New Quinnipac Poll for Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:53:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  New Quinnipac Poll for Florida
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Quinnipac Poll for Florida  (Read 1122 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2004, 08:08:19 AM »
« edited: June 29, 2004, 08:08:37 AM by MODU »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040629/ap_on_el_pr/florida_poll&cid=694&ncid=716

Vorlon,

You seem to be able to find the details for these polls quicker than any of us.  Smiley  Here's the article off of Yahoo.  Says Kerry is ahead by 2 points.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 08:21:49 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2004, 08:22:56 AM by The Vorlon »

Click for full details of poll
millwx

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 08:29:47 AM »

Hey Vorlon, I'd love to hear your take on this one.

On the one hand, it's a summertime (read: Non-Mason-Dixon), uni poll in an already tough to poll state.  Yuck.

On the other hand, unlike most uni polls, these guys did use a fairly healthy sample size.

So... good sign for Kerry, or just a poor poll?
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 09:03:18 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2004, 11:55:12 AM by The Vorlon »

These are the "Big Q" results reweighted to reflect actual voter registration data:

This sample is quite "off" but in erratic ways.  Some of the erraticness cuts one way, some of it the other way.

A lot of things are wrong with this poll.

There are too many blacks, not enough hispanics and whites, too few women, and the sample is a tad too democratic.  Nothing is "hugely" out, but just about everything is out enough for me to get jumpy on trying to read anything into this one.

I guess my comment on this is that it is a Uni-poll, done in the Summer, by trainee student pollsters, in a state the Quinnipiac has not polled before, in a State that is a real total ^&^$%@!! to poll.

When I reweight everything for gender, race, partisan ID etc, I keeps coming out either even or Bush +1, in the head to head (except for male/female which goes the other way) so if I had to I'd call this poll a tie, but I'd rather just toss this poll out all together. Wink

Jeb Bush at 46% approval is waaaaay low which makes me "guess" this sample leans left, but there are too may mismatches going both left and right to be certain of anything.

Quinnipiac has been a tad erratic this year.  They had a Pennsylvania sample about 3 months ago that was a real mess also.

Where is Mason-Dixon when you need them ...? Smiley

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 12:00:09 PM »

If you further refine this (based on historical turnout models) after you correction, I believe you would find that among likely voters, Bush leads Kerry 47.52 to 45.02, a two and a half per cent advantage.
khirkhib

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 04:16:11 AM »

With this poll factored in Florida should become a toss-up again in the polling section.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies