Quinnipiac SHOCK POLL in GA: Warnock +10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:20:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  Quinnipiac SHOCK POLL in GA: Warnock +10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quinnipiac SHOCK POLL in GA: Warnock +10  (Read 2711 times)
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« on: June 29, 2022, 01:21:44 PM »

Warnock is gonna win 62-63% in Gwinnett and 57-58% in Cobb. No it will not be anywhere near 10% but trends are real.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 08:01:35 PM »

Side note: I forget who, but someone said Georgia is not a state where Dobbs is likely to hurt Republicans.  I strongly disagree with that; it’ll hurt in the Atlanta suburbs/greater metro area.  

I somewhat disagree here: I actually think Dobbs (if it in fact helps at all) provides more possibility for an uptick for Democrats in rural areas.

The simple reality is that pro-choice support is higher than Democratic support in most rural (white) areas, while metro support on both fronts is closer in alignment (lots of flux in metro areas, however, because you have sizeable chunks of black voters who are not pro-choice and educated white Rs who are pro-choice).

Georgia has a lot of pro life blacks who will vote for the Reverend. The north Atlanta suburbs are an awful fit for Walker and don’t forget the GOP is more or less maxed with rural whites here. Gwinnett, Forsyth have trended over 10% D in both 2016-20 and Henry, Cobb, Douglas have had 10% trends along with 6-10% the past two cycles. Even if the Democratic trends slow in these counties it might not be enough for Walker.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies