Israel 2022 election (November 1st)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:07:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel 2022 election (November 1st)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24
Author Topic: Israel 2022 election (November 1st)  (Read 34306 times)
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2022, 11:28:08 AM »
« edited: June 30, 2022, 12:34:01 PM by Virginiá »

Leaders of government parties have decided to support a motion to disperse the Knesset and go to new elections. The date hasn't been set, but they'll likely fall on October 25th (depending on the Hewish holiday schedule). Yair Lapid will be prime minister until a new government is formed.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 11:43:31 AM »

It's a board customary rule, since the 2012 fiasco with Moufaz, that we do not start this thread until the Knesset officially dissolves!

This is the first election since I was eligible to vote that I really have no idea who I will vote for.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 11:45:20 AM »

Only unexpected thing there is that they survived so long without early elections.
Logical

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 11:47:56 AM »

Time to bring back the classic.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 12:20:40 PM »

Is not Netanyahu being back as PM the most likely scenario if there really is an election?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 12:26:21 PM »

Is not Netanyahu being back as PM the most likely scenario if there really is an election?
The Bibi bloc does not have a majority in any poll, nor did he have a majority in the past 4 cycles. I don't believe he will get a majority this time as well
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 12:36:29 PM »

Yes. Yes it is.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 12:37:49 PM »

It's a board customary rule, since the 2012 fiasco with Moufaz, that we do not start this thread until the Knesset officially dissolves!

This is the first election since I was eligible to vote that I really have no idea who I will vote for.

Turnout is going to be epicly low.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 12:43:52 PM »

We thought so in 2019B and 2020, and yet we were surprised. The stakes are high so voters will turn out.
Angel of Death
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2022, 12:51:03 PM »

Netanyahu has a clear coalition majority in the polls if you add Yamina, which only formed the current coalition because they came up short before.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »

If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 01:40:15 PM »

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 01:50:18 PM »

Every single detail about this is absolutely extraordinary.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 01:56:27 PM »

Are you suggesting the choice between "Guy currently on trial for public corruption" and "Most obviously unstable partnership since Molotov and Ribbentrop" isn't an appealing one?
FredLindq
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2022, 02:38:53 PM »

Likud, Shas, UTJ and NZP polls around 60 seats. Add Yamina and Bibi is king Again. Add New Hope and or YB and we have around 75 seats.
Walmart_shopper
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2022, 02:57:37 PM »

Are you suggesting the choice between "Guy currently on trial for public corruption" and "Most obviously unstable partnership since Molotov and Ribbentrop" isn't an appealing one?

Arab turnout is polling at about 40% lol. It's almost as though watching an Arab party allowing itself to be used primarily as a prop for the occupation and to empower the leader of a right wing settler party is kind of dispiriting and tends to eat away at trust in the political system. It will be funny when Likud is the largest party in the Arab sector, though.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2022, 12:08:42 AM »

Likud, Shas, UTJ and NZP polls around 60 seats. Add Yamina and Bibi is king Again. Add New Hope and or YB and we have around 75 seats.
Yamina will not run alone, NH as well. We will most likely see Yamina and NH merge with Kahana leading Yamina. And a slimmer option is for a triple merge with YB. neither of the three would join a Likud coalition under normal circumstances.

The alarmism is juvenile. Bibi didn't have a majority and he's not going to.

First poll this morning:
Likud 36
YA 20
NZ 10
B&W 8
Shas 7
Yamina 7
Labour 7
UTJ 6
JL 6
YB 5
NH 4
Raam 4
Meretz 0

A bit of an over poll for the coalition I guess. But this party map won't live to October. Beyond the centre-right merge, Meretz and Labour would have to decide their future. UTJ might split. JL might split. And so much more.

The threshold might be lowered to 2.5% again.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2022, 12:11:15 AM »

\
I expressed my discomfort as I think this might be premature. There is an immense pressure on the nobodies of Yamina (anyone but Bennett and Kahana) and NH (anyone but Saar and Shir) to agree to a coalition under Bibi in the coming week.

We need to wait and see but as long as the Knesset didn't vote to dissolve in three hearings this is not final
FredLindq
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2022, 01:49:13 AM »

Why might UTJ split? And why wont Yamina join Bibi?! Might Likud benefit from a merger between Yamina and JH?!
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2022, 04:18:57 AM »

Why might UTJ split? And why wont Yamina join Bibi?! Might Likud benefit from a merger between Yamina and JH?!
As always, during election cycle we get interest from people who don't know the political climate well. I suggest everyone who has a question starts by googling and only if things aren't clear raise it.

UTJ is a merger of two Ashkenaz Haredi parties, one for the Hassidic and one for the "Lithuanians". There's not a lot of love between them and they quarrel bitterly over money and influence.

Yamina is not a party anymore so as a group they're not going to do anything. Half of its members won't join a government under Bibi from the same reason New Hope and YB won't. They hate it and thinks he's toxic.
The JH isn't represented in the Knesset anymore. it ran with Yamina last time but might be a vessel for Shaked\Shikli this time.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2022, 04:33:52 AM »

Yamina will not run alone, NH as well. We will most likely see Yamina and NH merge with Kahana leading Yamina. And a slimmer option is for a triple merge with YB. neither of the three would join a Likud coalition under normal circumstances.

First poll this morning:
Likud 36
YA 20
NZ 10
B&W 8
Shas 7
Yamina 7
Labour 7
UTJ 6
JL 6
YB 5
NH 4
Raam 4
Meretz 0

A bit of an over poll for the coalition I guess. But this party map won't live to October. Beyond the centre-right merge, Meretz and Labour would have to decide their future. UTJ might split. JL might split. And so much more.

Isn't that the wrong way to resolve a fragmented Parliament? I mean, a 5% threshold might be the best course of action, right now.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2022, 04:38:45 AM »

First poll this morning:
Likud 36
YA 20
NZ 10
B&W 8
Shas 7
Yamina 7
Labour 7
UTJ 6
JL 6
YB 5
NH 4
Raam 4
Meretz 0

Isn't that the wrong way to resolve a fragmented Parliament? I mean, a 5% threshold might be the best course of action, right now.

My sweet summer child, would Israel have ended up here if their politicians were inclined to follow the best course of action?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 04:58:34 AM »

First poll this morning:
Likud 36
YA 20
NZ 10
B&W 8
Shas 7
Yamina 7
Labour 7
UTJ 6
JL 6
YB 5
NH 4
Raam 4
Meretz 0

Most parties care more about survival than resolving the crisis. Anyhow, after 2019A the risk became quite salient and even if the bar raises parties will ad hoc merge to yield the same standstill.

I also don't think a fragmented society like Israel should have such a high threshold that would prevents a lot of groups from being politically represented. Furthermore, the political standoff is a deep struggle that won't be resolved by twicking election laws or procedure. One side must come out of this victorious and ungracious in victory
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 08:00:57 AM »

At this point, who does Blue & White represent and what do they stand for (as opposed to, say, Yesh Atid)?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2022, 08:55:40 AM »

At this point, who does Blue & White represent and what do they stand for (as opposed to, say, Yesh Atid)?
I think same voters, stratified by age.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies