GA-SEN (AARP): Warnock +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:00:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA-SEN (AARP): Warnock +3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-SEN (AARP): Warnock +3  (Read 641 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2022, 08:19:56 AM »

July 5-11

Warnock (D) 50%
Walker (R) 47%

Favorabilities:
Warnock: 47/47 (=)
Walker: 41/49 (-8)

Warnock approval: 45/46 (-1)

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22087157-aarp-2022-state-survey
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 08:22:35 AM »

Polling continues to show major Kemp/Walker divergence.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 08:38:40 AM »

Great poll
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 08:44:46 AM »

This poll may be a bit favorable to Warnock. The sample is Biden +2, when we all know that Biden only won Georgia by about one-fourth of one percent. This is definitely going to a runoff.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 08:48:00 AM »

This poll may be a bit favorable to Warnock. The sample is Biden +2, when we all know that Biden only won Georgia by about one-fourth of one percent. This is definitely going to a runoff.
Yeah, a runoff in which Warnock is likely favored!
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 08:58:10 AM »

Yeah, a runoff in which Warnock is likely favored!

Given 2020-21, I would say this depends on whether senate control is already known.  If Republicans have already flipped the chamber, I would expect Warnock to be clearly favored. 
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 09:06:08 AM »

Warnock-mentum!
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 11:24:20 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2022, 11:31:56 AM by Devils30 »

An R+3 GCB in Georgia suggests a tied GCB nationally. GA was R+4 relative to the popular vote in 2020 and maybe give it a 1% Dem trend for the 2 years between elections.

Georgia's ultra-low elasticity helped Republicans in 2018, perhaps it helps Dems going forward.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 12:58:17 PM »

Very plausible topline in both races.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 01:01:08 PM »

An R+3 GCB in Georgia suggests a tied GCB nationally. GA was R+4 relative to the popular vote in 2020 and maybe give it a 1% Dem trend for the 2 years between elections.

Georgia's ultra-low elasticity helped Republicans in 2018, perhaps it helps Dems going forward.
It almost certainly will, unless the state's extremely consistent pro-Dem trend just stops for some reason (and the state has a history of being driven by demographic shifts of particularly solid voters).
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 01:39:03 PM »

Warnock will win and Abrams will lose.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2022, 02:16:33 PM »

Tilt Democratic.

The question is just how much Warnock outruns Abrams at this point. If Warnock really wins this one and my more than last time, he'll definitely be floated as future presidential/vice presidential material.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 02:18:22 PM »

Tilt Democratic.

The question is just how much Warnock outruns Abrams at this point. If Warnock really wins this one and my more than last time, he'll definitely be floated as future presidential/vice presidential material.
The gubernatorial is Tossup with slight Abrams advantage if I had to guess, and the Senate race is Tilt D. Both are winnable for Rs but the chances they have to overcome the state's demographics is likely to get worse and worse over time.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 02:26:45 PM »

Tilt Democratic.

The gubernatorial is Tossup with slight Abrams advantage if I had to guess, and the Senate race is Tilt D. Both are winnable for Rs but the chances they have to overcome the state's demographics is likely to get worse and worse over time.

I'd rate the gubernatorial election as Lean Republican. I think Kemp is going to win by four or five points.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2022, 02:27:02 PM »

Good poll for Walker honestly given how bad of a candidate he appears to be. This continues to look like tilt Warnock and strong lean Kemp. The best he can hope for is staying within the margin of error and have a pure distrust of democrats carry him across the finish line. It would also help if black turnout is slightly low, which is possible given that Warnock/Abrams are turning out to be that inspiring, along with Walker himself being black and Kemp not being a boogeyman.

I don’t think Kemp can carry Walker on his coattails because his voters are the ones already answering the polls. He doesn’t have a huge hidden vote that will turn out and also vote Walker
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 02:30:08 PM »

Tilt Democratic.

I'd rate the gubernatorial election as Lean Republican. I think Kemp is going to win by four or five points.
Four or five point win for Kemp sounds hard in a state with such an iron-clad D base, but we shall see in November. It's unclear how much this seeming weakness of the Abrams position will actually matter come Election Day. I'm not very confident either way about it.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2022, 11:52:20 AM »

Good poll for Warnock again, reinforces his status as slight favorite.

While a Kemp/Warnock outcome is the most likely as of today, I expect the margins to slightly narrow as we get closer to the election unless the overall dynamics change here. I just struggle to imagine these races being 10 pts. apart. Something like Kemp +4 vs. Warnock +1 as final result is far more plausible, imho.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies