Quinnipiac SHOCK POLL in GA: Warnock +10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:21:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  Quinnipiac SHOCK POLL in GA: Warnock +10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Quinnipiac SHOCK POLL in GA: Warnock +10  (Read 2621 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2022, 01:06:46 PM »

Wow!

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/ga/ga06292022_gqqc38.pdf

Warnock 54
Walker 44

Kemp 48
Abrams 48

Biden Approval: 33 - 60
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »

Walker is a terrible candidate. GOP should cut him off to go after other seats.

Tilt D.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 01:19:42 PM »

This post was fact checked by real American patriots – TRUE

In all seriousness Warnock is favored here imo. Walker is a bad candidate. That being said I do not expect there to be anywhere near this wide of a gulf.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 01:21:44 PM »

Warnock is gonna win 62-63% in Gwinnett and 57-58% in Cobb. No it will not be anywhere near 10% but trends are real.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 01:21:56 PM »

Not sure how Biden can be at -27 and Walker is leading by +10. One of those things isn't true, unless a lot of Biden's disapproval comes from "he's not progressive enough".
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 01:23:00 PM »

It’s too bad Walker’s terrible press makes it hard to discern a Dobbs effect here.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 01:23:48 PM »

Not sure how Biden can be at -27 and Walker is leading by +10. One of those things isn't true, unless a lot of Biden's disapproval comes from "he's not progressive enough".

Ding ding ding we have a winner.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 01:25:36 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2022, 01:30:14 PM by TodayJunior »

Candidates matter. States' trends matter. Warnock is favored and might even avoid a runoff. If I'm honest, I've gone back and forth with calling Georgia a swing/blue state, so as of right now, I'm not going to call Georgia a blue state (yet), but it's getting on that train like Virginia did.
kwabbit

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 01:28:07 PM »

Either the polling industry has collapsed to the point where it’s more accurate to ignore every poll or there is now a historic disconnect between presidential approval and voting intention.

There are definitely plenty of Biden disapproval/Warnock voters, but this poll has nearly 40% of Warnock’s voters in that category. Georgia isn’t the place where Dobbs should hurt the GOP very much either. Are they getting droves of Romney-Trump voters?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 01:30:07 PM »

Great news everyone thought WARNOCK was done for HA
kwabbit

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 01:31:00 PM »

I wonder if they weight by region. Might be hard to reach the rural folk so Atlanta could be oversampled.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 01:33:25 PM »

I'm very close to never citing another poll again.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2022, 01:33:29 PM »

Either the polling industry has collapsed to the point where it’s more accurate to ignore every poll or there is now a historic disconnect between presidential approval and voting intention.

There are definitely plenty of Biden disapproval/Warnock voters, but this poll has nearly 40% of Warnock’s voters in that category. Georgia isn’t the place where Dobbs should hurt the GOP very much either. Are they getting droves of Romney-Trump voters?

I mean this is clearly true to an extent, because not a single poll has shown Dems losing the GCB by 27 points.

Trump's approval ratings were similarly terrible, and Republicans "only" lost the congressional vote by 8%.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 01:36:01 PM »

Interestingly, the Senate race has moved much more than the Governor's race since their last poll in January.  I would guess this is at least partly due to the effective pro-Warnock and anti-Walker ads I've seen on TV for the past several weeks.

January:

Walker 49   (Walker+1)
Warnock 48

Kemp 49     (Kemp +2)
Abrams 47

June:

Warnock 54  (Warnock+10)
Walker 44

Kemp 48     (tied)
Abrams 48

Net change:

Walker+1 => Warnock+10  =  Warnock+11

Kemp+2 => tied   =  Abrams+2
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 01:41:24 PM »

kwabbit

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2022, 01:41:43 PM »

I mean this is clearly true to an extent, because not a single poll has shown Dems losing the GCB by 27 points.

Trump's approval ratings were similarly terrible, and Republicans "only" lost the congressional vote by 8%.

Well, you’d expect the Democrats to be losing the GCB by 5+ points given Biden’s approvals and for states to reflect that. Not a 10pt Dem swing from 2020 even as he is sitting at Trump numbers. He’s actually worse than Trump was at this time and almost monotonically losing approval as his presidency moves forward.

Presidential approval is a leading indicator, so maybe things will align as expected, but right now there’s something off.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2022, 01:41:46 PM »

Candidates matter. States' trends matter. Warnock is favored and might even avoid a runoff. If I'm honest, I've gone back and forth with calling Georgia a swing/blue state, so as of right now, I'm not going to call Georgia a blue state (yet), but it's getting on that train like Virginia did.

I think a runoff is unlikely regardless of who wins. The only 3rd party candidate is the Libertarian and they traditionally only get 1-2% so unless it is extremely close (possible) no runoff.

And yes candidates matter no matter what some on this board repeatedly say.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2022, 01:51:44 PM »

It's a blue not red waves and Rs keep saying it's an R just because it's a Midterm, Steve Konraki said it can be a blue or red Wave

I would love this to be in the history books Biden defy expectations and win a Supermajority H and Filibuster prpof S as my map says not R nut maps😊😊😊

I think a runoff is unlikely regardless of who wins. The only 3rd party candidate is the Libertarian and they traditionally only get 1-2% so unless it is extremely close (possible) no runoff.

And yes candidates matter no matter what some on this board repeatedly say.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 01:55:45 PM »

Well, I guess you can't explain it away by saying its too D-leaning given Biden's 33-60 approval, which is likely not even that bad in reality.

But this does just go to show that once again, Biden's approval is not a proxy at *all* for support this year, and again, there are a lot of D-leaning groups who are saying they may disapprove of Biden but are still going to vote D.

Also the poll was taken mostly after Roe, June 23-27, which is of note.

Though Warnock outperforming Abrams by 10% is staggering. Though it would be quite something if Warnock was so strong that he dragged Abrams over the finish line. She should be the one you would think would most benefit from Roe, since GOV has the final decisions here in GA.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2022, 01:57:15 PM »

None of this is particularly surprising though:

When it comes to Warnock's personal traits, voters say:

54 - 33 percent that he is honest;
56 - 34 percent that he has good leadership skills;
59 - 33 percent that he cares about average Georgians.
When it comes to Walker's personal traits, voters say:

43 - 39 percent that he is not honest;
43 - 37 percent that he does not have good leadership skills;
44 - 42 percent that he cares about average Georgians.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2022, 01:58:08 PM »

I wonder if they weight by region. Might be hard to reach the rural folk so Atlanta could be oversampled.

Polls in 2018 and 2020 were quite accurate in Georgia so this would be a very new and surprising development.

Anyways, this matches what I'm seeing on the ground. Cobb and north Fulton are filled to the brim with moderate ticket spitting white folks. Of course it doesn't hurt Warnock is a great candidate, fundraiser and workhorse while Walker has serious brain damage.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2022, 02:07:00 PM »

Lol. To anyone who believes this, here's what Quinnipiac had two years ago:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=384252.0
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2022, 02:10:13 PM »

also just look at 18-34, the key demo

Biden approval 26/65
Warnock winning 66/32
kwabbit

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2022, 02:10:23 PM »

Polls in 2018 and 2020 were quite accurate in Georgia so this would be a very new and surprising development.

Anyways, this matches what I'm seeing on the ground. Cobb and north Fulton are filled to the brim with moderate ticket spitting white folks. Of course it doesn't hurt Warnock is a great candidate, fundraiser and workhorse while Walker has serious brain damage.

I don’t doubt that this poll may be reasonably accurate for North Fulton or Cobb, that’s kind of my point. My question is whether Atlanta suburbs are being over sampled since they are the type of place to have Biden disapproval Warnock supporting voters. Polls in Georgia have been accurate but Quinnipiac was a major exception, with a Biden +7 as I recall.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2022, 02:12:23 PM »

Well, you’d expect the Democrats to be losing the GCB by 5+ points given Biden’s approvals and for states to reflect that. Not a 10pt Dem swing from 2020 even as he is sitting at Trump numbers. He’s actually worse than Trump was at this time and almost monotonically losing approval as his presidency moves forward.

Presidential approval is a leading indicator, so maybe things will align as expected, but right now there’s something off.

that's the point though - it's not. it may have been in the past, especially when approval was directly linked, like in Trumps case, b/c his die-hards always say they supported him no matter what. Biden is a different beast though, because many Ds or D-leaners say they 'disapprove' for a multitude of reasons but will still be voting D this year. that's why prez approval is just not as big of a factor IMO this year

again, just look at the 18-34 #s i posted above. young people 'disapprove' of Biden for many reasons. but they don't disapprove enough to vote for Rs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies