Republicans Just Surrendered 2024 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:31:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Republicans Just Surrendered 2024 Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans Just Surrendered 2024 Election  (Read 2457 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2022, 03:31:47 PM »

Not that Kavanaugh's word means anything, but he signaled in his concurring opinion that the Roe ruling did not mean the right to contraception and other 14th amendment rights were next to fall. I know Thomas wants to overturn all of them, but Kavanaugh is the 5th vote. We know Alito, Thomas and ACB would prefer the US to be a theocracy.

I don't have faith the Democratic Party will be able to seize this moment, but I could be wrong. People on the left and the middle need to understand we are a Republican president away from a nationwide ban on abortion and perhaps gay marriage if the SCOTUS decides to overturn that, which I find more likely than contraception.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2022, 03:37:48 PM »

Maybe if every federal Republican outside of dark blue states/districts pre-commits to a federal abortion ban, but otherwise no.  A majority of voters in most states are getting what they want now. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2022, 03:49:48 PM »

Maybe if every federal Republican outside of dark blue states/districts pre-commits to a federal abortion ban, but otherwise no.  A majority of voters in most states are getting what they want now. 

Are they? Over 60% of Americans favor keeping abortion legal, and not every state has put abortion on the ballot. My state just banned abortion after 6 weeks through our state legislature and governor, not through a referendum.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2022, 04:05:27 PM »

Not that Kavanaugh's word means anything, but he signaled in his concurring opinion that the Roe ruling did not mean the right to contraception and other 14th amendment rights were next to fall. I know Thomas wants to overturn all of them, but Kavanaugh is the 5th vote. We know Alito, Thomas and ACB would prefer the US to be a theocracy.

I don't have faith the Democratic Party will be able to seize this moment, but I could be wrong. People on the left and the middle need to understand we are a Republican president away from a nationwide ban on abortion and perhaps gay marriage if the SCOTUS decides to overturn that, which I find more likely than contraception.

Ending the marriages of potentially millions(?) of people overnight would be unspeakably evil and disgusting, and I think most Americans would see that. Especially now that even most Republicans support gay marriage.

Does that mean this Court won't do it?

I don't have much faith in that anymore, sadly. Maybe Gorsuch would stop it based on his Bostock opinion? Maybe...
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2022, 11:36:50 PM »

They had no chance anyways DeSantis is on the verge of losing to Crist and Trump might be indicted

The Rs won Prez races in 2000/04/16 because Roe was at the Federal level now with Alito and Thomas they have moved it to right and Alito was almost BLOCKED

DeSantis wins against Christ with at least 15 points.

Called it.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2022, 12:06:03 AM »

Trump running could be the final nail in the coffin
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2022, 03:10:28 AM »

I think you're absolutely right on this. Voters in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania showed that if the election is a referendum on abortion they will vote for the Democratic Party, even if the economy is horrible. The 2024 presidential election will be a referendum on abortion.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2022, 03:51:16 AM »

Stop making premature conclusions. I would have said the same in a R-tsunami election. Climate will be vastly different in 2024 than today.

That said, the GOP would be foolish to nominate Trump again. DeSantis is a better deal. And if latter wants a shot, he has to do it in 2024, not wait till 2028 when the ship has sailed.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2022, 04:07:51 AM »

Well lets see.
Trump, with these results, will not win Michigan or Arizona or Georgia or Alaska.
Pennsylvania and Nevada will be very close (Trump is not a muslim that scares Pennsylvania Hillbillies).
Trump would win Wisconsin.

That would be Biden 271.

DeSantis would win Georgia but we don't know how he would perform in the West and the North.
Compared with certain defeat under Trump, DeSantis might shake things up just enough to win.

Worst case to Best case for Biden
With DeSantis 244-280
With Trump 271-296

Of course Democrats winning Alaska in the midterms might be a fluke and we end up with 269-269 with Trump and Atlanta getting nuked in a civil war or something crazy.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2022, 09:32:29 AM »

After last night's results! Republican's will know one thing, Trump is done as a force! They can read polls! Trump was the big loser last night! DeSantis was the big winner! That's the takeaway, whatever Trump's spin is, it won't ring through! Most of the big players and donors within the party, if they have any sense, will give Don the Con a wide berth! Also where's the $100 million he raised 🤔? Heard he's using for personal reasons, paying off debts & legal bills! Republican's must throw this scumbag to the curb!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies