Vice President Giuliani
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:27:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Vice President Giuliani
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Vice President Giuliani  (Read 11124 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2004, 12:57:13 PM »

Yeah KEmperor! She never even lived in New York. Rudy would be a great VP as is Cheney.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2004, 01:19:42 PM »

Besides Condi being a brilliant cabinet member, it would be fun to see the  Dems have to attack a black woman on the Republican ticket!!  That would be entertaining!

Yes, it certainly would!  I think putting Guliani on the ticket would be a good thing, certainly it would help pick up some states in the northeast.  But I think Giuliani would be better served to run against Clinton and get her out of the Senate.  It disgusts me that she is my Senator.

Yeah I think Guliani is too valuable as a Clinton-beater, to win one more Senate seat we otherwise could not win.  I don' t think he'd add that much as a VP candidate.  Could he swing NY to Bush?  Quite possibly not.  He's way too liberal for the national party anyway.

Actually I can't think of anyone better than Cheney, other than someone very locally popular from the OH, MO, IA, WI, MN string of vital midwestern states.  

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2004, 01:23:23 PM »

Clinton won't risk lossing to Giuliani.  As I said before, if he runs for the Senate in 06 she will just drop out and say that she is working on her campaign for 08.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2004, 01:24:14 PM »

Clinton won't risk lossing to Giuliani.  As I said before, if he runs for the Senate in 06 she will just drop out and say that she is working on her campaign for 08.

Just as good!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2004, 01:26:18 PM »

Besides Condi being a brilliant cabinet member, it would be fun to see the  Dems have to attack a black woman on the Republican ticket!!  That would be entertaining!

Yes, it certainly would!  I think putting Guliani on the ticket would be a good thing, certainly it would help pick up some states in the northeast.  But I think Giuliani would be better served to run against Clinton and get her out of the Senate.  It disgusts me that she is my Senator.

Actually I can't think of anyone better than Cheney, other than someone very locally popular from the OH, MO, IA, WI, MN string of vital midwestern states.  

Bill Owen, Condi Rice, Rudy Giuliani, Bill Frist, Bob Taft, Tom Ridge, Liddy Dole, Norm Coleman.  There I just thought of 8 people who would be better than Cheney.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2004, 01:29:49 PM »

Bill Owen, Condi Rice, Rudy Giuliani, Bill Frist, Bob Taft, Tom Ridge, Liddy Dole, Norm Coleman.  There I just thought of 8 people who would be better than Cheney.

And Lamar Alexander and Jim Talent.  There's two more.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2004, 01:38:46 PM »

John McCain, JC Watts, Curt Weldon
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2004, 01:39:02 PM »

All excellent ideas, except that you can't run a Senator who's from a state with a Democrat governor.  I know the others but who's Bill Owen?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2004, 01:49:53 PM »

All excellent ideas, except that you can't run a Senator who's from a state with a Democrat governor.  I know the others but who's Bill Owen?

Bill Owens is the gov. of Colorado.  He is very popular in that state and is probably the best gov. in the country right now.  He is known for be very chrismatic and for having a VERY strong fiscal policy.  Since he started in Colorado, the economy has really improved and has been growing fast.  It doesn't show any signs of stoping either.  He is a Republican superstar in waiting.  Mark my words, he win be president someday.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2004, 01:54:41 PM »

Bill Owens is the gov. of Colorado.  He is very popular in that state and is probably the best gov. in the country right now.  He is known for be very chrismatic and for having a VERY strong fiscal policy.  Since he started in Colorado, the economy has really improved and has been growing fast.  It doesn't show any signs of stoping either.  He is a Republican superstar in waiting.  Mark my words, he win be president someday.

Well that will be great but for now I don't think Bush needs any help in Colorado from a VP pick.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2004, 01:57:46 PM »

Well that will be great but for now I don't think Bush needs any help in Colorado from a VP pick.

Owens would energize the ticket and create an obvious hier-apparent in 08.  Two things that Cheney can't provide.    Any of the people I mentioned would do that.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2004, 02:18:18 PM »

Owens and Frist and the unknowns need to make themselves known before they even make a VP run. I think Owens would MAYBE be a 2008 VP choice.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2004, 02:25:55 PM »

Does anyone know Giuliani's stance on abortion
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2004, 02:27:35 PM »

Does anyone know Giuliani's stance on abortion

I believe he is Pro-Choice. I could be wrong though.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2004, 02:33:02 PM »

Yes, he's pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and also I'm pretty sure he's pro-gun control. I don't think that the GOP base would stand for him on the ticket.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2004, 02:33:49 PM »

Thats what I thought do you think that would hurt his chances of being on the republican ticket
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2004, 02:36:36 PM »

Thats what I thought do you think that would hurt his chances of being on the republican ticket

Definatly. If he runs in 2008, I doubt he'll make it past the Primary unfortunatly.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2004, 02:36:39 PM »

Yes, I think so. I just can't see the Christian Coalition being willing to tolerate Giuliani on the ticket. They were upset in 2000 when it was revealed that Bush was considering putting Tom Ridge on the ticket.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2004, 02:40:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

exactly, Bush would upset lots of people if he puts him on the ticket. This could hurt Bush more than it would help him.  I personaly don't know if I would vote for the republicans if there was a pro abortion candidate on it.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2004, 02:41:35 PM »

I know someone who knows Ridge personally.  Ridge is not REALLY pro-choice.  I takes him literally 30 minutes to sum up his oppinon on abortion.  His problem is that his stance is so complex that he can't limit it down to a paragraph.  Personally, he is pro-life, but on the whole when he goes issue by issue, he is pro-chioce in a lot of situations.

I'm not sure if Giuliani is really pro-chioce.  All he said during his campaigns is that he would enforce the law as it stands, until it is changed.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2004, 04:41:02 PM »

NOOOO, of course not! Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2004, 04:41:47 PM »

Bush publicly stated last year that he is sticking by Cheney.  

Unless Cheney dies, he'll be on the ticket.   Bush is nothing if not loyal.

TheOldLine

"As you all know, I dearly wished to keep Richard Cheney as my VP. However, I am saddened to have to inform you, that due to personal reasons, he has been forced to step down, after consulting with his family and his doctor." And so on...it's so easy to get out of these things, I've seen it thousands of times in Sweden, and I don't think demands on honesty are higher in the US.

Exactly. All of us here could write the speech in 10 minutes.

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that I was the only one... Wink

Yes. I wasn't meaning to be snide.  I was fully agreeing you with.  

That's what I thought, I was just setting the record straight.
NHPolitico

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2004, 04:43:23 PM »

I just noticed that McCain got 282 votes for VP on the NH GOP primary ballot, Powell got 390. I wonder what the results would have been had any names actually appeared there.

Does anyone recall if Clinton's re-election site domain name left off Gore's name like Bush's does (georgewbush.com)?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2004, 04:52:14 PM »

I just noticed that McCain got 282 votes for VP on the NH GOP primary ballot, Powell got 390. I wonder what the results would have been had any names actually appeared there.

Does anyone recall if Clinton's re-election site domain name left off Gore's name like Bush's does (georgewbush.com)?
wasn't it clintongore.com???
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2004, 06:21:45 PM »

I know someone who knows Ridge personally.  Ridge is not REALLY pro-choice.  I takes him literally 30 minutes to sum up his oppinon on abortion.  His problem is that his stance is so complex that he can't limit it down to a paragraph.  Personally, he is pro-life, but on the whole when he goes issue by issue, he is pro-chioce in a lot of situations.

I'm not sure if Giuliani is really pro-chioce.  All he said during his campaigns is that he would enforce the law as it stands, until it is changed.

Not to change the subject to abortion, but I can respect that, since it seems that he realizes abortion is not a black and white issue, but a very grey one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies