WA-SEN (Tarrance Group/Smiley internal): Murray +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:09:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  WA-SEN (Tarrance Group/Smiley internal): Murray +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-SEN (Tarrance Group/Smiley internal): Murray +5  (Read 1162 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: June 30, 2022, 11:11:38 AM »

anyone mentioning "pre-Dobbs" or "post-Dobbs" should not be taken seriously

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska%27s_1st_congressional_district

Seriously, I feel like we've just memory holed that special after two days, when two days after Flores won everyone was changing their November ratings for TX-34 to Tilt R. It's four months to election day, so I doubt it was just a random fluke. Is it really so inconceivable that Dobbs improved the environment for Democrats? If so, what explains that performance?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 10:13:53 PM »

anyone mentioning "pre-Dobbs" or "post-Dobbs" should not be taken seriously

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska%27s_1st_congressional_district

Seriously, I feel like we've just memory holed that special after two days, when two days after Flores won everyone was changing their November ratings for TX-34 to Tilt R. It's four months to election day, so I doubt it was just a random fluke. Is it really so inconceivable that Dobbs improved the environment for Democrats? If so, what explains that performance?
If a rep resigns due to scandal, that party usually dramatically underperforms in the ensuing special election.

This happened a lot in the Trump administration, but it's difficult to tell whether it was more due to the environment or the scandal. Here are special elections due to scandal-related resignation with the opposite party in the White House:

CA-25 2020: This was probably a factor, although Garcia has continued to be successful.
MI-13 2018: Uncontested.
IL-18 2015: LaHood (R) actually outperformed.
NY-11 2015: Donovan (R) also outperformed.
FL-19 2014: Clawson (R) outperformed.

Excluded stuff before this because it's annoying to find presidential results by CD.

Pretty mixed record overall. I don't doubt that the scandal had a lot to do with the result in this election but imo I do not think that that was the only factor which made this so close.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies