Sri Lanka in position to be able to stop all gasoline usage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:40:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sri Lanka in position to be able to stop all gasoline usage
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sri Lanka in position to be able to stop all gasoline usage  (Read 658 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2022, 10:21:21 PM »

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/4/with-no-fuel-and-no-cash-sri-lanka-grinds-to-a-halt

Sri Lanka has less than a day’s worth of fuel left, the energy minister says, with public transport grinding to a halt as the country’s economic crisis deepens.

Power and energy minister Kanchana Wijesekera on Sunday said petrol reserves were about 4,000 tonnes, just below one day’s worth of consumption, as queues snaked through the main city of Colombo for kilometres.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 11:14:24 PM »

The clown show in Equador and the example here shows that a conservative government is always destined for decay.

This is leagues worse than what happened in Lebanon, and the state of Sri Lanka can’t bail itself out with an election to cool down feelings and give the illusion of change long enough for people to go back to scraping by. Unless India or China comes and bails them out with money and boots on the ground, there’s going to be a revolution.

The Rajapaska clan has destroyed any sort of future the people have and have angered most of the middle class and even foreign multinationals into open opposition against the current state of things. May they be dealt with soon to stop harming the island any further.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 11:50:26 PM »

previous thread
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 06:48:56 AM »

Great. They should take up Electric Vehicles sooner as a result.

I wonder how long it will take before Electric Vehicles will be cheap enough for everyone?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 09:18:53 AM »

The clown show in Equador and the example here shows that a conservative government is always destined for decay.

This is leagues worse than what happened in Lebanon, and the state of Sri Lanka can’t bail itself out with an election to cool down feelings and give the illusion of change long enough for people to go back to scraping by. Unless India or China comes and bails them out with money and boots on the ground, there’s going to be a revolution.

India has previous in doing that, of course. Though they may well want the current gang gone too.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 11:45:49 AM »

Reading the headline, I thought it meant that the nation had gone all electric. Alas, that appears not to be the case.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 12:22:38 PM »

I wonder if this is a coincidence. Someone from Sri Lanka is now viewing one of my old fanfictions.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 12:45:15 PM »

Reading the headline, I thought it meant that the nation had gone all electric. Alas, that appears not to be the case.

Thats the joke.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 03:12:14 PM »

Watch this video and read the comments. This situation is f**king tragic. The people of the developed world should demand we help places like this, even if it costs us some of our own standard of living.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2022, 10:34:03 AM »

Watch this video and read the comments. This situation is f**king tragic. The people of the developed world should demand we help places like this, even if it costs us some of our own standard of living.

Unless we run the place we can’t really help, if we tried to send money the people in charge would just pocket the money.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies