Rate GA-GOV
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 01:01:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate GA-GOV
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Your rating?
Safe Kemp

Likely Kemp

Lean Kemp

Tilt Kemp

Tilt D

Lean D

Likely D

Safe D

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Rate GA-GOV  (Read 1467 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2022, 01:37:46 PM »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/governor/ga/georgia_governor_kemp_vs_abrams-7538.html#polls
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 02:39:02 PM »

Lean R, Abrams has proven to be the O'Rourke of GA: got Democrats excited in 2018, but has totally gone off the deep end.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 02:44:14 PM »

Lean R, one of the three Biden state Republicans that I'm convinced will stay R in November
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »

Lean Kemp.  But I'm curious: why did you label the options as Safe/Likely/Lean/Tilt Kemp, and Safe/Likely/Lean/Tilt D?  The Democratic nominee has already been selected.  It would have made more sense to do either "Kemp" and "Abrams", or "R" and "D".
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 07:08:07 PM »

Lean R, closer to Likely than Tossup.

It's clear that there will be a significant number of Kemp-Warnock voters.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 07:31:18 PM »

Will definitely happen in suburban Atlanta--which makes the difference for Warnock.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 10:14:25 PM »

Will definitely happen in suburban Atlanta--which makes the difference for Warnock.

Prolly only in Cobb and North Fulton county. I expect Abrams and Warnock to win Gwinett by nearly identical margins. Only place I could see Abrams very very slightly outrunning Warnock would be in heavily African American parts of the Atlanta metro as she's prolly more of the turnout machine on the ticket and you could ahve a few people who just vote for Walker cause they recognize his name.

But ye, it's much easier to see a Warnock - Kemp voter than Abrams - Walker voters.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 01:17:36 AM »

I'm gonna be bold and say Tilt Kemp. I don't think Abrams is nearly as strong as Warnock, but I also think she is pretty severely underrated on this forum, and Georgia is also a pretty polarized state to the point where I struggle to see an insane difference between how the two candidates perform. Sure, those points are going to give Warnock a chance if Abrams has none, and they'll give him a cushion if GOV is a squeaker, but it's not enough to bridge the gap between Tilt and Likely, or even Tilt and Lean imo.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 03:34:17 AM »

It Leans D it's a Runoff anyways Kemp must get 50% and with Warnock on ballot this time I don't see Kemp avoiding the Runoff and the Runoff is in Jan plenty of time for D's to GOTV
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 11:35:13 AM »

Lean R.

I expect Kemp win by mid single digits.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 11:57:58 AM »

It's not even Labor Day yet and some users are declaring the Election over it's not we still gotta vote
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 12:09:13 PM »

Lean R, Abrams has proven to be the O'Rourke of GA: got Democrats excited in 2018, but has totally gone off the deep end.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 12:10:49 PM »

Kemp 53/44 over Abrams
Ryan 43(34 Same 9 pt lead

Ryan has the same 9 pt lead as Kemp and users are declaring that falsehood but Kemp has a 9  pt lead it's truth lol plse we still gotta vote
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 01:04:43 PM »

Safe Kemp, Republicans are just going to rig the election again.

Shameful how democrats are dropping the most promising Democratic contender of the new generation. Abrams is literally running the best campaign ever done and, on account of her being black and outspoken, Democrats don’t like her. When a Stalinist t-34sexual is the only one who sees reality in the genius of some boogie randroid, you know peoples priorities ain’t right.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2022, 02:54:55 PM »

Shameful how democrats are dropping the most promising Democratic contender of the new generation. Abrams is literally running the best campaign ever done and, on account of her being black and outspoken, Democrats don’t like her. When a Stalinist t-34sexual is the only one who sees reality in the genius of some boogie randroid, you know peoples priorities ain’t right.

Kemp doesn't have to rig this, he's favored regardless.

I'd rate it Lean Republican. My prediction would be Kemp wins With 51-52% of the vote compared to Abrams' 46-47%.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 02:56:07 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2022, 03:10:17 PM by Politician »

Why nobody listens to Democrats about January 6th in a nutshell

Besides, why didn't Republicans rig the 2020 presidential election in GA? Why didn't they rig the two Senate races when control was at stake?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2022, 03:00:56 PM »

Lean R, closer to Tilt than Likely

Abrams still has a chance to win, but her path is narrow, and probably requires avoiding a runoff (which will favor the incumbent-the same is probably true in the Senate race, especially with Herschel Walker being the Republican nominee there), Warnock avoiding a runoff in the Senate race (not likely), and Georgia voting significantly to the left of the nation (also unlikely. Even the Warnock win I'm predicting is more of a reflection on Walker as a candidate than on the political climate).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2022, 05:24:34 PM »

Lean R, though close to Likely. Kinda shows how low the bar is for a Republican to be considered “moderate.”
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2022, 05:31:09 PM »

Lean R, though close to Likely. Kinda shows how low the bar is for a Republican to be considered “moderate.”

It's not Labor Day and it's a Runoff state Kemp has the same  9 pt lead as Ryan has on Vance
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2022, 05:33:51 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2022, 07:33:53 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Please don't preemptively claim that an election will be rigged.  It makes you sound like a Republican.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2022, 06:09:25 PM »

Likely Kemp in practice. Kemp's got a consistent lead in the polls and the MAGA crazies will stay in line for the most part (I doubt we'll see some massive number of them stay home because Trump's not on the ballot). Now if Perdue had won things could've been competitive, but I expect Kemp to win by 5 points or so. (That's in sharp contrast to the Senate race, where I'd say Walker's impending implosion will mean that Warnock ultimately wins, possibly by even more than last year.)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2022, 06:13:23 PM »

Prolly only in Cobb and North Fulton county. I expect Abrams and Warnock to win Gwinett by nearly identical margins. Only place I could see Abrams very very slightly outrunning Warnock would be in heavily African American parts of the Atlanta metro as she's prolly more of the turnout machine on the ticket and you could ahve a few people who just vote for Walker cause they recognize his name.

But ye, it's much easier to see a Warnock - Kemp voter than Abrams - Walker voters.

I disagree. Candidate quality does matter. Kemp is relatively sane, while Walker is totally crazy. I anticipate Warnock to outrun Abrams by at least 5 points, and very possibly even more. In places like Gwinnett County, my guess is the outperformance is similar (so roughly 5 points).
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2022, 10:36:30 PM »

Lean Kemp. Kemp seems to have thoroughly established himself in Georgia conservative and MAGA circles. He seems like he’d do quite good with independents. Abrams campaign doesn’t seem to be on the same tier as her 2018 campaign. I’m expecting a 4 point victory for Kemp.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2022, 02:41:57 AM »

Lean Kemp. Kemp seems to have thoroughly established himself in Georgia conservative and MAGA circles. He seems like he’d do quite good with independents. Abrams campaign doesn’t seem to be on the same tier as her 2018 campaign. I’m expecting a 4 point victory for Kemp.

Kemp has the same mine pt lead as Ryan has on Vance Kemp 53/44 and Ryan 43/34 it'a not Labor Day yet let's wait for a poll after Labor Day, it's a Runoff state anyways
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2022, 05:46:21 AM »

Likely R
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length