Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:44:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim  (Read 4710 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2022, 09:22:38 PM »

The idea that the 10 year old would have the abortion and then just go on with her life is, likely, wishful thinking.  A 10 year old is certainly not ready to RAISE a child, but what happens when that 10 year old becomes a 20 year old with the belief that she KILLED that child? 

If anyone were to try and tell this girl that she "killed her child", they are a horrible person. Full stop.

People come to that idea by themselves.  People really can use their own God-given logic.  They can see an unborn child (theirs, or someone else's) and  see it as human.  They can do that without the help of the "Right Wing Noise Machine"; they can look at their unborn child, or the unborn child of another and say, "I was there once!".  And, having concluded that, they can ask themselves if the child was a human yesterday.  And the day before that.  And the day before that, etc.  That's an easy thing to do with human life that is at a stage that you were once at.

Of course, maybe you can't.  Maybe your immersion into your particular World View has neutralized a part of your basic humanity.  If that's the case, that's a shame.

Logic is not given by whatever magical sky being exists. It is something that one learns through experience.

Some of that experience involves giving an ear to logical arguments you were previously disposed against.  Thinking the whole thing through to its logical conclusion.

Get used to it mate. 'No Religion' is growing quickly.

Scripture says all of this will happen:

2 Thessalonians 2:1–3
The New King James Version
The Great Apostasy

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ band our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of 1Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

What happens happens.  I wish for all to come to Jesus and be Saved, but not all will.

Mate, the reason why 'No Religion ' is growing is because of people like you continuously spouting this kind of nonsense.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2022, 10:05:01 PM »

Because it wouldn’t be effective. The women would call the police, I’d get put in prison for assault/kidnapping (losing the ability to vote for pro-life politicians), and then the women would get the abortion anyway, and moderates on the fence would look at me and say, “pro lifers are wackos. I’m against them.”

So the only reason you wouldn’t kidnap a woman trying to get an abortion is because you think you’d probably get caught?

I can't imagine anyone being comfortable with making children (even as young as ten!) giving birth to children.  How sick can you be to live with yourself and yet hold that view?

How sick can you be to want to snuff the life of an unborn child out?  That's a fair question.  My unborn grandchild felt pain when aborted, more pain than you would accept if it were a convicted murderer dying by lethal injection.  (Yes, I can fight melodrama with melodrama.)

Do you think your daughter/daughter-in-law is a murderer? Do you think they’re going to Hell for murdering their own child? If they gave birth and smothered their newborn, would you feel differently?

The only thing people go to Hell for is rejecting the Salvation of Jesus Christ.  They choose not to believe and not to accept the only propitiation for their Sin, which is the Redemptive Work of Jesus Christ on the Cross.

I do not believe that people who have abortions (or, for that matter, abortion doctors) have murderous intent when they do what they do.  But God does consider it the taking of Innocent Human Life.  My prayer for all those that have had abortions is that they realize that God loves them and wants them to come to Christ.  My prayer for God's Church is that we be ready to minister to all that would come to him.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2022, 10:08:44 PM »

Because it wouldn’t be effective. The women would call the police, I’d get put in prison for assault/kidnapping (losing the ability to vote for pro-life politicians), and then the women would get the abortion anyway, and moderates on the fence would look at me and say, “pro lifers are wackos. I’m against them.”

So the only reason you wouldn’t kidnap a woman trying to get an abortion is because you think you’d probably get caught?

I can't imagine anyone being comfortable with making children (even as young as ten!) giving birth to children.  How sick can you be to live with yourself and yet hold that view?

How sick can you be to want to snuff the life of an unborn child out?  That's a fair question.  My unborn grandchild felt pain when aborted, more pain than you would accept if it were a convicted murderer dying by lethal injection.  (Yes, I can fight melodrama with melodrama.)

Do you think your daughter/daughter-in-law is a murderer? Do you think they’re going to Hell for murdering their own child? If they gave birth and smothered their newborn, would you feel differently?

The only thing people go to Hell for is rejecting the Salvation of Jesus Christ.  They choose not to believe and not to accept the only propitiation for their Sin, which is the Redemptive Work of Jesus Christ on the Cross.

I do not believe that people who have abortions (or, for that matter, abortion doctors) have murderous intent when they do what they do.  But God does consider it the taking of Innocent Human Life.  My prayer for all those that have had abortions is that they realize that God loves them and wants them to come to Christ.  My prayer for God's Church is that we be ready to minister to all that would come to him.

That's a dodge. Answer the question.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2022, 10:18:40 PM »

That's not a Dodge.  That's a bottom line.  If it's not good enough for you, too bad.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2022, 10:59:33 PM »

Stuff like this is why the anti-abortion extremists are some of the most repulsive people in the country. I can't even begin to imagine the state of absolute degeneracy you would have to be in to twist yourself into thinking that forcing a raped child to carry a pregnancy is the right thing to do. These are the most disgusting people American politics, by far.

A human life begins at conception. Under what circumstances it was conceived is irrelevant- just as how a born person is valuable regardless of the circumstances of how they were created, the same is true of an unborn person. And if standing up for all human lives makes me “the most disgusting person in American politics” according to DaleCooper on talkelections.org… so be it.

Again you are taking your personal philosophical positions and asserting them as incontrovertible fact, and then acting overdramatic when some people don't agree with you.

I literally believe innocent human beings are being murdered with absolutely no repercussions for the murderers. I think a person who believes that, and does nothing about it, is more morally dubious than someone who believes that and doesn’t do anything about it, regardless of any political issues at play.

Ferguson97 actually brought up a surprisingly good point. If you really believe this then why aren't you taking up arms and killing abortion doctors or holding pregnant women seeking an abortion hostage so that they give birth? I'm serious. If I sincerely believed that babies were being murdered next door, I like to think that I would be brave enough to go in and put a stop to it, even if it meant using lethal force. If you're going to have these stupid beliefs at least admit that you're too cowardly and pathetic to do anything about it. If your only answer to "millions of babies being torn limb from limb!" is to post on Atlas about it then you're as guilty as those Uvalde police that were playing Candy Crush while those kids got shot.

Why aren't you in Tijuana right now playing superhero against the human traffickers?

Because I would probably get blown away by a guy with an AK47 before I got anywhere near the place, and it requires travel. And also, I'll just admit this, I'm not selfless enough to try and play superhero in a situation that distant from me.

But an abortion doctor is likely unarmed and unless you live in an area with few or no clinics, he's within easy reach. If you sincerely believe that a guy is murdering babies every day right down the street, then you should go put a stop to it, unless you value to the fetus life less than you would if it was someone who's actually been born.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2022, 11:00:51 PM »

1. Why is "Innocent Human Life" capitalized?

2. There's no mention of that in the Bible so how do you know with such certainty that God considers this to be true? 
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2022, 11:19:23 PM »

That's not a Dodge.  That's a bottom line.  If it's not good enough for you, too bad.

When someone asks a yes or no question, refusing to directly answer yes or no is a dodge.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2022, 02:42:23 AM »

Stuff like this is why the anti-abortion extremists are some of the most repulsive people in the country. I can't even begin to imagine the state of absolute degeneracy you would have to be in to twist yourself into thinking that forcing a raped child to carry a pregnancy is the right thing to do. These are the most disgusting people American politics, by far.

A human life begins at conception. Under what circumstances it was conceived is irrelevant- just as how a born person is valuable regardless of the circumstances of how they were created, the same is true of an unborn person. And if standing up for all human lives makes me “the most disgusting person in American politics” according to DaleCooper on talkelections.org… so be it.

Again you are taking your personal philosophical positions and asserting them as incontrovertible fact, and then acting overdramatic when some people don't agree with you.

I literally believe innocent human beings are being murdered with absolutely no repercussions for the murderers. I think a person who believes that, and does nothing about it, is more morally dubious than someone who believes that and doesn’t do anything about it, regardless of any political issues at play.

Ferguson97 actually brought up a surprisingly good point. If you really believe this then why aren't you taking up arms and killing abortion doctors or holding pregnant women seeking an abortion hostage so that they give birth? I'm serious. If I sincerely believed that babies were being murdered next door, I like to think that I would be brave enough to go in and put a stop to it, even if it meant using lethal force. If you're going to have these stupid beliefs at least admit that you're too cowardly and pathetic to do anything about it. If your only answer to "millions of babies being torn limb from limb!" is to post on Atlas about it then you're as guilty as those Uvalde police that were playing Candy Crush while those kids got shot.

Yup.

You don’t even have to go as far as killing an abortion doctor.

If you heard your neighbor say, “I’m going to shoot my husband” and saw her walk over to him with a gun, maybe you’d try and disarm her and physically restrain her to prevent her from killing him. You’d be a hero for preventing a murder.

Now if instead the woman said, “I’m going to get an abortion” and saw her walk to her car, would you try and physically restrain her from going to the clinic so she cannot get an abortion? 

If you believe that abortion is murder, then there is no moral difference between killing your husband and getting an abortion. So why stop one murder but not the other?

Basically, a similar reason to why democracies don’t invade dictatorships to liberate the populace- it will probably cause more problems than solve, just not be worth it in the end, and people are scared of the consequences.

this is really just a remarkable sentence
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2022, 11:15:10 AM »

When someone asks a yes or no question, refusing to directly answer yes or no is a dodge.

His answer seemed pretty clear to me.  He wrote:

"The only thing people go to Hell for is rejecting the Salvation of Jesus Christ."

Therefore, even though he does think that abortion is murder, he doesn't think murder on its own makes someone go to Hell.

He also wrote:

"I do not believe that people who have abortions (or, for that matter, abortion doctors) have murderous intent when they do what they do."

So in terms of moral judgment, he doesn't think that the people having abortions know what they're doing is wrong, and so he's not going to think of them the same way he does someone who knows that they're doing something wrong.  But even if they did, it sounds like he doesn't think that would be enough to merit going to Hell.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2022, 11:29:14 AM »

"The only thing people go to Hell for is rejecting the Salvation of Jesus Christ."

Therefore, even though he does think that abortion is murder, he doesn't think murder on its own makes someone go to Hell.

He also wrote:

"I do not believe that people who have abortions (or, for that matter, abortion doctors) have murderous intent when they do what they do."

So in terms of moral judgment, he doesn't think that the people having abortions know what they're doing is wrong, and so he's not going to think of them the same way he does someone who knows that they're doing something wrong.  But even if they did, it sounds like he doesn't think that would be enough to merit going to Hell.

Does not believing that abortion is murder imply you don’t believe in Jesus, though?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2022, 11:34:34 AM »

He also wrote:

Does not believing that abortion is murder imply you don’t believe in Jesus, though?

It's the crux of evangelicalism and why it's such an American thing. You can do whatever you want and be as evil you want but as long as you accept Jesus as our savior you're saved. It's part of why they have such animosity with Catholics who believe in needing to actually be good and do good deeds. So forcing children to give birth is nothing, because he's saved.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies