Israel 2022 election (November 1st) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:08:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel 2022 election (November 1st) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel 2022 election (November 1st)  (Read 34967 times)
DL
Canada

« on: August 16, 2022, 03:40:54 PM »

Public opinion on Israel/Palestine sometimes does very weird things. For example, if you ever travel to Belfast, Northern Ireland and you are not sure whether you are in a Catholic or a Protestant neighbourhood - a good rule of thumb is that if you see Israeli flags flying all over the place you are in a DUP voting Protestant area. If you see Palestinian flags flying you know you are in a Catholic Sinn Fein stronghold.

Ironically the Free Presbyterian Church that DUPers tend to be members of was always viciously anti-Semitic (and racist, homophobic and misogynist etc etc etc.) but it seems that the moment the Catholics started to identify with the Palestinian cause the reaction among Protestants was "well if the mics are all supporting the Palestinians, I guess that means we all have to support Israel"...None of these Prots from Ulster like Jews any more than they used to and very few actually care about Israel or could find it on a map, its just an attitude of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"
DL
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 07:28:22 AM »

Why does Israel have such ridiculously long election campaigns? Most countries have campaign periods of five or six weeks and if an early election is forced due to a non confidence vote, it’s usually held no more than two months later. Only Israel seems to think it takes like six months to hold an early election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies