@ Labor Senators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:02:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  @ Labor Senators
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: @ Labor Senators  (Read 2972 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2022, 11:22:21 PM »

The fact that he told them to "march to the Capitol" matters, I think.
No, it really doesn't. Especially when he clearly stated in the speech to go there peacefully.

He was informed yet again that people had guns in the crowd. He said "They're not here to hurt me," like why do you think armed people just show up.

I already addressed this:
I don't know if you just don't pay attention or you're just ignoring this for your silly argument, but Republican rallies have people carrying weapons all the time. Its not exactly something out of the ordinary, especially in an outside, not enclosed setting.

Also we know that a possible threat of violence was anticipated by Trump's inner circle leading up to January 6th. Mark Meadows literally said "things could get very bad," 4 days before the riot happened. Why do you think he said that?
This does not in any way, shape, or form prove that Trump incited violence.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2022, 11:27:04 PM »

Attacks on Spark I understand and expect but Sev and others who recommended his post have, prior to the last session of Congress, displayed the capacity to be more than just cynical as Senators. Obviously if that changed because of something in the past two sessions I have a vested interest in knowing what could be changed, I did administer the chamber for a good chunk of that time after all.
I think you did an admirable job during your tenure in the Senate and right now, I'm pretty content with the way the Senate is currently run. I don't think that comment has anything to do with your time in the Senate specifically, but I'll let Sev clarify.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2022, 12:59:43 AM »

When you insist on maintaining the ability of the President to hijack an election via executive order for bs reasons, you get what you deserve.

I'll say it again, you have no credibility on any claim of the left being Trumpist until you purge all 1/6 supporters from your party. I want to hear nothing more on this as long as your party is still supporting people like DeadPrez and Mr. Reactionary.

Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2022, 01:08:52 AM »

@S019
What does the 6th of January have anything to do with the price of fish in Atlasia?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2022, 02:22:51 AM »

Spark is low hanging fruit in this sense. Sure he has made mistakes, the question is how he takes advice and improves his operation going forward (improving communication etc). I made a number of mistakes my first two months as PPT, but I was given the chance to get better and I was constantly trying to fix and improve things, both in terms of what I was doing and in terms of the rules.
Pffft. We all know about Spark's antics both on and off of this forum. He's played this game for 5 years now, it's not unreasonable to expect a little more competency from the Senate PPT.

Nevertheless, it's very amusing to watch the Feds defend the guy whose private harassment campaign cost them an election. Falling upward is alive and well both irl and in Atlasia.

There’s plenty about the PPT here, nothing about what the Senate did to supposedly deserve him.

They voted for him. I think that speaks for itself. There was nothing questionable about what I said, and I stand by it entirely.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2022, 03:12:20 AM »

Spark is low hanging fruit in this sense. Sure he has made mistakes, the question is how he takes advice and improves his operation going forward (improving communication etc). I made a number of mistakes my first two months as PPT, but I was given the chance to get better and I was constantly trying to fix and improve things, both in terms of what I was doing and in terms of the rules.
Pffft. We all know about Spark's antics both on and off of this forum. He's played this game for 5 years now, it's not unreasonable to expect a little more competency from the Senate PPT.

Nevertheless, it's very amusing to watch the Feds defend the guy whose private harassment campaign cost them an election. Falling upward is alive and well both irl and in Atlasia.

There’s plenty about the PPT here, nothing about what the Senate did to supposedly deserve him.

They voted for him. I think that speaks for itself. There was nothing questionable about what I said, and I stand by it entirely.

yeah cause captain two minute vote proved himself as non-partisan. Wink
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2022, 04:59:19 AM »

It's a bit rich of Spark to insist that unity means the opposition can't disagree with the policies of the incumbent Party. Labor is under no obligation to help the Federalist Party, only to genuinely do what it thinks is best for the nation.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2022, 05:46:42 AM »

It's a bit rich of Spark to insist that unity means the opposition can't disagree with the policies of the incumbent Party. Labor is under no obligation to help the Federalist Party, only to genuinely do what it thinks is best for the nation.

Not that I disagree, to be fair all he's done in that case is use the Left's standard play book.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2022, 06:17:16 AM »

Fun fact: The only party to try to pull off something like January 6th in Atlasia is the Labor Party Tongue
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2022, 08:19:46 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2022, 08:24:06 AM by America Needs Cthulhu »

Fun fact: The only party to try to pull off something like January 6th in Atlasia is the Labor Party Tongue

Nothing like January 6th has ever been attempted by the Labor Party. Unless the GM has simulated a riot of Labor supporting NPCs at the Capitol in Nyman, although I’m not aware that he has.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2022, 09:21:29 AM »

Sure, Labor can disagree but the barrage of personal attacks upon a sitting PPT is unwarranted.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2022, 10:52:16 AM »

Nothing like January 6th has ever been attempted by the Labor Party. Unless the GM has simulated a riot of Labor supporting NPCs at the Capitol in Nyman, although I’m not aware that he has.

Yall launched a phucking military invasion. You should be in jail.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2022, 11:11:58 AM »

what even is this thread now
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2022, 12:13:34 PM »

Sure, Labor can disagree but the barrage of personal attacks upon a sitting PPT is unwarranted.
Someone needs to be checked for amnesia, because theyve clearly forgot about the attacks employed in the February and June 2021 elections (and frankly, many of the prior ones as well). The Federalist snowflakes have gotten even softer, it seems.

Oh no, muh imaginary NPC citizens are getting invuhded!

The only jail I’m going to is horny jail, biatch. Quit malding, maybe you’ll live longer!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2022, 12:33:14 PM »

I didn’t do anything. I have no control over the military.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2022, 11:41:07 PM »

Thanks for the answer!

So just to be clear, are there any other problems you would have had with the Senate if I was still PPT but everything else was the same, or is it entirely on Spark?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2022, 11:50:57 PM »

If I can find a post in thirty seconds that contradicts it it's not a very good lie.

America Needs Cthulhu
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

View Profile Personal Message (Online) Show only this user's posts in this thread   

STOP THE STEAL RALLY in Nashville on January 28th!
« on: January 23, 2022, 11:53:31 PM »   
There will be a rally on Friday in Nashville at the Southern capital for all patriots who support ELECTION INTEGRITY and LAW and ORDER to make their voices heard!

Be there. Will be wild!!!
Recommend   |  11 people recommend this.

And spare me the "but it's not in Nyman" please, if I crack an egg into a frying pan and fry it with butter it's an omelette no matter where I make it.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2022, 03:21:57 AM »

I didn’t do anything. I have no control over the military.
Aren't you a general?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2022, 03:23:35 AM »

Anyway, as an outside observer I'm glad there can be so much drama caused without me.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2022, 03:28:36 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2022, 03:32:06 AM by Trumbull County #Populist for Tim Ryan »

If I can find a post in thirty seconds that contradicts it it's not a very good lie.

America Needs Cthulhu
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

View Profile Personal Message (Online) Show only this user's posts in this thread

STOP THE STEAL RALLY in Nashville on January 28th!
« on: January 23, 2022, 11:53:31 PM »
There will be a rally on Friday in Nashville at the Southern capital for all patriots who support ELECTION INTEGRITY and LAW and ORDER to make their voices heard!

Be there. Will be wild!!!
Recommend   |  11 people recommend this.

And spare me the "but it's not in Nyman" please, if I crack an egg into a frying pan and fry it with butter it's an omelette no matter where I make it.

The format and wording of this post makes clear that it satirizes the members of your party who did and in fact still do (in this very thread) defend the attempts by Donald Trump to overturn a free and fair election which culminated in a violent attack on the Capitol and a mob which chanted “Hang Mike Pence.” The satire here is that many in your party supported the real life version of these events yet they claim it is unrelated and care more about a game. Oh well, the modern right only has itself to blame, they have themselves to blame for embracing Goldwater and Reagan, which got them here. You reap what you sow, as they say. The only unfortunate thing here is that the 50% of us who didn’t actually vote for this mess now have to live it through. We have to live through it despite the fact that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote and the fact that without gerrymandering, the House likely would’ve been much closer given Republicans only won the NPV by 1. I think we need to discuss real issues like this and discuss the radicalism on your side and how an antiquated electoral system enables it. We could also talk about the hypocrisy on the right over the focus on Clinton’s emails but nothing about Trump’s shady business dealings, but I need to log off now, as it’s late, but I’m happy to debate this in the morning.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2022, 05:55:04 AM »

The format and wording of this post makes clear that it satirizes the members of your party who did and in fact still do (in this very thread) defend the attempts by Donald Trump to overturn a free and fair election which culminated in a violent attack on the Capitol and a mob which chanted “Hang Mike Pence.” The satire here is that many in your party supported the real life version of these events yet they claim it is unrelated and care more about a game. Oh well, the modern right only has itself to blame, they have themselves to blame for embracing Goldwater and Reagan, which got them here. You reap what you sow, as they say. The only unfortunate thing here is that the 50% of us who didn’t actually vote for this mess now have to live it through. We have to live through it despite the fact that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote and the fact that without gerrymandering, the House likely would’ve been much closer given Republicans only won the NPV by 1. I think we need to discuss real issues like this and discuss the radicalism on your side and how an antiquated electoral system enables it. We could also talk about the hypocrisy on the right over the focus on Clinton’s emails but nothing about Trump’s shady business dealings, but I need to log off now, as it’s late, but I’m happy to debate this in the morning.

@S019
What does the 6th of January have anything to do with the price of fish in Atlasia?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2022, 06:48:47 AM »

@S019

Why are you so desperate to change the topic? Why do you care more about a game than real life?
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2022, 07:46:57 PM »

@S019

Why are you so desperate to change the topic? Why do you care more about a game than real life?
LOL

To be fair, I'd just like you to stay on topic. I'm not "desperate to change the topic" which is about Atlasia. It may have eluded you but this is the game section of the forum. If you want to b!tch about IRL stuff there is the entire rest of forum for this. You can scream into the ether till your goalpost moving heart is content. SO the real question is why are YOU so desperate to change the topic?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2022, 10:55:52 PM »

The fact that he told them to "march to the Capitol" matters, I think.

No, it really doesn't. Especially when he clearly stated in the speech to go there peacefully.

I don't think it matters that he initially told them to "march to the Capitol" as peaceful protest is constitutionally protected, but I think it's clear that he doesn't have clean hands when he released a video after the attack telling the terrorists that he "loves them" and that they're "very special." [sic]
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2022, 10:47:18 AM »

@S019

If I wanted to, I would've made a stupidly long effortpost explaining that, but I'm lazy AF so....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies