Office of the Chief of Staff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:26:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Chief of Staff
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Chief of Staff  (Read 3019 times)
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2006, 06:43:19 PM »

Yates
Press Secretary and Chief of Staff
President Cynic

I have established this office as a public means by which every Atlasian may contact me.  In this capacity, I will assist the President in handling the everyday affairs of his Office, including dealing with the press, serving as a middle man between him and the Atlasian people, and helping to ensure that the Cabinet officials are able to have an effective relationship with the President.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:00:45 PM »

Hopefully you can provide some dignity and purpose to this office, unlike the last Chief of Staff. Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:48:24 PM »

Hopefully you can provide some dignity and purpose to this office, unlike the last Chief of Staff. Wink

No one, I repeat, NO ONE can replace Chief of Staff Mike Naso.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 09:49:20 PM »

That may be, but I need an assistant, and I'm not exactly in agreement with most of what Mike Naso says.
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:47:20 PM »

The White House
Nyman

Good afternoon.  I have two things to discuss with the press this afternoon.

First, it should be known that the President and his administration wholeheartedly condemn recent illegal actions taken by some in order to get elected.  President Cynic believes in a fair, democratic process, and frowns upon those who try and cheat their way through it.

Also, I am pleased to announce that President Cynic's Reform Atlasia Plan is nearing comletion, and will be unveiled ahead of schedule.

Thank you.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »

Would the press secretary be able to give us any details on when this plan will be released?
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 07:01:05 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2006, 07:25:16 PM by Yates »

The President intends to unveil the plan after the confirmation hearings, but that may change.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 03:17:13 PM »

First off, kudos to the new Press Secretary/Chief of Staff. Best of luck.

Second, in the absence of any journalists, I'd like to a few questions of the new administration pointman.

Specifically, has the administration already determined that illegal actions occured during the election. If so, could you please detail what the illegal actions were and who committed them?

Also, when was the President's Reform Plan originally due to be unveiled?
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 05:22:28 PM »

Thank you, Jas.

The Cynic Administration is interested soley in justice, and we are merely investigating possible illegal action on the part of DownWithTheLeft.  Even so, the President wishes to express his disappointement with the desperation shown by DownWithTheLeft.  If the Supreme Court determines that he, being DownWithTheLeft, committeed a felony, then so be it.  If the Court decides that he is not guilty, then so be it as well.

Also, the Reform Atlasia Plan was originially scheduled to be introduced just prior to the Christmas holiday.

Thank you.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 05:36:05 PM »

Is it true that given recent statements by various officials (1, 2, 3) and rumours that the cabinet has effectively rejected the President's reform plan that in fact the Cabinet has no confidence in its new Chief Executive?
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 05:45:33 PM »

Is it true that given recent statements by various officials (1, 2, 3) and rumours that the cabinet has effectively rejected the President's reform plan that in fact the Cabinet has no confidence in its new Chief Executive?

Thank you, Peter.

In response to the three posts which you cited, I do not believe that they show anything more than some disagreement over the President's selection for Vice President.  The President does not wish to have a "Yes" cabinet; he wishes to have a cabinet which challenges him and, at times, plays Devil's Advocate.

As to the second part of your question, I have not heard the rumors you have heard that the cabinet has effectively rejected the Reform Atlasia.  I do not know enough about the specifics of these rumors, but I can say with confidence that no such rejection has taken place, and I can assure you that the assertion that the cabinet has no confidence in President Cynic is simply false.

Thank you.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 07:15:41 PM »

What is the President's position on the insanity in the Midwest, aka "Governor for Life" Verin and his attempt to secede the State of New Mexico?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 04:32:24 PM »

On the same topic as Peter's question, the President stated yesterday:
Governor Naso may not have any jurisdiction in the midwest, but I sure as hell do. If this kind of thing is continued, I will ask Boss Tweed to bring a lawsuit. Failing that, I will be forced, and this is something I really DON'T want to do, to put this to rest once and for all through force.

Could I ask the Press Secretary to give an update on the situation?
Specifically, does the administration still intend to bring a lawsuit and at what stage are such proceedings (if they exist) at?
I would also be particularly interested in any details regarding the nature and timing with which such force would operate.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 04:41:25 PM »

Thank you, Peter.

In response to the three posts which you cited, I do not believe that they show anything more than some disagreement over the President's selection for Vice President.  The President does not wish to have a "Yes" cabinet; he wishes to have a cabinet which challenges him and, at times, plays Devil's Advocate.

As a follow-up question, does the President believe that in this case his cabinet colleagues are playing 'Devil's Advocate'?
Indeed, does he believe that his colleagues would vote in favour of TD's confirmation?
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 06:12:25 PM »

Regarding the situation in the Midwest, the President believes in democracy and stands firmly against the Governor's actions.  No details will be given regarding potential military action as the President is waiting to see whether or not this issue will be dealt with peacefully.

As to your question, Jas, the President does not require his cabinet members to agree with him on everything, and they are free to disagree on the nomination of True Democrat.  Some would be likely to vote for True Democrat; others against.  If the President was not pleased with the performance of his cabinet members, he would replace them.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 04:19:39 PM »

Regarding the situation in the Midwest, the President believes in democracy and stands firmly against the Governor's actions. 

Could you specify exactly which of the Governor's actions the President opposes?

No details will be given regarding potential military action as the President is waiting to see whether or not this issue will be dealt with peacefully.

Does this represent a guarantee that the President will not use force if the situation in the Midwest remains non-violent (as it has been since this incident began)?
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »

To answer your first question, the President opposes the acquisition of the permanent position of Governor by Ilikeverin.

For your second question, the answer is no.  If democracy is not restored to the Midwest by peaceful measures, the federal government will use force.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 07:23:01 PM »

To answer your first question, the President opposes the acquisition of the permanent position of Governor by Ilikeverin.

Would the President concede though that this was the action of the majority of the Midwestern people and not a malicious usurpation by Governor ilikeverin?

For your second question, the answer is no.  If democracy is not restored to the Midwest by peaceful measures, the federal government will use force.

Is there a time limit on when 'democracy' must be restored to the Midwest?

Can you define what exactly the restoration of democracy would entail given that, at the very least, the Midwestern people still retain powers to propose legislation and constitutional amendments (presumable including measures which would force ilv from office), and that the governorship is still subject to the specificied powers of the Midwestern constitution?

Is the President concerned that this threat could be seen as odd in that his reform plan seeks to destroy the Midwestern region itself?
Yates

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 07:28:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The President believes that this action goes against the principles of democracy, and that this is unacceptable, no matter how it was attained.

There is no exact date.  However, I will give more details about this later if necessary.

The restoration of democracy would entail allowing the people of the Midwest to choose their leader, and not by ruled by a monarch who cannot be voted out of office.

The President believes that so long as we are under the current system of government, we should try to perfect it.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 07:43:10 PM »

The President believes that this action goes against the principles of democracy, and that this is unacceptable, no matter how it was attained.

But would it be fair to say that the majority of voters in the Midwest are just as culpable as Governor ilikeverin, and so presumably shall also be the subject of the President's ire?

There is no exact date.  However, I will give more details about this later if necessary.

Will the President be willing to seek the Senate's support in his proposal to use military force against the Midwest?

The restoration of democracy would entail allowing the people of the Midwest to choose their leader, and not by ruled by a monarch who cannot be voted out of office.

Does the administration not accept that a further proposition or amendment could force ilikeverin out of office?

Is it not clear that the Midwesterners did elect ilikeverin, placing him in his position of power by a peaceful and democratic ballot, placing subject to the checks and balances of the Midwestern Constitution - directly contradicting your above statement?

Does the President feel that invading the Midwestern region and forcing a new leadership upon them would be a more democratic mode of government?

The President believes that so long as we are under the current system of government, we should try to perfect it.

Will the President also propose the use of military force against other democratically taken decisions he disagrees with in the near future, unless he gets his way?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 10:51:48 PM »

Why has the President been so silent in the debate over the Reform Plan? It seems as if he just put some ideas out there and is now watching the hounds tear it every which way. Why have a yet to see the President take either a determined stance or help in the crafting of a plan for reform?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies