The New Campaign Trail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:32:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The New Campaign Trail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]
Author Topic: The New Campaign Trail  (Read 50515 times)
BigVic
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: April 13, 2024, 07:17:23 PM »

Biden 2020 minus GA. AZ was the closest state

Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #576 on: April 15, 2024, 07:12:07 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2024, 11:18:39 PM by Independents for George Santos »

In honor of the upcoming release of W.5 Final Mix, decided to take the fight to ol' Chappaquiddick Teddy while invading both Afghanistan and Iraq, and managed a fairly comfortable Electoral College win. Still barely lost the popular vote though, and barely any state voted above 50% for either candidate thanks to a pair of oddly successful third parties each appealing to different demographics (John Anderson and Jesse Ventura). It's a poisoned chalice, of course - if you lose to Ted with two wars going on, apparently Bush roars back in '08 with a vengeance. God help us all - but this universe produces a better version of the movie Vice with Christian Bale so maybe it's worth it.

Bush/Frist - 324 EV - 56,718,355 PV (46.5%)
Kennedy/Barnes - 214 EV - 56,789,712 PV (46.5%)
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #577 on: April 17, 2024, 05:37:25 PM »

Decided to try the 1992 Redux mod playing as Bill Clinton with Bob Graham (who passed away yesterday at the age of 87) as his running mate. I largely played it similar to real life (though Graham did get trounced by Dan Quayle in the Vice-Presidential debate).

The Clinton/Graham ticket ended up winning (California put me over the top), though in the Electoral College it was much closer than real life (Bush won Ohio {in real life, the state that put Clinton over the top} while winning Louisiana by about 2000 votes. Clinton in this scenario won Montana by 297 votes).

Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #578 on: April 20, 2024, 09:23:29 PM »

1964 VK as Pro-Civil Rights Kennedy
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #579 on: April 21, 2024, 01:37:34 PM »

Results of when I tried the Gary Hart mod as Hart with Dale Bumpers as my running mate.

While Hart did a lot better than Dukakis in real life, in the end George H.W. Bush still won by a fairly comfortable margin (notably Hart carried Arkansas while narrowly losing his home state of Colorado).

Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #580 on: April 22, 2024, 06:44:36 PM »

In honor of the upcoming release of W.5 Final Mix, decided to take the fight to ol' Chappaquiddick Teddy while invading both Afghanistan and Iraq, and managed a fairly comfortable Electoral College win. Still barely lost the popular vote though, and barely any state voted above 50% for either candidate thanks to a pair of oddly successful third parties each appealing to different demographics (John Anderson and Jesse Ventura). It's a poisoned chalice, of course - if you lose to Ted with two wars going on, apparently Bush roars back in '08 with a vengeance. God help us all - but this universe produces a better version of the movie Vice with Christian Bale so maybe it's worth it.

There is a version where you control the war?
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #581 on: April 22, 2024, 06:53:57 PM »

There is a version where you control the war?
Oh yeah. I think it's only on Campaign Trail Showcase, the mod is called 𝚆. The premise is that 9/11 didn't happen, and it has choose-your-own-adventure elements at least on par with the Nixon Peace With Honor mod. It's probably my favourite scenario, and they're adding a sort of Director's Cut with new questions and candidates on Sunday I believe. It's probably my favourite scenario.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #582 on: April 24, 2024, 07:03:15 PM »

W was added to the main New Campaign Trail around Yuletide 2023.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies