Weird cop story
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 06:15:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Weird cop story
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird cop story  (Read 843 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 27, 2006, 12:22:52 AM »

My gf got pulled over, and the lady cop was in her car for 10 mins.  2 others came, and the first cop got out-->my gf asked if she had called for backup and she said yes, b/c she had been trying to pull her over for about .5 miles (she said the street & I converted it for yall).  She then asked if she'd been drinking-->no-->do the eye test-->let her go-->the three cops rush down my street and go 60 in a 35 w/ lights on (my mom was just doing a MI left, as they went down the main 35 mph street).

Weird things:
1) Never put her siren on for that .5 mis.
2) Never told her why she pulled her over (illegal)
3) Left and rushed down the street w/ 2 other cops.

What do you think?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:25:10 AM »

My gf got pulled over, and the lady cop was in her car for 10 mins.  2 others came, and the first cop got out-->my gf asked if she had called for backup and she said yes, b/c she had been trying to pull her over for about .5 miles (she said the street & I converted it for yall).  She then asked if she'd been drinking-->no-->do the eye test-->let her go-->the three cops rush down my street and go 60 in a 35 w/ lights on (my mom was just doing a MI left, as they went down the main 35 mph street).

Weird things:

They could have gotten a call while there that was high-priority, which might be why they didn't pursue the case with your sister.  Just a guess.

2) Never told her why she pulled her over (illegal)

Err, are you sure that's illegal?

What do you think?

Same as above.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:30:13 AM »

She questioned the cop?  You're lucky she didn't get tazered for that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:31:26 AM »

Weird things:

They could have gotten a call while there that was high-priority, which might be why they didn't pursue the case with your sister.  Just a guess.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Err, are you sure that's illegal?
 Isn't that writ of habeus corpus or something?  otherwise, they could just arrest you, etc...

What do you think?

Same as above.
[/quote]
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:37:08 AM »

Isn't that writ of habeus corpus or something?  otherwise, they could just arrest you, etc...

Not really.  Habeus corpus refers to the idea that a person who is already being held should have the right to request a trial to determine whether or not his detention is legal.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 12:43:16 AM »

Isn't that writ of habeus corpus or something?  otherwise, they could just arrest you, etc...

Not really.  Habeus corpus refers to the idea that a person who is already being held should have the right to request a trial to determine whether or not his detention is legal.

Point is--if they pulled her over the day of Christmas parties b/c she looked young--maybe an underage drinker, that's illegal--discrimination, and you can file a complaint.

And Progress, I agree w/ you there
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »

Point is--if they pulled her over the day of Christmas parties b/c she looked young--maybe an underage drinker, that's illegal--discrimination, and you can file a complaint.

If they pulled her over because they thought she was drunk and can prove that they had legitimate reason to think so, I don't think there'd be a problem there.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 11:19:13 AM »

She questioned the cop?  You're lucky she didn't get tazered for that.

Absolutely right, Progress!  I'm sure she would have if she were black.  (presumabely she looks upper middle class)
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 11:57:32 AM »

What do you think?

Happy hour at the donut shop?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

And Progress, I agree w/ you there

Girlfriend.  Sorry.  Whatever.

It might have been discrimination, but can you prove that is why they pulled her over?

But, seriously, who cares?  It's not a big deal.  I've been questioned by cops just surveying the area before...give straight answers, move on.

They just asked her questions.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 11:16:43 PM »

No offense Inks, but last time I checked, upper-middle class white girls didn't get "discriminated" against,  especially if it's driving.

Odds are, she just did something odd with her car to give them reason to think she may have had a few drinks.  Or she may have matched the description of someone else, and they eventually realized she was the wrong person.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 11:22:12 PM »

No offense Inks, but last time I checked, upper-middle class white girls didn't get "discriminated" against,  especially if it's driving.

Odds are, she just did something odd with her car to give them reason to think she may have had a few drinks.  Or she may have matched the description of someone else, and they eventually realized she was the wrong person.

Around here, the cops discriminate against anybody who is under 25.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 11:23:29 PM »

Sorry, but you really couldn't get any more white-lily suburban.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 02:10:18 AM »

if she were a black girl or guy and the same thing happened, would you be ok with it??
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »

I've gotten pulled over because I was White already (by White cops).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies