The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:04:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Gathering Storm, Redux - Gameplay Thread (WW2 - Early 1940)  (Read 25204 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2023, 04:29:43 PM »

Canadian-Italian Nonaggression Pact

1. The Dominion of Canada and the Kingdom of Italy agree to enter a five-year period of nonaggression. This shall include avoiding direct ground, air, and naval combat. This shall not including providing arms, humanitarian assistance, or logistic supports to potential combatants.
2. The Dominion of Canada and the Kingdom of Italy agree that commercial shipping lanes in the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea must be preserved regardless of any ongoing or potential conflicts.
3. The Dominion of Canada and the Kingdom of Italy commit to providing safe harbor to refugees and displaced peoples as a result of conflict in Europe, pursuant to specific national statutes.
4. The Dominion of Canada and the Kingdom of Italy shall avoid engaging in espionage or subversive actions against each other.
5. Either signatory may terminate this Pact unilaterally by submitting a letter to the other signatory.

x
RB Bennett
Prime Minister
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2023, 06:32:04 AM »

The Prime Minister shall introduce the Emergencies and Disasters Act at the next sitting of the Parliament. The Emergencies and Disaster Act replaces the War Measures Act of 1914.

The Emergencies and Disasters Act
1. The Prime Minister may, with the advice of the Cabinet and the consent of the Governor General, declare that an emergency or disaster exists in the Dominion.
2. During a period of emergency or disaster the Cabinet may for the common defense make such orders and regulations as they may deem necessary or advisable for the security, peace, order and welfare of the Dominion.
3. A declaration of an emergency or disaster may last for so long as there is a clear and present danger or threat to the security, peace, and welfare of the Dominion. Each six months the Prime Minister must reaffirm that the emergency or disaster is still present.
3.a. If an emergency or disaster exists for more than a year, the House of Commons and the Senate must vote to approve the continuation of the invocation of this Act. If the House of Commons or the Senate fail to approve the continuation, the Prime Minister must end the declaration of an emergency or disaster within six months.
3.b. The House of Commons and the Senate must vote to approve the continuation of the invocation of this Act each year thereafter.
4. Following the end of the emergency or disaster, the Prime Minister shall report to the House of Commons on the invocation of this Act and the House of Commons may pass a resolution declaring whether or not the invocation of this Act was appropriate.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2023, 10:14:21 AM »

The Minister of National Defence is authorized to organize a Company of Canadian volunteers seeking to support the democratic government of France in combat in Europe. The Minister shall organize the company in Ottawa as the First Canadian Volunteer Company, provide surplus armaments, munitions, and rations, and coordinate the safe travel of the Company to Europe, where command of the Company will be transferred to the appropriate commanders in the French Army.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2023, 05:48:55 AM »

The Prime Minister shall introduce a resolution in the House of Commons declaring war on the German Reich. The Prime Minister will whip all Conservatives to vote “aye” and will give an impassioned speech  on the floor urging all MPs to support the motion, in order to show that the Dominion of Canada stands with the free peoples of Europe, the basic principles of liberal democratic governance, and human rights. The Prime Minister will assail the German government as a recast of the Kaiser’s puppets from the Great War, and call on Canadians to remember the sacrifices they and their fathers made during the Great War. He will argue that to allow the Reich’s war of aggression to continue unchecked would be to disrespect that memory. The Prime Minister will also reiterate his campaign pledge that no Canadian citizen will be conscripted or forced to participate in the war effort. He will say that any effort to introduce conscription would be a violation of his electoral mandate and be grounds for a motion of no confidence.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2023, 08:01:03 PM »

The Prime Minister will introduce a motion in the House of Commons withdrawing Canada from the League of Nations. The Prime Minister will lambast the League of Nations as unfit for purpose, citing the inability of the League to act on matters of grave international security. He will argue that Canada remaining in the League is a mockery to Canada’s global standing, as well as tying Canada’s hands in its ability to respond to its own security matters. The Prime Minister will argue that he has tried to reform the League from within and the body is structurally unable to function or even consider necessary reforms.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2023, 08:27:22 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2023, 08:53:44 AM by DKrol »

The Prime Minister will introduce a resolution amending the statute of the Canadian Wheat Board.

Canadian Wheat Board (Amendment) Act of 1939
1. The Canadian Wheat Board is reconstituted as the Canadian Grain Board.
2. The Canadian Grain Board shall be the sole purchaser and distributor of all wheat, oats, barley, flax, corn, rice, millet, sunflowers, and rapeseed grown in the Dominion.
3. The Canadian Grain Board shall purchase grain directly from producers at a rate set by the Board. The Board shall then sell the grain to manufacturers, bakeries, general stores, and exporters at a set profit margin.
4. 2/3 of the profit from the sale of all grain by the Canadian Grain Board shall be returned to the producers. 1/6 of the profit from the sale shall be kept by the Canadian Grain Board to fund its operations and 1/6 of the profit shall be remitted to the General Fund of the Treasury.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2023, 05:40:41 AM »

The Prime Minister shall introduce the Canadian Petroleum Act, to establish a national oil company, True North Petroleum. TNP will be funded by a 5% user fee tax on the pump price at gas stations and the profits from its sales, after an initial transfer from the general fund is used to stand up TNP. The Director-General of TNP is tasked with prospecting, drilling, processing, and selling all oil, gas, and petroleum in the Dominion.

The Prime Minister shall introduce the Canadian Rail Act, to establish a national rail company, CanadaRail. CanadaRail will be funded through the profits from its sales, after an initial transfer from the general fund is used to stand up CanadaRail. The Director-General of CanadaRail is tasked with planning, constructing, operating, and maintaining a nationwide rail system, for both freight and passenger travel. The rail network must include transport to each province and territory. CanadaRail further has a specific duty to transport TNP products to and from the oil fields, processing centers, ports, and markets.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2023, 09:44:10 AM »

The Prime Minister shall nominate Montreal to host the 1944 Olympic Games.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2023, 06:31:15 PM »

Wikimedia Commons

Address to the Commons by the Prime Minister Following His Election as Leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party and Appointment as Prime Minister

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

I stand before you today as a humble servant of His Majesty the King, who has been asked to form a Government in our King’s name. Given the awesome challenges that our Empire faces today, this is not a task to be taken lightly or without the full conviction of one’s heart. It is with my full fortitude that I accepted His Majesty’s invitation and I will form a Govenment to make Britain proud.

*cheers from the benches*

I have watched with sadness as my predecessors have been unable to respond to the challenges of this new age. Now is not a time for weakness, now is not a time for cowardice, now is not a time for complacency. We must face these challenges head on, with boldness and decivisness, to ensure not only lasting prosperity for our children and our children’s children but the very survival of liberal democracy in Europe. This is no time for appeasement or fear!

I pledge to you and to the people of the Empire, be they an aged women in London, a soldier in the Congo, a young girl in Montreal, or a farmer in Darwin, that I will commit the whole of my being to winning this Great War. For failure is not an option. In this struggle, failure would mean the fall of London, the collapse of the greatest Empire that God has ever seen, and death of many thousands, perhaps millions, of patriotic Britons. I know, because I’ve seen it in their faces, heard it in their voices, and read it in their letters, that the people of this Empire would rather die than kneel before a Kaiser or be subject to his despotic rule!

I am in the process of naming my Cabinet and hope to present a Government that Britain can be proud of in the very near future. I pray for God’s wisdom as I undertake the Herculean task but I am comforted in knowing that every man and woman in this House is dedicated to the cause of the Empire and to protecting our British way of life. There are likely dark days ahead, but I am confident that our Empire shall rise together as one from this war, stronger, more united, and greater than ever.

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies