True Democrat (Vice President) Confirmation Hearing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:31:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  True Democrat (Vice President) Confirmation Hearing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: True Democrat (Vice President) Confirmation Hearing  (Read 3929 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

The President has nominated True Democrat as Vice President. I, hereby, open the hearing on his nomination

'Hawk'
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 04:03:23 PM »

Are there any questions?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 04:19:51 PM »

I urge the Senate to confirm this nominee.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 04:31:43 PM »

What vices will you concentrate on should you be confirmed?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »

Why did you lead an armed rebellion against the government of Atlasia?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 06:40:39 PM »

What vices will you concentrate on should you be confirmed?

With regard to the Senate, I do not wish to interfere too much.  I will debate when I think it is necessary, but I will leave the actual running of the Senate to the PPT, whoever it may be at any time.  As a Senator, the PPT best knows how to run the Senate most efficiently, so I'll leave it up to him.

My main concern as VP will be to promote the President's agenda, especially with regard to reform/revitalization of Atlasia.  This is something that needs to be fixed.  None of the other issues even matter if activity in Atlasia does not pick up.

I knew this question would come up, and I am glad to answer it.  My armed rebellion against Atlasia was not for the purpose of causing any damage or harm to any forum member.  The sole purposes of pariticipation in these rebellions was fun and to increase activity.  If you will notice, activity on the board during these uprisings is extremely high.  Atlasia is supposed to be somehwere to have fun, not a place with tight rules.  I stress again that I participated in the rebellion only to have fun and increase activity.  I realize   I was wrong to do this, and I am sorry for that.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 09:26:19 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2006, 09:34:09 PM by Senator Dave 'Hawk' PPT »

I urge the Senate to confirm this nominee.

My vote to confirm depends very much on the answer Wink to the following question I have of the nominee:

If confirmed as Vice President, do you intend to stick it out or do a runner should you get bored with it?

Depending on the answer, I'll know then whether to confirm the nominee or not

Dave 'Hawk'
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »

If confirmed as Vice President, do you intend to stick it out or do a runner should you get bored with it?

To the best of my ability, I will plan to stick it out.  I would say I will definitely stick it out, but I cannot.  I know emergency situations may arise, and I may have to resign.  But, I promise to fulfill the duties of the Vice-Presidency to the best of my abilities.  I will not resign unless it is an extreme emergency, and getting bored does not count as an extreme emergency.  In other words, I intend to stick it out.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 09:37:56 PM »

To the best of my ability, I will plan to stick it out.  I would say I will definitely stick it out, but I cannot.  I know emergency situations may arise, and I may have to resign.  But, I promise to fulfill the duties of the Vice-Presidency to the best of my abilities.  I will not resign unless it is an extreme emergency, and getting bored does not count as an extreme emergency.  In other words, I intend to stick it out.

That's all I needed to know. I shall be voting to confirm you Smiley

'Hawk'
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 09:47:31 PM »

I have no questions for the nominee at this time.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 07:45:20 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2006, 08:11:45 AM by Jas »

1. Why do you want the VP job, i.e. what do you intend to do as VP?

2. How would you rate your performances in your prior roles within the game in the past year?

3. How would you reccomend we deal with the ringleaders of any rebellions which may arise whilest you are in federal office?

4. Is the following quote a justification or an apology for your actions?

I knew this question would come up, and I am glad to answer it.  My armed rebellion against Atlasia was not for the purpose of causing any damage or harm to any forum member.  The sole purposes of pariticipation in these rebellions was fun and to increase activity.  If you will notice, activity on the board during these uprisings is extremely high.  Atlasia is supposed to be somehwere to have fun, not a place with tight rules.  I stress again that I participated in the rebellion only to have fun and increase activity.  I realize   I was wrong to do this, and I am sorry for that.

5. What is your opinion of the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act?

6. Do you think DownWithTheLeft should be prosecuted under this legislation?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »

As VP, I hope to represent the administration's views on certain bills in the Senate.  I will do this through debate, though I believe that the PPT should open debate and such.  Also, I hope to attempt to revitalize Atlasia.  The President hopes to increase activity and create more efficiency in Atlasia, and as VP I will get public and Senate support for this plan.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Honestly, I would not rate them well.  My performance in my last few roles has not been very good at all, but as I already answered Senator Hawk, I promise to fulfill the office of the Vice-Presidency to the best of my abilities.  Atlasia is about getting a new start, and that's what I want to do.

We should prosecute these ringleaders to the full extent of the law.  However, we must address the reasons for these rebellions.  I participated in rebellions because I felt the game was getting boring.  I believe that by revitalizing Atlasia and increasing effciiency and fun, we can stop rebellions before they happen.

[/quote]
[/quote]

It was a bit of both.  Again, I apoligize for rebelling against Atlasia.  At the time, I felt that the political process would not allow for true change in Atlasia.  I know realize that I was wrong.  I should never have started the armed rebellion.  However, I also give some justification.  We need to make Atlasia more fun.  However, we can do this through reform and not rebellion.

I fully support the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.

Under my interpretation of the law, DWTL should be prosecuted, but ultimately that decision is up to the President and Attorney General.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »

Question to the PPT, when is the vote on this?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 02:38:37 PM »

As VP, I hope to represent the administration's views on certain bills in the Senate.

This suggests that their will be an 'administration viewpoint' on bills before the Senate. Could you clarify, what constitutes the 'administration viewpoint'?
Is it the President's viewpoint, your own, the cabinet's or a mixture of the above?
Will you be willing to stump for the President even if you personally disagree on certain policy matters?
To your knowledge, what input will you have on the 'administration viewpoint'?

Also, I hope to attempt to revitalize Atlasia.  The President hopes to increase activity and create more efficiency in Atlasia, and as VP I will get public and Senate support for this plan.

Would it be fair to say that this was an aim of yours when you were on the Atlasia Revitilization Committee?
How would you rate the work of the Committee since your departure from it?

3. How would you reccomend we deal with the ringleaders of any rebellions which may arise whilest you are in federal office?

We should prosecute these ringleaders to the full extent of the law. 

Do you believe that it could be considered hypocritical of you to demand such in the event of this happening?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 04:22:56 PM »

As VP, I hope to represent the administration's views on certain bills in the Senate.

This suggests that their will be an 'administration viewpoint' on bills before the Senate. Could you clarify, what constitutes the 'administration viewpoint'?
Is it the President's viewpoint, your own, the cabinet's or a mixture of the above?
Will you be willing to stump for the President even if you personally disagree on certain policy matters?
To your knowledge, what input will you have on the 'administration viewpoint'?

The administration view point will be the executive branch as a whole.  Of course, the President is ultimately in charge of the administration, but I will be consulting the Cabinet also.  I obviously do not match the President perfectly on every issue.  If I disagree with him on something, I will express my disagreement first in private with him, to attempt to compromise.  However, if I feel that the President is greatly going against something I stand for, I will not hesitate to disagree with him.

Would it be fair to say that this was an aim of yours when you were on the Atlasia Revitilization Committee?
How would you rate the work of the Committee since your departure from it?
[/quote]

This was my aim for the Atlasia Revitalization Committee.  However, this committee was ineffective for a couple of reasons.  First, it is primarily my fault it failed.  As the Chairman of the committee, I should have pushed it along, but instead I resigned and did not fulfill my duties.  I am sorry for this.  Second, I believe change must start from inside the government.  Because the committee was not an official government body, it was not effective.

We should prosecute these ringleaders to the full extent of the law.
[/quote]

Do you believe that it could be considered hypocritical of you to demand such in the event of this happening?
[/quote]

I realize it seems hypocritical, but I must stress again that I believe I was wrong in participating in a rebellion.  Once again, I apoligize for this.  However, we must address the reasons for these rebellions.  From personal experience, activity and lack of fun in Atlasia is the reason.  We can only address this by reforming Atlasia.  I understand some Senators' frustrations with my past association with these rebellions, but by excluding and rejecting people such as myself, you only serve to exclude more people from truly participating.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 05:34:42 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2006, 07:11:38 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

Let me remind the Senators that if we had punished everyone who had ever been a part of a rebellion we would have had to punish:

John F. Kennedy
Peter Bell
Gustaf
Emsworth
Andrew Berger
Preston Caldwell
StatesRights
Jake
Keystone Phil
Mike Assad
True Democrat
Ebowed
Speed of Sound
EarlAW
Jerusalemcar
Dr. Cynic
DanielX
Ilikeverin
Afleitch
the entire population of the Midwest
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 05:36:54 PM »

And myself.

Come on everybody own up! Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »

And myself.

Come on everybody own up! Smiley

Which revolt were you in?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 05:42:03 PM »

Midwest brew-ha-ha in October '05. Played petty diplomat eventually and secured a pardon for all those involved.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 07:09:29 PM »

I was in with Earl, too...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 07:11:25 PM »

Ah yes. I'll add you.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 07:17:02 PM »

It just goes to prove that sometimes, rebellion happens... Reminder to everyone, this is a game, and if we were so harsh with rebellious leaders, some of us wouldn't be here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 07:45:57 PM »

In my early days, I briefly launched an invasion on Pennsylvania, before chickening out and settling for West Virginia instead.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 08:30:36 PM »

Let me remind the Senators that if we had punished everyone who had ever been a part of a rebellion we would have had to punish:

John F. Kennedy
Peter Bell
Gustaf
Emsworth
Andrew Berger
Preston Caldwell
StatesRights
Jake
Keystone Phil
Mike Assad
True Democrat
Ebowed
Speed of Sound
EarlAW
Jerusalemcar
Dr. Cynic
DanielX
Ilikeverin
Afleitch
the entire population of the Midwest

Quite, there'd be nobody left Tongue

'Hawk'
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 08:34:22 PM »

Question to the PPT, when is the vote on this?

Well you have answered all questiosn that were asked of you, so how about now Wink

'Hawk'
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies