Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:45:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim  (Read 4713 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2022, 01:28:50 PM »

If there's a legal reporting requirement on providers who provide abortion in cases of rape/incest, then it should be enforced.

Immoral laws should not be enforced.

Who decides what is immoral? By that logic Republicans won't follow any Democratic-enacted law they disagree with, Democrats won't follow any Republican-enacted law they disagree with, Libertarians and Greens won't follow any laws, and we'll have total anarchy.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2022, 01:29:09 PM »

Abortion is the killing of the innocent human life, regardless of the circumstances.

All innocent life ought to not be killed. If an innocent human life is killed, their ought to be an investigation and prosecution.

Children's bodies are not meant to give birth. The innocent life here is that of the child who was raped, not of a clump of cells. This is ghoulish.

That “clump of cells” is an innocent life.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2022, 01:30:08 PM »

Happy to be a registered independent at times like this. The party of stupid.

LMFAO

Your hero, the guy you voted for and still have under your avatar, made this possible.

How you're registered is irrelevant.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2022, 01:30:17 PM »

Abortion is the killing of the innocent human life, regardless of the circumstances.

All innocent life ought to not be killed. If an innocent human life is killed, their ought to be an investigation and prosecution.

Children's bodies are not meant to give birth. The innocent life here is that of the child who was raped, not of a clump of cells. This is ghoulish.

In your personal philosophy. That's not an indisputable fact, though, that you can expect everyone to agree with.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »

As is the 10-year-old girl who shouldn't, and doesn't want to, be pregnant. It's absolutely right for her to want to get an abortion and to get an abortion.

LMFAO

Your hero, the guy you voted for and still have under your avatar, made this possible.

As I said -

If it's the party of stupid, then a nativist xenophobe who comes up with the most idiotic 'arguments' against legal immigration would be a great fit for it, no?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2022, 01:33:15 PM »

But according to political expert Elon Musk, it's the Democrats who have become too extremist and mean!
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2022, 01:36:48 PM »

I guess it's a little classier than the Ohio AG, who, among other Republicans, first came out to say that the 10 year old was a liar. Nevertheless the long march toward a police state speeds up.
SInNYC

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2022, 01:40:15 PM »

according to your interpretation of some religion (or code if you are not religious). There is no state religion in the US or any state, at least until the supreme court reinterprets the 14th amendment.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2022, 01:41:58 PM »

If there's a legal reporting requirement on providers who provide abortion in cases of rape/incest, then it should be enforced.

Immoral laws should not be enforced.

What is immoral about requiring abortions performed in cases of rape/incest be reported?

Why should an abortion be reported to the government?

Only in cases of rape/incest, and especially when we're talking about children.  Doctors have a responsibility to report suspected child abuse to the proper authorities.  

Absolutely they do

But why should abortions be reported to the state? (making the non reporting of one an offence)

What benefit is there in reporting the abuse, but filling a separate or additional report if there's a pregnancy or termination?

Why does the state need to know this?

Wouldn't the fetus have specific DNA?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2022, 01:44:01 PM »

Are you really placing it exactly, exactly on the same level as a ten year old?

Exactly. Completely indescernible from a ten year old child?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2022, 02:01:20 PM »

So what's your plan for IVF clinics?

Couples with fertility issues get a bunch of eggs fertilized with sperm and then put them in a deep freeze. Then some get implanted and once the woman successfully gives birth to a baby, the rest of the embryos are thawed out and thrown in the garbage.

Are you going to ban IVF? Why would you support the killing of "innocent people" who are living in tiny vials in a medical lab freezer?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2022, 02:03:38 PM »

LMFAO

Trump has paid women to have abortions. I don't think he personally cares about the issue.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2022, 02:05:22 PM »

LMFAO

Trump has paid women to have abortions. I don't think he personally cares about the issue.

He appointed justices who got rid of Roe but sided with Biden on remain in Mexico. Shouldn't those be red flags that Trump's judicial appointments do not align with your views on multiple fronts?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2022, 02:31:38 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2022, 02:36:42 PM by 🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸 »

The ironic thing is this was a top national news story yet the criminal act is supposedly failure to report. I suppose if turning on the TV doesn't count.

Yes, law enforcement could have turned on the TV and heard about a case about an unnamed 10-year old girl from somewhere in Ohio. I'm sure that would have been very helpful to them in finding the rapist and making sure the girl was safe in case it hadn't been reported correctly already.

I guess it's a little classier than the Ohio AG, who, among other Republicans, first came out to say that the 10 year old was a liar. Nevertheless the long march toward a police state speeds up.

No one said the 10 year old was a liar. People have been doubting whether there was any 10 year old. The only source for the story up until the past couple days was the abortionist, and some speculated she'd have a motive to make up a story like this. The Washington Post tried to corroborate the story and came up empty. The AG said he had doubts about the story because his office had no record or evidence of it, which seemed unusual to him if it was true.  Also he said that a pregnancy of a 10 year old would be a major health risk and so abortion allowed under Ohio law.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2022, 02:35:43 PM »

The ironic thing is this was a top national news story yet the criminal act is supposedly failure to report. I suppose if turning on the TV doesn't count.

Yes, law enforcement could have turned on the TV and heard about a case without about an unnamed 10-year old girl from somewhere in Ohio. I'm sure that would have been very helpful to them in finding the offender and making sure the girl was safe in case it hadn't been reported correctly already.

No one said the 10 year old was a liar. People have been doubting whether there was any 10 year old. The only source for the story up until the past couple days was the abortionist, and some speculated she'd have a motive to make up a story like this. The Washington Post tried to corroborate the story and came up empty. The AG said he had doubts about the story because his office had no record or evidence of it, which seemed unusual to him if it was true.
This way of looking at the story makes more sense than a more black-and-white way that smacks of a comic book.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2022, 02:36:25 PM »

Are you really placing it exactly, exactly on the same level as a ten year old?

Exactly. Completely indescernible from a ten year old child?

If anything this shows cons truly see children as something less than human.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2022, 02:39:42 PM »

Has Fox News shown the name and the picture of the rapist? Of course not. There shouldn't even be any debate over this horrible story, but Republicans have become so extreme that even the most disgusting crimes are minimized for political reasons.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2022, 03:05:05 PM »

Has Fox News shown the name and the picture of the rapist? Of course not. There shouldn't even be any debate over this horrible story, but Republicans have become so extreme that even the most disgusting crimes are minimized for political reasons.

Would it change your guess over whether Fox News has shown his name and picture if I tell you the suspect is an illegal immigrant?
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2022, 03:10:40 PM »

A 10 year old is not capable of safely delivering a child. It would have been life threatening to continue the pregnancy. Unless you have the utterly deranged take that even a risk to the life of the mother doesn’t justify an abortion, nobody should be prosecuted for this.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2022, 03:11:20 PM »

I agree with your general point but they absolutely have shown his picture many times
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2022, 03:16:24 PM »

He appointed justices who got rid of Roe but sided with Biden on remain in Mexico. Shouldn't those be red flags that Trump's judicial appointments do not align with your views on multiple fronts?
Yes
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2022, 03:16:42 PM »

Usually it’s Democrats who get so caught up in their own bubble that they don’t realize how beyond the pale their beliefs are. This is sick and brutal and creepy and voters are not going to like it.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2022, 03:17:36 PM »

Yes

But you'd still rather have Trump appointments than Dem appointments, even though those Dem appointed judges would've at least sided with you on one of the two issues while Trump's appointments were wrong on both counts?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2022, 03:39:31 PM »

But you'd still rather have Trump appointments than Dem appointments, even though those Dem appointed judges would've at least sided with you on one of the two issues while Trump's appointments were wrong on both counts?
No. If democrats were better on my core issues (trade/immigration/foreign policy) I would vote for them.

This is why I'm voting for Biden if DeSantis is the nominee.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2022, 05:24:03 PM »

Are you f**king insane? This could kill the child and could leave two dead souls and a destroyed family?! I refuse to call myself pro life anymore, it’s clear the redefining I hoped for never is coming, I am not changing my stance on abortion, but I am done with identifying with…well if I said honestly I’d get modded which is insane because it’s true, and then you blue av cashiers moan like little b**he’s about mod bias but I can’t even call you what you are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies