CNN Poll: Gore leads McCain, ties Giuliani, beats Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:38:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  CNN Poll: Gore leads McCain, ties Giuliani, beats Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN Poll: Gore leads McCain, ties Giuliani, beats Romney  (Read 2691 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2006, 12:02:53 AM »

lol, meaningless but cool.

http://pollingreport.com/2008.htm#misc
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 12:40:54 AM »

Gore must run.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:41:55 AM »

Yeah I saw this a while ago. It would be nice if Gore announced his official intentions soon. I don't think he will end up running.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 12:42:48 AM »

I wonder how many "polls" will be released before Edwards announces.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 12:55:58 AM »

Why? It's odd. Just two years ago, almost everyone admitted that he was fat, balding and off his rocker yelling things like "HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS" and endorsing nutty Dean. Now you suddenly think he will run again *which I doubt he will* and be electable? If he lost in 2000...he won't be President.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »

Hasn't he all but done that?  I'm pretty sure that I read in several places a few days ago that Edwards was going to announce his run in New Orleans sometime this month.

As for Gore.  His defeat in 2000 was the kind you can't really come back from as far as I'm concerned.  Plus he's more concerned with his Oscar now isn't he? lol.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 02:53:51 AM »

As for Gore.  His defeat in 2000 was the kind you can't really come back from as far as I'm concerned. 

Gore won.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 03:06:20 AM »

As for Gore.  His defeat in 2000 was the kind you can't really come back from as far as I'm concerned. 

Gore won.

The popular vote...
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 03:07:25 AM »

God forbid the Democrat gets more votes in 2008. I hear that's the kind of defeat you can't come back from.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 03:13:43 AM »

Regardless of what your opinion of the 2000 outcome was all people remember Gore for dragging the election on and into the courts.  It was a horrible debacle and bringing him into the race would only bring back bad memories.  I would say the same thing if Bush had won the popular but lost in 2000 and was attempting to run again now.  The whole thing was a mess and no one wants to vote for a candidate that brings back those kinds of memories.  The Democratic faithful may have no trouble supporting Gore but for those in the middle and any potential Republican crossovers he likely won't be welcomed with open arms.  Besides, with so many promising and fresh new faces why would you want to drag in someone from the past?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 03:14:36 AM »

The majority of people at the polls in Florida clearly intended to vote for Bush.

Wait.  How badly did Katherine Harris lose by again?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 09:18:49 AM »

At this point, polls including Romney shouldn't even be considered as it would be completely based on name recognition, and would always show the Democrat ahead.

I think Gore could beat both McCain and Rudy, but I think that'd be more of an anti-Republican vote than a pro-Gore vote.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »

Gore won.

The popular vote...

Well, that says that he can win. He's not tainted the way Kerry is.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »

This would be only marginally relevent if Gore were actually interested in running. How many times does he have to say no?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 08:35:06 PM »

This would be only marginally relevent if Gore were actually interested in running. How many times does he have to say no?

It would be nice if he actually said "no" instead of "most likely not but I won't rule it out".
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »

It would be nice if he actually said "no" instead of "most likely not but I won't rule it out".

I don't recall him ever saying that he wont rule it out. All I have heard him say is that it is "very unlikely" and that he is "comfortable" with what he is doing. I don't think Gore wants to be president, frankly. He isn't getting any younger, or even anymore appealing. He has reverted back to enviroGore, which is one of his personas that the mass populace doesn't relate with well.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »

I don't recall him ever saying that he wont rule it out. All I have heard him say is that it is "very unlikely" and that he is "comfortable" with what he is doing.

What he's said is "I have no plans to run", which is different from "I am not running."
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 11:17:22 PM »

I don't recall him ever saying that he wont rule it out. All I have heard him say is that it is "very unlikely" and that he is "comfortable" with what he is doing.

What he's said is "I have no plans to run", which is different from "I am not running."

Fair enough, now why exactly would he make such plans if he is "enjoying where he is at"?

Andrew
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 11:31:56 PM »

Just two years ago, almost everyone admitted that [Gore] was fat, balding and off his rocker yelling things like "HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS" and endorsing nutty Dean.
"Gore is insane" is a popular Republican talking point.  That doesn't mean it's the general consensus.

Bush did play on our fears, by the way, and he continues to do so.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 11:39:31 PM »

Just two years ago, almost everyone admitted that [Gore] was fat, balding and off his rocker yelling things like "HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS" and endorsing nutty Dean.
"Gore is insane" is a popular Republican talking point.  That doesn't mean it's the general consensus.

It seems to me that the last two elections were won on Republican talking points so I wouldn't dismiss them so easily.  The "Gore is insane" point will ring truer than Gore should be our next president for many people I know.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 11:41:51 PM »

Why? It's odd. Just two years ago, almost everyone admitted that he was fat, balding and off his rocker yelling things like "HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS" and endorsing nutty Dean. Now you suddenly think he will run again *which I doubt he will* and be electable? If he lost in 2000...he won't be President.

If everyone says it, it must be true--especially when they're fed their news like cattle from the same six (at most) places.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »

It seems to me that the last two elections were won on Republican talking points so I wouldn't dismiss them so easily.  The "Gore is insane" point will ring truer than Gore should be our next president for many people I know.

What?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 06:50:27 PM »

I would definately support a Gore run... if he won it might get things a bit closer to where they should be (personally I do as well believe that he won in 2000... I'm still just a bit angry about that especially seeing the prez that we got out of it)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies