@ Labor Senators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:00:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  @ Labor Senators
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: @ Labor Senators  (Read 2973 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2022, 10:49:21 AM »

Genuine question here, I appreciate Sev has been feeling out of sorts lately but the debate that Spark bumped recently had this in it:

Would be nice to have more than a bare quorum showing up to vote though, you do have to admit.

Perhaps the PPT should message people on important votes like you did.

This Senate has the PPT it deserves.

Would you like to elaborate?
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 11:05:43 AM »

The PPT was only messaging Senators in his own party to vote until he was called out for that. Also, as we learned yesterday, he can't count.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 11:08:15 AM »

The Year is 2022. The Atlasian Senate is under SPARK RULE. S*v is .....
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 11:45:59 AM »

The PPT was only messaging Senators in his own party to vote until he was called out for that. Also, as we learned yesterday, he can't count.

Bolded is, apparently, not as much of an aberration in congressional history as I hoped it would be. I wish it was but the two people who recommended your post have both been congressional leaders at one point or another and can attest to that.

The original question was worded to imply the Senate itself is at fault for something.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 01:30:09 PM »

Labor needs to calm down, as it appears they have grown tired of Mr. Cao and myself already. If they forgo directing this ill will the nation could actually advance itself. Lest, we destroy any hope of moving ATLASIA forward. I intend to work with all sides to move forward past the nightmare of OBD. Would appreciate a little more respect.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 01:36:57 PM »

Labor needs to calm down, as it appears they have grown tired of Mr. Cao and myself already. If they forgo directing this ill will the nation could actually advance itself. Lest, we destroy any hope of moving ATLASIA forward. I intend to work with all sides to move forward past the nightmare of OBD. Would appreciate a little more respect.

OBD left office nearly 3 months ago. I think we’re well past him, lol.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2022, 01:42:21 PM »

OBD left office nearly 3 months ago. I think we’re well past him, lol.

Indeed, but it definitely didn't do the game any favors about the inactivity.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 02:25:49 PM »

No one has said anything about the President, to my knowledge.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2022, 04:34:23 PM »

What else do you expect from someone who spends their time around ex-dengists in echo-chamber discords. This is the Trumpification of the Atlasian left.

They will spread enough "its okay", "your focused on the past", "it's fine, don't worry about", "you are just paranoid", until one of them can ride the numbers into the White House with the help of a good bit of wishful thinking, naivety and newer folks unaware of what happened and/or convinced it was no big deal. Part and parcel to this is seizing on anything that can make the current people look bad and vindicate those that came before in spite of their heinous actions (sound familiar, it should).

Spark is low hanging fruit in this sense. Sure he has made mistakes, the question is how he takes advice and improves his operation going forward (improving communication etc). I made a number of mistakes my first two months as PPT, but I was given the chance to get better and I was constantly trying to fix and improve things, both in terms of what I was doing and in terms of the rules.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2022, 07:30:14 PM »

Funniest thing I’ve read all day.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2022, 07:51:34 PM »

When you insist on maintaining the ability of the President to hijack an election via executive order for bs reasons, you get what you deserve.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 07:53:21 PM »

When you insist on maintaining the ability of the President to hijack an election via executive order for bs reasons, you get what you deserve.

I'll say it again, you have no credibility on any claim of the left being Trumpist until you purge all 1/6 supporters from your party. I want to hear nothing more on this as long as your party is still supporting people like DeadPrez and Mr. Reactionary.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2022, 07:58:49 PM »

I'll say it again, you have no credibility on any claim of the left being Trumpist until you purge all 1/6 supporters from your party. I want to hear nothing more on this as long as your party is still supporting people like DeadPrez and Mr. Reactionary.

Neither of the people you listed supported 1/6.

You actively look part in and to this day continue to defend the Atlasian equivalent of 1/6. Let us know when you're ready to apologize.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »

You actively look part in and to this day continue to defend the Atlasian equivalent of 1/6. Let us know when you're ready to apologize.

Did Joe Biden win the 2020 election? Did Donald Trump attempt to overturn the 2020 election? Did Donald Trump incite a mob to go and attack the Capitol to overturn the 2020 election? Did Donald Trump pressure Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election? Did the vast majority of congressional Republicans vote against finding out what really happened on 1/6?

I'm waiting....
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 08:01:39 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2022, 08:06:09 PM by Devout Centrist »

Spark is low hanging fruit in this sense. Sure he has made mistakes, the question is how he takes advice and improves his operation going forward (improving communication etc). I made a number of mistakes my first two months as PPT, but I was given the chance to get better and I was constantly trying to fix and improve things, both in terms of what I was doing and in terms of the rules.
Pffft. We all know about Spark's antics both on and off of this forum. He's played this game for 5 years now, it's not unreasonable to expect a little more competency from the Senate PPT.

Nevertheless, it's very amusing to watch the Feds defend the guy whose private harassment campaign cost them an election. Falling upward is alive and well both irl and in Atlasia.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2022, 08:10:12 PM »

Did Joe Biden win the 2020 election? Did Donald Trump attempt to overturn the 2020 election? Did Donald Trump incite a mob to go and attack the Capitol to overturn the 2020 election? Did Donald Trump pressure Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election? Did the vast majority of congressional Republicans vote against finding out what really happened on 1/6?

I'm waiting....

I have literally never posted anything that has even suggested I supported 1/6.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2022, 08:22:22 PM »

I'm waiting....

Then answer the questions
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2022, 08:23:42 PM »

If you are concerned about Mr. R and Deadprez, then pass the restraints that will protect us from everyone now and in the future from abuse. That is what the constitutional amendment was for.

This is a ridiculous counter argument that acts as if my amendment only restricts laborites.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2022, 08:26:38 PM »

I'm waiting....

Why don't you answer the question. Why does "potential fears of abuse by conservatives" justify blocking the reforms that would protect us from everyone and anyone attempting to abuse the Presidency to steal an election?  You should be wanting this if you are concerned about that.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2022, 08:28:03 PM »

I'm waiting....

Yes. Not in the sense that you're implying, close elections are often contested. No. idk I wasn't there when they interacted. I don't really care, nor does any other ordinary American.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2022, 08:36:54 PM »

Pffft. We all know about Spark's antics both on and off of this forum. He's played this game for 5 years now, it's not unreasonable to expect a little more competency from the Senate PPT.

Nevertheless, it's very amusing to watch the Feds defend the guy whose private harassment campaign cost them an election. Falling upward is alive and well both irl and in Atlasia.

There’s plenty about the PPT here, nothing about what the Senate did to supposedly deserve him.

Listen, I would have been and am perfectly happy letting people litigate their issues with Spark’s administrative errors in the government board. The other half of the question in the OP is why I brought the discussion over here.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2022, 08:39:03 PM »

There’s plenty about the PPT here, nothing about what the Senate did to supposedly deserve him.
I assume Sev is just being cynical? I don't believe he's referencing any actual grievances.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2022, 08:48:50 PM »

I assume Sev is just being cynical? I don't believe he's referencing any actual grievances.

Now if only he would clarify that…

Attacks on Spark I understand and expect but Sev and others who recommended his post have, prior to the last session of Congress, displayed the capacity to be more than just cynical as Senators. Obviously if that changed because of something in the past two sessions I have a vested interest in knowing what could be changed, I did administer the chamber for a good chunk of that time after all.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2022, 08:59:53 PM »

Y’all are getting triggered over this huh, lmao

Maybe I should come back and create some actual drama worthy of crocodile tears! Sh*t has been so boring since I left…
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2022, 09:34:03 PM »

I'm waiting....

Yes. Not in the sense that you're implying, close elections are often contested. No. idk I wasn't there when they interacted. I don't really care, nor does any other ordinary American.

During his speech at the ellipse he literally said they would "walk down to the capitol."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fiT6c0MQ58

Also on the note of overturning the election: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ie9u_0g15w

He said he needed 11,000 votes (which would reverse the outcome in Georgia), and said to call it a "recalculation," even when Georgia election officials told him that he had lost.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies