The White House...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:32:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The White House...  (Read 4426 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 03:10:39 PM »

TD should be in jail for treason, not VP.

I'm prepared to let bygones by bygones, but I do wonder whether he'll actually stick at it?

Dave 'Hawk'
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »

Well, here's hoping that he does... If he doesn't perform in his duties, then he should be impeached... I'm willing to give him a shot. We'll see how it works out.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 07:32:15 PM »

TD should be in jail for treason, not VP.
Indeed. Such actions are to be rewarded with....the spot behind the presidency?!?!? Im afraid I have no choice but to differ with the President on this one.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »

That's also another consideration... I will be asking the Senate to put all of the free trade, and other pork legislation on hold until the Plan is debated, amended, and passed.

That assumes that such a Plan passes.  Since we have a debate slot reserved for Forum Affairs legislation unless this plan is going to require 10 or so bills to pass, I see no reason to hold work on other vital legislation "until the Plan is debated, amended, and passed".

Once the President announces his proposed plan it shall be given priority consideration by the Senate; however, I'm sure the Senate can proceed as normal with the remaining legislative agenda in the meantime

'Hawk'
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 08:21:53 PM »

Thank you.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 01:05:15 AM »

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE WHITE HOUSE

Ladies and gentleman of Atlasia, I am saddened and dismayed by the loss of Akno as SOFA, so soon after he was confirmed. I wish Akno all the best in his future endeavors.

Tonight, I would just like to make a few quick remarks for you. I will be holding interviews for SOFA tommorow, and will likely make my descision that day or the next. I would als like to speak with you a little bit about my Reform Atlasia Plan. I don't know whether or not I had made it clear to you all, and if I didn't, I apologize, but this is only one plan... And it still may be changed and amended. I recieved the impression from some that I just intended to spring the whole thing on you at once, and that is surely not the case. This plan is merely a part one in an epic. Most certainly, there will have to be changes and additions, and new plans from myself and future Presidents. Most prominantly featuring in this plan is my desire for a bicameral legislature, as well as an overhaul and simplification of the budget. It is my hope that reform is continually stressed and pressed during my term, and after two days in office, I can personally garuntee that for the next several months, and if you choose to re-elect me in February, which is a long way off, that I will reform and attempt to save this nation from the brink of implosion.

Thank you, and Goodnight.

PRESIDENT CYNIC
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »

I would like to nominate Gabu for SOFA.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 05:20:14 PM »

An excellent decision!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »

Ladies and Gentleman,

In negotiations with several Atlasians, the administration has officially reached a satisfactory first attempt at reform. Now, I assure you that this is just one plan, and if it doesn't pan out, I am by no means finished. I will be sending it to Senator Hawk for official introduction.

I thank you.

President Cynic .
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2006, 01:29:09 AM »

Ladies and gentleman,

Today, unfortunately, I found out that my career direction, and my relationship with my girlfriend has strained the amount of time I can put into this. Today, I discovered that I will be recieving a full time acting job, and with my relationship with my girlfriend of utmost importance, I find I do not have the time to donate properly to this office and this forum any longer.

I hereby resign the Presidency with great sadness, and hope that you all can come up with a reform plan that you deem satisfactory. If I ever return, it will not be to fantasy politics, as I simply lack the time.

Goodbye my friends.

Lawrence.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2006, 09:06:10 AM »

And so this becomes the month of three Presidents...

Good luck in your future endeavours Lawrence.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2006, 09:52:16 AM »

Not again. . .
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 10:06:10 AM »

Just nominate some VP and resign if you don't want the office. Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2006, 10:22:55 AM »

Ladies and gentleman,

Today, unfortunately, I found out that my career direction, and my relationship with my girlfriend has strained the amount of time I can put into this. Today, I discovered that I will be recieving a full time acting job, and with my relationship with my girlfriend of utmost importance, I find I do not have the time to donate properly to this office and this forum any longer.

I hereby resign the Presidency with great sadness, and hope that you all can come up with a reform plan that you deem satisfactory. If I ever return, it will not be to fantasy politics, as I simply lack the time.

Goodbye my friends.

Lawrence.

Goodbye Lawrence, best of luck to you in your job and with your girlfriend. Take Care.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2006, 11:01:29 AM »

Ladies and gentleman,

Goodbye my friends.

Lawrence.

I wish you the all the very best Lawrence

Dave 'Hawk'
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2006, 11:03:17 AM »

Good luck.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 11:12:15 AM »

Ladies and gentleman,

Goodbye my friends.

Lawrence.

Well best of luck to you and I wish you and your girlfriend well.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 11:42:39 AM »

And so this becomes the month of three Presidents...

Well Rome had the Year of Four Emperors we can have the Month of Three Presidents. Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2006, 12:48:40 PM »

Best of luck Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies