John Edwards is expected to announce tommorrow that he's running for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:18:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  John Edwards is expected to announce tommorrow that he's running for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: John Edwards is expected to announce tommorrow that he's running for President  (Read 3404 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 06:17:56 PM »

One has to keep in mind that even though the line-up is not particularly strong it isn't really weak either. I don't see anyone else jumping in because it'll be really hard. Obama, Clinton, Edwards all have quite a lot going for themselves. I don't really see anyone else squeeze in there.

That is what annoys me. The fact that the Democratic field is being narrowed down to only Clinton, Obama, and Edwards. I don't think that it is good for the Democratic Party or the country that only the big names are being listened to, while the lesser knowns are being ignored.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »

The only things I know about him is that he was a 6 year senator who voted for the Iraq war and that he wrote a ridiculous book titled "Home"

Yet another book you haven't read.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »

I don't think that it is good for the Democratic Party or the country that only the big names are being listened to, while the lesser knowns are being ignored.

Good lord man, talk about jumping the gun. The campaigns haven't even started yet. If some candidates are getting more publicity right now, it's because they have more built-in support. Give it some time!
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »

His announcement just highlights how truly weak the current line-up of Democrats really are.

On the GOP side you have heavyweights John McCain, Former NYC mayor Rudy Guiliani, and even respectable figures like Chuck Hagel....and then you look at the Democrats and you see an inexperienced yokel, an opportunistic hag, and a TWO YEAR senator.  As a Democrat, I shudder at the thought of a Republican keeping the WH for another 8 years, but unless the Dems can dish out a truly formidable candidate, this is likely to happen

It's good to see some realism out of a Democrat. Were I one, I would not feel good about this upcoming campaign for president. Most of their stronger options (Warner, Bayh) have opted out of the race...leaving just the bargain bin guys. Anyone who honestly believes that Obama or Hillary could keep it up for an entire election season is delusional.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 05:34:50 PM »

It's good to see some realism out of a Democrat.

Oh good lord, has he fooled you?
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 05:36:11 PM »

It's good to see some realism out of a Democrat.

Oh good lord, has he fooled you?

I haven't been keeping up very well. Is he another fake account?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »

One America, eh? Now he's copying Obama in trying to be a unity candidate. Guess his second America wont mind.

He was talking about One America in 2003 before Obama had even been in the Senate, so gets your facts straight. 

I'm fully behind Edwards for the simple reason that he talks about things that actually matter.  Look at the video on his site in which he announces his candidacy.  What does he mention?  Iraq, poverty, global warming, terrorism, and genocide.  These are issues of utmost importance to America and the world (remeber, the little thing were supposed to be a great example to) He does not delve into meaningless social issues and squabbling over things like gay marriage, nor is his argument a bunch of typical rhetoric.  He is the only candidate I've seen out there on either side that's willing to focus on things that matter, and that's why he has my full support. 

....and if that's not enough, I just seem to trust what he says more.  I don't know why, I just never got the sense he's bullsh**tting me like so many other politicians do.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 06:05:56 PM »

He was talking about One America in 2003 before Obama had even been in the Senate, so gets your facts straight. 

But then one year later his "one America" was back to "two America's"...
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »

I haven't been keeping up very well. Is he another fake account?

I don't know if he's a fake account, but high likelihood that he's a troll. Every post is him bashing Democrats, and he claims to be a Democrat. He also gives opinions of books he's never read in his attempt to bash Democrats.

Just my opinion, but he's likely a troll or another one of DWTL's fake accounts.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies