, numerous mods came to his defense claiming that it wasn't the n word because he replaced one letter in the word.

I'm genuinely going to need any mod that has an issue with this bill title to explain how niddah is "too close to the n word" when it's an actual word, this bill is in reference to the actual word, and is even further from the n word previously mentioned on the forum thst just about every single mod came out saying was acceptable.

Im curious if the adjective "bigger" is now banned forum wide for being only 1 letter off and therefore sounding much more like the no-no word claimed. After all, "bigger" shares 5 out of 6 letters with the banned word. The word in this bill shares 2 out of 6. Again I dont know how a mod can claim an actual word that 1. Is in a foreign language, 2. Predates the slur, 3. Is not pronounced the same as the slur, 4. Is not being used as a slur or a stand in therefore, 5. Shares only about 1/3 of the same letters as the slur, and 6. Is in the Bible, is obviously something posters should presume violates the TOS. An enforceable TOS has to be clear and consistent so that posters can conform their discussion to the rules. There is no way to conform to such an arbitrary standard as "when I mispronounce word A in my head it maybe, sort of sounds like word J despite being a different word, in a different language, that is 67% different in spelling, therefore word A is infractable." Like how is this anything but a scheme to chill speech and target specific posters for bs ideological reasons?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2022, 06:28:11 PM »

Im curious if the adjective "bigger" is now banned forum wide for being only 1 letter off and therefore sounding much more like the no-no word claimed. After all, "bigger" shares 5 out of 6 letters with the banned word. The word in this bill shares 2 out of 6. Again I dont know how a mod can claim an actual word that 1. Is in a foreign language, 2. Predates the slur, 3. Is not pronounced the same as the slur, 4. Is not being used as a slur or a stand in therefore, 5. Shares only about 1/3 of the same letters as the slur, and 6. Is in the Bible, is obviously something posters should presume violates the TOS. An enforceable TOS has to be clear and consistent so that posters can conform their discussion to the rules. There is no way to conform to such an arbitrary standard as "when I mispronounce word A in my head it maybe, sort of sounds like word J despite being a different word, in a different language, that is 67% different in spelling, therefore word A is infractable." Like how is this anything but a scheme to chill speech and target specific posters for bs ideological reasons?

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2022, 07:05:04 PM »

What are you talking about? Its Hebrew.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niddah

Not sure if you are serious or not, but Im gonna take it as serious.

Frankly, it is antisemitic to prohibit even being able to name a traditional jewish concept that has been practiced for millenia. Like I want to know what the bloody hell is the matter with this. Mod fascism censored the posting of the literal word for word text of an actual law in Tennessee (without any commentary) and now you are telling me a Hebrew word for a Jewish ritual mandated by THE BIBLE is against the TOS, because it maybe, possibly sounds like ... what? Do you even know how this word is pronounced? How in the hell does Badger get to say the actual N word but now yall are gonna censor the phucking Bible because oh me someone maybe pronounced it wrong in their head and thinks it sounds similar to a slur. Thats lunacy and thats ad hoc. If someone reported this it is clearly a bad-faith report and should be dismissed. This literally breaks no rules. Show me the TOS this breaks.
Not agreeing or disagreeing with anything you are talking about in regards to Badger, but on the substance of it being "close" to some n-word...
Just plainly absurd...Clearly someone offended by something like this is most likely either misinformed or looking to be offended so that they can claim something self-glorifying.
Neither of which are things that elevate this to something that ought to be changed. It's not our problem.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2022, 07:13:04 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2022, 07:23:03 PM by Southern Delegate and Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

Wait until whoever reported this learns what a commonly used word for 'what' is in Chinese, or the name of a state in northeast India, or a Japanese word meaning "go away", or any number of homophones or quasi-homophones with histories essentially unrelated to the modern n-word or any of its derivatives or cousins or relatives.
When you don't know as much about the world, it can be easy to act on basis of ignorance, knowingly or not.
Keeping an open mind and being respectful of other languages is a good thing. And actions speak louder than words.
Respect human diversity. It's an innate part of our species.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2022, 07:22:07 PM »

What until whoever reported this learns what a commonly used word for 'what' is in Chinese, or the name of a state in northeast India, or a Japanese word meaning "go away", or any number of homophones or quasi-homophones with histories essentially unrelated to the modern n-word or any of its derivatives or cousins or relatives.
When you don't know as much about the world, it can be easy to act on basis of ignorance.
Keeping an open mind and being respectful of other languages is a good thing. And actions speak louder than words.

Let me just say- there's nothing remotely respectful towards Hebrew or Judaism in passing a fake internet law that bans and discriminates against women by using a Hebrew word for a Jewish religious concept. In fact, it's kind of anti Jewish. I'd be offended if it happened in real life, here it's just sad. But don't pretend to respect us by cosplaying as fascist theocrats in our name.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2022, 07:24:43 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2022, 07:31:17 PM by fhtagn »

Some information for the people faking outrage over this bill and haven't educated themselves on what this bill relates to:

There is absolutely no justifiable reason to claim anything about the bill's title violates the ToS in any real way, and I truly invite anyone to point out specifically where it would even come close to violating it.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2022, 07:26:00 PM »

What until whoever reported this learns what a commonly used word for 'what' is in Chinese, or the name of a state in northeast India, or a Japanese word meaning "go away", or any number of homophones or quasi-homophones with histories essentially unrelated to the modern n-word or any of its derivatives or cousins or relatives.
When you don't know as much about the world, it can be easy to act on basis of ignorance.

Let me just say- there's nothing remotely respectful towards Hebrew or Judaism in passing a fake internet law that bans and discriminates against women by using a Hebrew word for a Jewish religious concept. In fact, it's kind of anti Jewish. I'd be offended if it happened in real life, here it's just sad. But don't pretend to respect us by cosplaying as fascist theocrats in our name.

Tell us you didn't actually read the bill without telling us you didn't actually read the bill.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2022, 07:27:28 PM »

It doesn't necessarily say much about one thinks about Judaism. To me, this isn't about Judaism.
But the xenophile in me finds it extremely ignorant to get offended at the name of this bill because it could possibly be construed as similar. I have little to no sympathy with such a viewpoint.
Respect human diversity. Humans speak various tongues with various terms that might be similar or whatever. In the era of globalization, I see some don't understand that, but that doesn't mean the mod team should empower ignorance.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2022, 07:31:14 PM »

Tell us you didn't actually read the bill without telling us you didn't actually read the bill.

Lol don't worry I read your paragraphs called "bill". It's a bunch of drivel that no Jew, even the most extreme Haredim in Israel, would think to do. Using a Jewish concept to justify your social conservative virtue signaling isn't very respectful.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2022, 07:33:31 PM »

Lol don't worry I read your paragraphs called "bill". It's a bunch of drivel that no Jew, even the most extreme Haredim in Israel, would think to do. Using a Jewish concept to justify your social conservative virtue signaling isn't very respectful.

It's simply ensuring that any business that chooses to engage in the practice would be protected under Southern law, and ensures they must offer a reasonable accommodation in the instance someone would be excluded due to engaging in the practice so that the patron could not be denied service. That's literally all it does. You're engaging in fake outrage for literally nothing. 
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2022, 07:35:59 PM »

I wouldn't care as much about this if it wasn't clear what has been implied by mods, but I will reiterate: you can respect the fact some words in non-English languages may under some looking-for-being-offended definition of "similar to n-word" might qualify as offensive. Or you can actually respect human diversity. You cannot do both.
Many people can get offended at things they do not understand. That doesn't mean the mods have to, and even act the same way.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2022, 07:40:46 PM »

This is a religious accomodation law for the Orthodox. Our Constitution says we must accomodate religious expression. No one is forced to do anything. Its frankly pathetic that this bill, which in no way violates the TOS, might have been reported for who knows what. This is from the Bible. To say we cant even discuss the Bible and biblical concepts is unfair and discriminates against Christians and Jewish people. This is like core speech. Its absurd that someone can claim it violates the TOS to discuss the Bible and religious concepts as though they are a gatekeeper of God.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2022, 07:48:19 PM »

This is a religious accomodation law for the Orthodox. Our Constitution says we must accomodate religious expression. No one is forced to do anything. Its frankly pathetic that this bill, which in no way violates the TOS, might have been reported for who knows what. This is from the Bible. To say we cant even discuss the Bible and biblical concepts is unfair and discriminates against Christians and Jewish people. This is like core speech. Its absurd that someone can claim it violates the TOS to discuss the Bible and religious concepts as though they are a gatekeeper of God.
To be fair to Parrotguy (to some degree), he is Israeli and probably is repulsed by the idea of such accommodations (which, as I understand it, are not exceptional in Israel).
But this ain't Israel and we have different constitutions and laws.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies