Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:32:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim  (Read 4736 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: July 14, 2022, 09:34:57 AM »

Not unexpected either.

Republicans are just evil.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 09:43:56 AM »

If there's a legal reporting requirement on providers who provide abortion in cases of rape/incest, then it should be enforced.

Immoral laws should not be enforced.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 09:46:44 AM »

If there's a legal reporting requirement on providers who provide abortion in cases of rape/incest, then it should be enforced.

What is immoral about requiring abortions performed in cases of rape/incest be reported?

Why should an abortion be reported to the government?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 09:59:50 AM »

What is immoral about requiring abortions performed in cases of rape/incest be reported?

Why should an abortion be reported to the government?

In cases of rape/incest, and especially when we're talking about children.  Doctors have a responsibility to report suspected child abuse to the proper authorities. 

Report the abuse. Not the abortion.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 08:47:19 PM »

DSCC Right Now: "Hitting them on this would be too aggressive"

It's not "too aggressive" against the Republicans - they deserve far worse - but it is extremely crass and offensive to the 10-year-old girl to use her story as a campaign point.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 08:31:04 AM »

The idea that the 10 year old would have the abortion and then just go on with her life is, likely, wishful thinking.  A 10 year old is certainly not ready to RAISE a child, but what happens when that 10 year old becomes a 20 year old with the belief that she KILLED that child? 

If anyone were to try and tell this girl that she "killed her child", they are a horrible person. Full stop.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 10:54:05 AM »

Why would I take your word for it?  I would take the word of women who had been through this or something similar, and had either had an abortion or given birth. The problem is we know that women don't all respond the same way in either situation.  What do you say to the women raped at a young age who regret their abortions and those who do not regret giving birth?  

I wouldn't say anything to them, because how they feel about their pregnancy/abortion it is entirely their business.

I don't think you guys really understand the concept of "pro-choice." If a woman chooses to deliver the pregnancy, that is her prerogative. Pro-choicers don't care if a woman chooses to go through with a pregnancy.

And a 10-year-old is likely going to be traumatized by the decision regardless - whether she gives birth or gets an abortion - because she was impregnated via rape and she is 10.

The situation is inherently traumatic. We don't have a time machine to prevent the rape from happening, so the best we can do is offer girls/women a choice in how they want to proceed. 

Just use your common sense here.

Some women may be perfectly OK with their abortions. Others may regret it. Others may regret not getting an abortion. And others may be perfectly happy with their decision to give birth. No matter what, their feelings are perfectly valid.

We can't know how this little girl is going to feel 10 years from now. Maybe she'll regret it. Maybe she won't. That's up to her.

But taking away that choice from her isn't going to do anything to help her.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »

Stuff like this is why the anti-abortion extremists are some of the most repulsive people in the country. I can't even begin to imagine the state of absolute degeneracy you would have to be in to twist yourself into thinking that forcing a raped child to carry a pregnancy is the right thing to do. These are the most disgusting people American politics, by far.

A human life begins at conception. Under what circumstances it was conceived is irrelevant- just as how a born person is valuable regardless of the circumstances of how they were created, the same is true of an unborn person. And if standing up for all human lives makes me “the most disgusting person in American politics” according to DaleCooper on talkelections.org… so be it.

Again you are taking your personal philosophical positions and asserting them as incontrovertible fact, and then acting overdramatic when some people don't agree with you.

I literally believe innocent human beings are being murdered with absolutely no repercussions for the murderers. I think a person who believes that, and does nothing about it, is more morally dubious than someone who believes that and doesn’t do anything about it, regardless of any political issues at play.

Ferguson97 actually brought up a surprisingly good point. If you really believe this then why aren't you taking up arms and killing abortion doctors or holding pregnant women seeking an abortion hostage so that they give birth? I'm serious. If I sincerely believed that babies were being murdered next door, I like to think that I would be brave enough to go in and put a stop to it, even if it meant using lethal force. If you're going to have these stupid beliefs at least admit that you're too cowardly and pathetic to do anything about it. If your only answer to "millions of babies being torn limb from limb!" is to post on Atlas about it then you're as guilty as those Uvalde police that were playing Candy Crush while those kids got shot.

Yup.

You don’t even have to go as far as killing an abortion doctor.

If you heard your neighbor say, “I’m going to shoot my husband” and saw her walk over to him with a gun, maybe you’d try and disarm her and physically restrain her to prevent her from killing him. You’d be a hero for preventing a murder.

Now if instead the woman said, “I’m going to get an abortion” and saw her walk to her car, would you try and physically restrain her from going to the clinic so she cannot get an abortion? 

If you believe that abortion is murder, then there is no moral difference between killing your husband and getting an abortion. So why stop one murder but not the other?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2022, 08:44:08 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2022, 08:49:39 PM by Ferguson97 »

Because it wouldn’t be effective. The women would call the police, I’d get put in prison for assault/kidnapping (losing the ability to vote for pro-life politicians), and then the women would get the abortion anyway, and moderates on the fence would look at me and say, “pro lifers are wackos. I’m against them.”

So the only reason you wouldn’t kidnap a woman trying to get an abortion is because you think you’d probably get caught?

I can't imagine anyone being comfortable with making children (even as young as ten!) giving birth to children.  How sick can you be to live with yourself and yet hold that view?

How sick can you be to want to snuff the life of an unborn child out?  That's a fair question.  My unborn grandchild felt pain when aborted, more pain than you would accept if it were a convicted murderer dying by lethal injection.  (Yes, I can fight melodrama with melodrama.)

Do you think your daughter/daughter-in-law is a murderer? Do you think they’re going to Hell for murdering their own child? If they gave birth and smothered their newborn, would you feel differently?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies