Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:24:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim  (Read 4720 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 14, 2022, 01:05:18 PM »

Abortion is the killing of the innocent human life, regardless of the circumstances.

All innocent life ought to not be killed. If an innocent human life is killed, their ought to be an investigation and prosecution.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 01:29:09 PM »

Abortion is the killing of the innocent human life, regardless of the circumstances.

All innocent life ought to not be killed. If an innocent human life is killed, their ought to be an investigation and prosecution.

Children's bodies are not meant to give birth. The innocent life here is that of the child who was raped, not of a clump of cells. This is ghoulish.

That “clump of cells” is an innocent life.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 11:25:39 AM »

Stuff like this is why the anti-abortion extremists are some of the most repulsive people in the country. I can't even begin to imagine the state of absolute degeneracy you would have to be in to twist yourself into thinking that forcing a raped child to carry a pregnancy is the right thing to do. These are the most disgusting people American politics, by far.

A human life begins at conception. Under what circumstances it was conceived is irrelevant- just as how a born person is valuable regardless of the circumstances of how they were created, the same is true of an unborn person. And if standing up for all human lives makes me “the most disgusting person in American politics” according to DaleCooper on talkelections.org… so be it.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 01:02:20 PM »

Stuff like this is why the anti-abortion extremists are some of the most repulsive people in the country. I can't even begin to imagine the state of absolute degeneracy you would have to be in to twist yourself into thinking that forcing a raped child to carry a pregnancy is the right thing to do. These are the most disgusting people American politics, by far.

A human life begins at conception. Under what circumstances it was conceived is irrelevant- just as how a born person is valuable regardless of the circumstances of how they were created, the same is true of an unborn person. And if standing up for all human lives makes me “the most disgusting person in American politics” according to DaleCooper on talkelections.org… so be it.

If you're too dumb to figure out that an unborn life is less valuable than the life of a born child then yes you're one of the most disgusting people in American politics. Even a lot of the most rabid pro-lifers are mature enough to admit that in cases like this, but not you apparently.

Lmao, there’s no magic in the uterine lining that makes life go through some transformation in value while being born. 
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »

If you're too dumb to figure out that an unborn life is less valuable than the life of a born child then yes you're one of the most disgusting people in American politics. Even a lot of the most rabid pro-lifers are mature enough to admit that in cases like this, but not you apparently.

Lmao, there’s no magic in the uterine lining that makes life go through some transformation in value while being born. 

Is a zygote’s life just as valuable as a fully grown person?

Ascribing “value” to a life is difficult (is a murderer just as “valuable” as the person who cures cancer?) but if you’re asking me if I believe that a zygote has a right to life just like a fully grown person, the answer is yes.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 02:15:52 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2022, 03:01:52 PM by TheReckoning »

Again you are taking your personal philosophical positions and asserting them as incontrovertible fact, and then acting overdramatic when some people don't agree with you.

I literally believe innocent human beings are being murdered with absolutely no repercussions for the murderers. I think a person who believes that, and does nothing about it, is more morally dubious than someone who believes that and doesn’t do anything about it, regardless of any political issues at play.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 08:42:18 PM »

Again you are taking your personal philosophical positions and asserting them as incontrovertible fact, and then acting overdramatic when some people don't agree with you.

I literally believe innocent human beings are being murdered with absolutely no repercussions for the murderers. I think a person who believes that, and does nothing about it, is more morally dubious than someone who believes that and doesn’t do anything about it, regardless of any political issues at play.

Ferguson97 actually brought up a surprisingly good point. If you really believe this then why aren't you taking up arms and killing abortion doctors or holding pregnant women seeking an abortion hostage so that they give birth? I'm serious. If I sincerely believed that babies were being murdered next door, I like to think that I would be brave enough to go in and put a stop to it, even if it meant using lethal force. If you're going to have these stupid beliefs at least admit that you're too cowardly and pathetic to do anything about it. If your only answer to "millions of babies being torn limb from limb!" is to post on Atlas about it then you're as guilty as those Uvalde police that were playing Candy Crush while those kids got shot.

Yup.

You don’t even have to go as far as killing an abortion doctor.

If you heard your neighbor say, “I’m going to shoot my husband” and saw her walk over to him with a gun, maybe you’d try and disarm her and physically restrain her to prevent her from killing him. You’d be a hero for preventing a murder.

Now if instead the woman said, “I’m going to get an abortion” and saw her walk to her car, would you try and physically restrain her from going to the clinic so she cannot get an abortion? 

If you believe that abortion is murder, then there is no moral difference between killing your husband and getting an abortion. So why stop one murder but not the other?

Because it wouldn’t be effective. The women would call the police, I’d get put in prison for assault/kidnapping (losing the ability to vote for pro-life politicians), and then the women would get the abortion anyway, and moderates on the fence would look at me and say, “pro lifers are wackos. I’m against them.”

Basically, a similar reason to why democracies don’t invade dictatorships to liberate the populace- it will probably cause more problems than solve, just not be worth it in the end, and people are scared of the consequences.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies