The modern right in a nutshell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:24:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The modern right in a nutshell
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The modern right in a nutshell  (Read 1246 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2022, 06:40:15 AM »
« edited: July 11, 2022, 07:31:50 AM by Samof94 »

These are the priorities of social conservatives like this failed Georgia GOP candidate who couldn’t even win a primary. This is the modern right boiled down into one sentence. Obviously, they care only about evangelicals(and hard right Catholics), letting any white person own a gun, and fetuses.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 01:49:20 PM »

Kandiss Taylor lost by 70 pts, dude
satsuma
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -2.61

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 08:28:52 PM »

In terms of many Christian conservatives' priorities, sure. In practice, Jesus doesn't directly come up much in politics and it's missing some planks that do come up.

God has been acting on Kandiss Taylor's platform a lot recently

First, it was the abortion ruling - Babies
It was the 2nd amendment ruling - Guns
Then the religious freedom rulings - Jesus

And now the Georgia Guidestones have been blown up

That's a strong record of wins despite not doing any of it herself. And it's hard to feel too bad about 3rd behind the incumbent governor and the recent 1-term senator, especially now that the liberals are making her famous.

I don't think she lost because the voters don't care about these topics but because of the high-profile race between other people. People who seem unqualified or unprofessional immediately reaching for offices much higher than school board and generally trying to run on conspiracy theory is the part that annoys me.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 02:25:18 AM »

This isn't good of an own to the other thread.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 06:16:21 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2022, 02:52:42 PM by Йинзер »

"Lady who couldn't win a primary for the nomination of America's main right-wing party is a perfect representative of the American right."
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 06:31:00 AM »

"Lady who couldn't win a primary for the nomination of America's main right-wing party is a perfect representative of the American right."
I don’t mean literally, but many successful politicians have her views. They just aren’t as crazy as her.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 09:47:28 AM »

I don’t mean literally, but many successful politicians have her views. They just aren’t as crazy as her.

You believing something doesn’t make it true LOL
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2022, 10:22:45 AM »

You know, I'm not sure I even understand what the "gotcha" is supposed to be here. This just seems to a shorthand way of saying she opposes gun control, is pro-life on abortion, and supports "Christian values" in general. Haven't all of these been mainstream Republican positions for decades?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 01:06:13 PM »

You know, I'm not sure I even understand what the "gotcha" is supposed to be here. This just seems to a shorthand way of saying she opposes gun control, is pro-life on abortion, and supports "Christian values" in general. Haven't all of these been mainstream Republican positions for decades?

Yes, it's been mainstream since at least the '80s and while Goldwater was personally pro-choice and not a Christian, he pandered to them and deserves the credit for creating what would become the GOP of the 6th party system, whether it was intentional or not. What's changed is that the GOP has gone from an internationalist to a nationalist perspective under Trump and has currently attacked the global institutions they previously championed around for years, which itself was a successor to the imperialist and moralist movements of the late 19th/early 20th century. The modern right is more on the lines of "America is a Christian country and we must defeat the globalists trying to destroy it" verses "America is a Christian county and  we must spread our ideals around the world". The modern right in a nutshell is better represented by someone like MTG, verses OP's example as one could've easily campaigned on that 30 years earlier without controversy.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2022, 02:06:54 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2022, 05:37:39 PM by Meclazine »

It should read

Jesus
Guns
Babies
Chocolate Cheesecake
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2022, 09:07:48 PM »

"Jesus Guns Babies" isn't a sentence

It should read

Jesus
Guns
Babies
Chocolate Cheesecake

Damn, I think I would have been able to overlook the first three and gotten on board then.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2022, 08:05:05 PM »

These are the priorities of social conservatives like this failed Georgia GOP candidate who couldn’t even win a primary. This is the modern right boiled down into one sentence. Obviously, they care only about evangelicals(and hard right Catholics), letting any white person own a gun, and fetuses.

Did this woman say that she wants to allow ONLY white people to own a gun? Have you ever heard any two politically conservative people say they wanted to allow ONLY white people to own guns? Would you say it is ONLY the "modern right" that hold the view that nonwhites should not be allowed to own guns?

Did you make this up because you assumed that all conservative people are that racist?
Are you contributing to the political quagmire of hateful, prejudiced misinformation being spread in modern American politics? Are you consciously aware that you are a demagogue too?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 10:43:17 PM »

If a crow wanted to open a nutshell, they could take the nut and place it on the road for that bus to run over.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies