A Republican change in 2005?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:16:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A Republican change in 2005?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Republican change in 2005?  (Read 856 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

I have been thinking about this for some time, and I wonder what the rest of you might think.  If/When Bush wins re-election, and we appear to be fairing well in the War on Terror, do you think Bush might do a major shift in his policies towards domestic issues?  It wouldn't be as if he had anything to lose by not trying.  If you recall back when he was campaigning in 1999/2000, he was primarily focused on domestic issues and really didn't want to be involved with the international arena other than convincing OPEC to lower the international oil prices.  He didn't even want to deal with Israel, thinking that US meddling cause half of the problem over there.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, do you think he will push for or abandon:
- revamping Social Security
- No Child Left Behind
- Immigration
- ANWAR
- Environmental concerns (such as his thinning of the national forests to prevent wild fires)
- others

Feel free to post other policies you think he might push for again, or openly abandon following his re-election.  I think he might drop NCLB since he can't seem to get the gov't to actually fund it, and a new push for ANWAR will come later in the term as part of a second installment of his Hydrogen Economy concept.  

Anyway, fire away folks.
sobo
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 04:44:02 PM »

If he is elected I hope he concentrates on economic issues, because I actually agree with him on economic issues, unlike social issues and foreign policy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies