AOC floating not supporting Biden in 2024?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:06:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AOC floating not supporting Biden in 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AOC floating not supporting Biden in 2024?  (Read 1048 times)
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -6.26

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2022, 08:40:36 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 08:49:42 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2022, 02:49:31 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Honestly. This is not surprising.

Edit to add: What I mean, is that in the primary, if there is a "super" progressive Dem candidate, then she would more than likely "support" that candidate over Biden (if he runs again). But obviously in the general election, if Biden is the nominated Dem candidate, then AOC would support him over the Republican candidate.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 08:52:50 PM »

I think the point she’s trying to make, whether she does or doesn’t support him in 2024, is that Biden can’t have his cake and eat it too - many Democrats want Biden to be taking much bolder, more decisive action on a number of issues including abortion. You can’t refuse to take bold action on anything and then expect those same people to be thrilled with your performance and enthusiastic about re-electing you.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 09:24:52 PM »

I think the point she’s trying to make, whether she does or doesn’t support him in 2024, is that Biden can’t have his cake and eat it too - many Democrats want Biden to be taking much bolder, more decisive action on a number of issues including abortion. You can’t refuse to take bold action on anything and then expect those same people to be thrilled with your performance and enthusiastic about re-electing you.

Yeah. At the end of the day, I fully expect for her to endorse him, just as she did in 2020.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 09:31:02 PM »

She’ll turn around when the time comes where the Democrats need her endorsement.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 09:42:58 PM »

I would not be surprised if she tries to primary him. She would get whooped but it’s not something the party needs going into the election.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:47 PM »

AOC already does everything in her power to undermine Biden, do you really think she supports him?  She'll reluctantly endorse him, as is her duty, and then continue undermining him and making demands of him every step of the way.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 11:47:08 PM »

Well I don’t blame her

It’s been pretty damn clear that if be a good soldier the Dem leadership will just make you eat sh**t and if you screw everyone else over they make everyone eat sh**t for you.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 11:48:23 PM »

AOC already does everything in her power to undermine Biden, do you really think she supports him?  She'll reluctantly endorse him, as is her duty, and then continue undermining him and making demands of him every step of the way.
Remind me, who were jackasses that killed his legislative package. Was it the squad or your heroic problem solving moderates that we all must grovel too because team player?
kwabbit

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 11:56:42 PM »

I get it. Maybe in the beginning of his presidency you could say Biden was making an honest effort to pass progressive legislation, but since the failure of BBB he’s been stingy with spending his remaining political capital. On every issue of the month it becomes a back and forth of whether Biden will take action.

Biden waffles on everything because he is trying to balance progressives and swing voters. But progressives don’t want Biden to occasionally consider progressive policies only when it benefits him, they want him to pursue them with enthusiasm and determination.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 12:11:58 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2022, 12:15:57 AM by Second Amendment rights for abortion rights »

A President AOC would actually do something about the (impotent) right-wing hack think tank that is the US Supreme Court.

Currently, at least 56% of Americans are considering not supporting Biden in 2024. Take some time to evaluate why that is.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 12:53:01 AM »

AOC has lost all anti-establishment credibility a long time ago. She'll endorse him just like the rest of the Squad.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2022, 01:35:47 AM »

I think people overestimate AOC's influence. The online world is not the real world, so this is not something Biden and his allies should worry about. She'll come along once it's either Biden or a far-right GOPer (namely Mr. Trump, DeSantis or another one of these weirdos).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2022, 01:41:52 AM »

I think people overestimate AOC's influence. The online world is not the real world, so this is not something Biden and his allies should worry about. She'll come along once it's either Biden or a far-right GOPer (namely Mr. Trump, DeSantis or another one of these weirdos).

A massive GOP win in 22/24 similar to Dems 06/08 might not even be good for the right if they use a large house/senate majority to basically do the same old same old stuff as the Democratic Party that rises from the ashes from defeat will probably be of the AOC wing .

It would only be good for the right if the GOP actually ends up doing something different otherwise you will just lead to more feeling of betrayal and populist anger except this time it will be at the gop and a dem establishment which has collapsed in 22/24 wouldn’t be able to do much to stop it either .

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2022, 01:55:34 AM »

I get it. Maybe in the beginning of his presidency you could say Biden was making an honest effort to pass progressive legislation, but since the failure of BBB he’s been stingy with spending his remaining political capital. On every issue of the month it becomes a back and forth of whether Biden will take action.

Biden waffles on everything because he is trying to balance progressives and swing voters. But progressives don’t want Biden to occasionally consider progressive policies only when it benefits him, they want him to pursue them with enthusiasm and determination.

You can't make a zebra change its stripes. I don't think you are going to get this from Biden. We need fresh new blood in the presidency. Much younger so they can push and push to make things happen. It's becoming more and more obvious that Biden needs to pass the baton.

(Pelosi too.)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 07:17:34 AM »

You can't make a zebra change its stripes. I don't think you are going to get this from Biden. We need fresh new blood in the presidency. Much younger so they can push and push to make things happen. It's becoming more and more obvious that Biden needs to pass the baton.

(Pelosi too.)

Pelosi is a bit maddening because she should’ve retired as House Speaker a while ago and there’s no real consequence to her doing so; I’d argue there’s a lot of people who’d have much better optics but could still be effective at ultimately getting the votes, folks who are close to the median of the Democratic Party. In 2018 Democrats really should’ve run under new leadership in hindsight.

Tbf if you actually listen to Biden speak he def wants to do a lot, but he is limited because of Congress and he knows it. Still, I think it’d be at least worth it on congressional Dems part to take a few things up for a vote even if it fails. The other issue that creates a sense of being tonedeath is often the administration focused heavily on one issue but after failure or a minor victory the conversation goes quiet and it’s on to the next thing. They should more consistently try to be talking about more issues which can be tricky.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2022, 07:21:59 AM »

AOC needs to grow up.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 07:52:56 AM »

Frankly, Biden has not earned the support he'll need to get re-elected. If he honestly thinks he's going to be able to win re-election on "not being Trump" again after a full term as President, he's sorely mistaken. Might as well not even run if that's his only strategy.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2022, 07:58:02 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2022, 08:05:44 AM by MR. JOE BYRON »

She’ll give Biden a lukewarm endorsement, then continue “holding him accountable” by pulling random solutions from a deck of cards and then blocking Biden whenever he actually tries to do something
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2022, 08:30:11 AM »

She’ll give Biden a lukewarm endorsement, then continue “holding him accountable” by pulling random solutions from a deck of cards and then blocking Biden whenever he actually tries to do something

She has never once blocked a piece of legislation from passing. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, on the other hand...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2022, 08:49:36 AM »

Another Trump presidency would be a huge boon for her grifting career, so this makes sense.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2022, 08:56:25 AM »

She has never once blocked a piece of legislation from passing. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, on the other hand...

Her vote never single-handedly made the difference though.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2022, 10:26:07 AM »

Her vote never single-handedly made the difference though.

So...what's the point? Saying that she actively blocks Biden's agenda would imply that her vote *has* made the difference. If that's not the case, then OP said something demonstrably false about one of the few people in power right now who's actually trying to do something.
Flint

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2022, 11:53:25 AM »

I would not be surprised if she tries to primary him. She would get whooped but it’s not something the party needs going into the election.

I hope she does so we can finally stop hearing about her
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2022, 03:18:41 PM »

(Pelosi too.)

Pelosi is a bit maddening because she should’ve retired as House Speaker a while ago and there’s no real consequence to her doing so; I’d argue there’s a lot of people who’d have much better optics but could still be effective at ultimately getting the votes, folks who are close to the median of the Democratic Party. In 2018 Democrats really should’ve run under new leadership in hindsight.

Pelosi is one of the most selfish people on the Hill. The fact is she needs progressive support to remain Speaker, but her second speakership has been nothing short of embarrassing showboating, virtue-signaling, and elitism. I'd love to tear up that pathetic poem she read last week, after the so-called Supreme Court made a decision that surely impacts more women around AOC's age than, well, women her age. Get your ass back to work and remember why you hold that gavel.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies