Biden Admistration Official: WE WANT A LIBERAL WORLD ORDER (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:32:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Admistration Official: WE WANT A LIBERAL WORLD ORDER (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Admistration Official: WE WANT A LIBERAL WORLD ORDER  (Read 1587 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 01, 2022, 03:00:28 PM »

Once again Dems are complete idiots when it comes to messaging. But at the same time some cons continue to go on with their pathological delusion about this mysterious "they" who wants to "destroy America"
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 01:49:53 PM »

I'm not sure why the usual suspects are peeing their pants over "muh horrible messaging".

Why would this answer upset anyone who isn't a right-wing reactionary?

Because reactionary right-wingers continue to have sole domination of the narrative because Democrats are spineless cowards

Until they start fighting back, they need to be extremely careful about every word that comes out of their mouth in public
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 02:02:53 PM »

The issue isn't the liberal part it's the world order part

Is it?

Again, we're seeing right now what a lack of world order looks like. It's not pretty.

For most people in the US, "world order" is a term most often associated with neo-Nazis and their like, so in that context it was terrible phrasing
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 05:33:48 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2022, 05:37:05 PM by Hammy »

I'm not sure why the usual suspects are peeing their pants over "muh horrible messaging".

Why would this answer upset anyone who isn't a right-wing reactionary?

Because reactionary right-wingers continue to have sole domination of the narrative because Democrats are spineless cowards

Until they start fighting back, they need to be extremely careful about every word that comes out of their mouth in public

This is an example of fighting back. I'm not really sure what you want from them. You say "stop letting Republicans control the narrative", and then you complain when they push back against that narrative.

I get that you're one of the people for whom Democrats will always be making the wrong decision no matter what that decision is, but come on.

For most people in the US, "world order" is a term most often associated with neo-Nazis and their like

I do not agree with this either.

Simply saying things that fit with what Republicans say about them is literally the opposite of "fighting back". Politics is marketing, and Democrats are terrible at it. Simply speaking the truth does not work, because people don't care about the truth--they have to sell their policies. Giving this sort of vague, lazy, poorly worded response to a valid question is not controlling the narrative or selling their message.

Republicans gained control of the narrative by going on a nonstop, sustained campaign against Democrats, and (often through lies, such is politics) convincing Americans why the other side is horrible and will ruin their lives or is a threat to their way of life. Democrats need to start with the same, and expand from there. Saying things that mean nothing to the direct lives of most Americans--no matter how true they may be--isn't going to sell anything to voters.

I get that you're one of the people for whom Democrats will always be making the wrong decision no matter what that decision is

They ARE always making the wrong decision, because they are too lazy to be in campaign mode 24/7. When they stop doing or saying things that can easily be spun against them and go hard on the offensive, then and only then will they have made the correct decision.

For instance, Biden made the right decision in calling out the oil companies over the gas prices (something I think he needs to highlight more in order to establish the narrative, but it's certainly a good starting point for Democrats to campaign on)

It's a sad truth, but successful campaigning can only start by completely destroying the public's view of the other side.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 02:11:04 PM »

The people whining about this would decry adverts for war bonds during WWII as Stalinism. What exactly do you think we were fighting for?

Americans have brain rot from 24/7 cable news that wasn't the case during WWII, that needs taken into consideration.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies