When will the 13% or so of undecided voters start to make their move?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:46:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  When will the 13% or so of undecided voters start to make their move?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will the 13% or so of undecided voters start to make their move?  (Read 513 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2022, 12:22:47 PM »

It’s the number one question we all need to be asking

Either poop or get off the pot
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 01:18:06 PM »

I think we’ll see around Labor Day when these continually undecided voters begin to make up their minds. After Labor Day, polls will slowly have less and less undecided.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 04:28:36 PM »

Most probably already have, honestly.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 11:05:47 PM »

I feel like there's a culture of people who are "open-minded" but inevitably going to vote one way, and it's kind of annoying. It's ok if you're not truly a swing voter, and claiming to be a swing voter and evaluating voth sides carefully doesn't inherenly make you morally superior.

As long as you are voting for what you genuinely believe is right and hopefully well informed, that's what matters.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 08:04:45 AM »

I feel like there's a culture of people who are "open-minded" but inevitably going to vote one way, and it's kind of annoying. It's ok if you're not truly a swing voter, and claiming to be a swing voter and evaluating voth sides carefully doesn't inherenly make you morally superior.

As long as you are voting for what you genuinely believe is right and hopefully well informed, that's what matters.

Thank you for making this point, this is an incredibly annoying culture. I’d say the majority of the people you described tend to identify as moderates, without any lean. In reality, they usually prefer one party over the other with the exception of like 1-2 issues so they claim to be open to “nice” crossover appeal but never actually cross over. In other cases, they have a bunch of different incoherent (often still extreme) views so they declare both parties as “bad” and always write in a stupid candidate. Like no, it doesn’t make you smarter and more ethical just because your Isidewith score adds up to close to 0 and doesn’t exactly agree with either of the major parties

I would consider this different from actual moderation, where you are able to empathize with different perspectives on any given issue and possibly even come up with productive solutions
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 09:51:56 AM »

They are now making their move towards the D's the Congress CGB is 41/40 they're not R voters they are swing voters in the suburbs

Matty doesn't know that Insurrectionists commission is having a damaging effect on R brand name he thinks that's it's a typical midterm, Paul Ryan cried during the Insurrectionists, he said R blew a Golden chance to win a 2010 style midterm
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 10:12:36 AM »

Thank you for making this point, this is an incredibly annoying culture. I’d say the majority of the people you described tend to identify as moderates, without any lean. In reality, they usually prefer one party over the other with the exception of like 1-2 issues so they claim to be open to “nice” crossover appeal but never actually cross over. In other cases, they have a bunch of different incoherent (often still extreme) views so they declare both parties as “bad” and always write in a stupid candidate. Like no, it doesn’t make you smarter and more ethical just because your Isidewith score adds up to close to 0 and doesn’t exactly agree with either of the major parties

I would consider this different from actual moderation, where you are able to empathize with different perspectives on any given issue and possibly even come up with productive solutions

We see this with Senators too, and it's part of what gets me really annoyed about Sinema. Being moderate is fine, but she needs to actually present alternative solutions that can get Republicans on board which she really hasn't been able to do so far. Also, this perfectly describes poor Susan Collins who got scammed by Kavanaugh apparently.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 02:56:45 PM »

They are just embarrassed traitors. They know what they are doing is stupid and wrong but they want to do it anyways. That’s why the GCB doesn’t match Biden’s approval.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 03:02:23 PM »

This. And I guess 80-90% of them are voting Republican in the end. This is why polls will be off again and why Democrats shouldn't get too exited over polls showing their candidate ahead with a vote share of less than 49%.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 04:46:59 PM »

They are just embarrassed traitors. They know what they are doing is stupid and wrong but they want to do it anyways. That’s why the GCB doesn’t match Biden’s approval.

This. So much this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies