2022 College Football Discussion & Pick'em Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:29:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2022 College Football Discussion & Pick'em Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54
Author Topic: 2022 College Football Discussion & Pick'em Thread  (Read 23023 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: January 01, 2023, 12:10:29 AM »

I think Georgia will win, but TCU is going to make this a competitive game.

Taking the Bulldogs here, 31-21.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1276 on: January 01, 2023, 12:25:11 AM »

This is the worst outcome. I hate Georgia and its fans so much. They deserved to lose and suffer.

Georgia beats TCU 42-3. TCU won't even be able to stand on the same field, frankly.

Bet Georgia ATS and bet them big, then. It's not like sports betting is hard to do anymore.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #1277 on: January 01, 2023, 12:30:02 AM »

National Championship Game

Monday, January 9th, 2023

#3 TCU vs #1 Georgia 7:30 PM EST ESPN

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1278 on: January 01, 2023, 12:35:51 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1279 on: January 01, 2023, 01:23:55 AM »

A last note before bed, as I'm finally winding down after the emotional rollercoaster:

Oddly, the current pick'em situation is almost identical to last year's at this point, with Illiniwek leading instead of Donerail.  I've picked up 3 games this week and trail by 2; everyone else has been eliminated.  There are 4 games left (not counting the championship) and we have different picks in 3 of them (Miss. State, Tulane, and Penn State for me; Illinois, USC and Utah for him).  The scenarios are:

If Illiniwek wins at least 2 of those 3 games, he wins the pick'em outright.

If I win 2, he clinches at least a tie, but I have a chance to tie with the championship pick (this was the scenario last year).

If I win 3, I clinch at least a tie, but he has a chance to tie with the championship.

Really regretting changing my pick in Pitt-UCLA now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1280 on: January 01, 2023, 03:02:41 AM »

So much for OH St, they are the Zags of Football, they can't win a title, just like the D party in Ohio except Browh is only holding this seat due to he got it during Katrina

They got the second choice and Lost I won't he watching the title game like I did last yr I watched it due to Stafford from GA but I am not a CA fan anymore
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1281 on: January 01, 2023, 07:28:54 AM »

Georgia
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1282 on: January 01, 2023, 09:26:39 AM »

1. I wake up knowing Ohio State was truly the best team this season with so much talent on that offense, shredding the number one defense for three quarters until they were at a deficit at the skill positions. Georgia was never too far behind but the clear #2.

2. Michigan fans griping about the officiating are acting like clowns and of course the media has no problem amplifying their voices. The first TD called back arguably should have been 'Stands as Called' no matter what is called on the field but you have 1st and Goal inside the 1. Take care of business. This is too early in the game to blame for the loss and would not be egregious if spotted so on the field.

The last play was simply not targeting. The helmet clearly did not make forcible contact from an angle showing space despite the player leading with the crown. The ball carrier was already being spun by another player and primarily contacted by the hands of the tackling assist. You're final fourth down play was garbage and nowhere close. TCU had numerous personal fouls to keep you in the game. Clearly they needed one more because they weren't skilled enough as the 6th best team in the country.

3. My expectation is Georgia will probably win by two scores because the gap between #2 and #3/4 (Bama is probably #3) is maybe a bit too large to overcome. I won't pick a side of the spread but will hold out hope that TCU can fend off what Dereich long ago predicted would become our long national nightmare.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1283 on: January 01, 2023, 02:20:46 PM »

Georgia
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1284 on: January 01, 2023, 03:41:42 PM »

I know this isn't NFL thread but Justin Fields sux OH St QB that's why Ohio St sux now they drafted players like Fields and CJ Straud
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1285 on: January 01, 2023, 06:27:16 PM »

Ohio State's field goal attempt sailed wide left at exactly midnight

💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1286 on: January 01, 2023, 08:47:08 PM »

2. Michigan fans griping about the officiating are acting like clowns and of course the media has no problem amplifying their voices. The first TD called back arguably should have been 'Stands as Called' no matter what is called on the field but you have 1st and Goal inside the 1. Take care of business. This is too early in the game to blame for the loss and would not be egregious if spotted so on the field.

I'm a Michigan fan and I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. Pretty sure every Michigan fan would openly acknowledge that the team made tons of mistakes that outweighed any calls that went against us (and of course we had multiple calls go for us). Michigan had opportunities to overcome their awful start to seal it and didn't. They earned the loss and TCU rightfully earned its opportunity to play for being National Champion. Doesn't mean that TD call was correctly decided or that the officiating was good.

The last play was simply not targeting. The helmet clearly did not make forcible contact from an angle showing space despite the player leading with the crown. The ball carrier was already being spun by another player and primarily contacted by the hands of the tackling assist.

This is insane. It was targeting. It's very unlikely to have impacted the final outcome of the game, and there's no credible argument that it somehow cheapens TCU's victory, but the defender launched himself leading with the crown of his helmet and he made contact with Loveland's helmet. That kind of hit is TBI central and it is quite literally targeting. Intent doesn't matter (just like it doesn't matter for most penalties) and even if it did unless you've been playing college football since 2012 you should know that if you lead with the crown of your helmet, you are liable for a targeting call.

You're final fourth down play was garbage and nowhere close.

This is true but it has absolutely no bearing on whether or not the penalty should have been called, and you know this.

TCU had numerous personal fouls to keep you in the game. Clearly they needed one more because they weren't skilled enough as the 6th best team in the country.

Yes both teams made mistakes and both teams were capable of exploiting the opposing team's mistakes for their advantage. The final result was a one score game. This is what happens when two evenly-matched teams play in a neutral site game. There's no credible argument to put Michigan anywhere below fifth.

Sprouts you know I'm a big fan of yours but this analysis is terrible.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1287 on: January 01, 2023, 09:52:46 PM »

A last note before bed, as I'm finally winding down after the emotional rollercoaster:

Oddly, the current pick'em situation is almost identical to last year's at this point, with Illiniwek leading instead of Donerail.  I've picked up 3 games this week and trail by 2; everyone else has been eliminated.  There are 4 games left (not counting the championship) and we have different picks in 3 of them (Miss. State, Tulane, and Penn State for me; Illinois, USC and Utah for him).  The scenarios are:

If I win 2, he clinches at least a tie, but I have a chance to tie with the championship pick (this was the scenario last year).

If I win 3, I clinch at least a tie, but he has a chance to tie with the championship.

Wow. Honestly, I'd rather have your picks than mine. I think Penn State and Mississippi State are really good picks at this point.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1288 on: January 02, 2023, 08:55:34 AM »

Georgia is clear fav
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1289 on: January 02, 2023, 10:55:09 AM »

Hypnotoad on top Frawgs by 2 touchdowns
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1290 on: January 02, 2023, 07:25:10 PM »

Wow USC choked hard, I was at the game! I was in the end zone seats, which means I got to see the muffed punt by USC at 1, the safety, and the Tulane TD!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1291 on: January 02, 2023, 07:32:07 PM »

Assuming that Georgia comfortably beats TCU, here would be my final Top 10 ballot:

If Penn State wins:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. Michigan
7. Penn State
8. Florida State
9. Washington
10. Utah

If Utah Wins:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. Michigan
7. Utah
8. Florida State
9. Washington State
10. Clemson
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1292 on: January 02, 2023, 07:52:04 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2023, 07:55:11 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Wow USC choked hard, I was at the game! I was in the end zone seats, which means I got to see the muffed punt by USC at 1, the safety, and the Tulane TD!

I gave up at the start of the fourth quarter and went for a walk with my wife, so I missed it!  Got home and couldn't believe the final score.

ETA: The very first bowl game I ever attended in person was also a Tulane upset.  We were visiting family in Memphis and my uncle got tickets to the Liberty Bowl between Tulane and Colorado.  Google says that was the 1970 game.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1293 on: January 02, 2023, 07:55:17 PM »

Assuming that Georgia comfortably beats TCU, here would be my final Top 10 ballot:

If Penn State wins:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. Michigan
7. Penn State
8. Florida State
9. Washington
10. Utah

If Utah Wins:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. Michigan
7. Utah
8. Florida State
9. Washington State
10. Clemson

Why should a team that made the national championship game fall 2 spots??
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1294 on: January 02, 2023, 07:58:21 PM »

If Penn State wins:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. Michigan
7. Penn State
8. Florida State
9. Washington
10. Utah

If Utah Wins:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Ohio State
5. TCU
6. Michigan
7. Utah
8. Florida State
9. Washington State
10. Clemson

I was wondering that too.  Even I'm not that much of an SEC homer. Wink
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1295 on: January 02, 2023, 08:40:07 PM »

POST-CHRISTMAS BOWL RESULTS

I'm flabbergasted.

18 GeorgiaModerate
15 Dereich, Terry
13 Donerail, ExtremeR, Harry
12 Illiniwek, JGibson, NY Express
11 Grumps

With a Tulane-like comeback (picking up six games to wipe out a five-game deficit), I now lead by a game.  The overall standings, with only the championship game left (376 games played):

243 GeorgiaModerate   
242 Illiniwek   
239 Dereich   
233 Terry   
232 ExtremeRepublican   
230 Donerail   
229 Harry   
213 Grumps   
210 NY Express   
209 JGibson   
144 ultraviolet   
117 CalamityBlue   
86 Thomas D   
54 Storr   
37 Ishan   
12 Orwell

I've clinched at least a tie, with Illiniwek having a chance to tie with the championship pick.  I'm sure it will surprise nobody that I'm picking Georgia.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1296 on: January 02, 2023, 08:46:41 PM »

Why is defense non-existent in college?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1297 on: January 02, 2023, 08:49:02 PM »

Tennessee should be ranked ahead of Alabama. They've earned it.

Having the same record and head-to-head win is generally enough. Maybe not 100% of the time, but in addition to that, one of Tennessee's losses was to Georgia, who is better than both of them and Alabama didn't have to play them. Also Tennessee blew out the other team that beat Alabama.

Alabama ends the season with 2 wins over teams likely to finish ranked, while Tennessee ends with 4 wins over teams likely to finish ranked.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1298 on: January 02, 2023, 08:50:06 PM »

I would assume he didn't have TCU at #3 in his ballot last week either.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1299 on: January 03, 2023, 10:15:25 AM »

Wow. Honestly, I'd rather have your picks than mine. I think Penn State and Mississippi State are really good picks at this point.

And there it is.

Well, I won't get anywhere by picking Georgia....
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies