The White House...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:49:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The White House...  (Read 4429 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »

Ladies and Gentleman,

It was only in September of this year that I took the oath of office for the first time in my long career on this forum. I'm even surprised by how fast I went from Senator to Vice President, and now, unfortunately, President of the Republic.

Al had long awaited the office, and after finally recieving it, could spend only one month before seeing that there was a problem that in order for him to solve, it would require him to sacrifice a position that he has long deserved.

In asking for advice, Al told me that the President's only job is to Appoint trustworthy officers, Sign and Veto legislation, and ocassionally pontificate. However, like Al, I see a problem before this nation, and rather than sit back and laze away as the Republic collapses around our ears, I'm going to at least go out standing and fighting for reform, and an effort to save the Republic.

Within one week's time, I will personally address the Senate with a Plan to save Atlasia. It will require reform, and if necessary amendments to the Constitution. It will be in their charge however, to bring about necessary amnedments to what will probably be an imperfect plan.

Also, every evening in which I'm available, I will address the nation in what we call a Fireside Chat.

Hopefully together, we can make another ditch effort to save the Republic. And true to my spirit, it will require reform. I will be talking to Senators individually in a few moments, and try to get myself sorted out, and exert my brand on the Presidency whether or not, I run for re-election, or I entrust another to carry on the reform.

I thank you, and leave you tonight with this reminder that has also come to describe my Atlasian career:

"Even the biggest and craziest dreams can still come true."

Goodnight, and peace to Atlasia.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 08:50:27 PM »

Well I would like to thank the President for his vim and vigour concerning reform to the systems in place in Atlasia. I would be willing to help and work with you in any way to make sure that a new system is implemented and I'm sure, especially with your prodding and the situation that is unfolding around us, that the Senate will make the necessary reforms.

Also, every evening in which I'm available, I will address the nation in what we call a Fireside Chat.

Alright FDR. Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 08:52:58 PM »

While I am not happy with the current course of events, I believe we have been offered a new start, we'd be mad not to grasp it and I wish you well in filling a demanding job Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:56:29 PM »

Congratulations on your elevation to the Presidency sir Smiley. I'm such an agreeable person, you and I shall get along just fine Wink

Dave 'Hawk'
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:03:33 PM »

Colin, I thought you'd like that.

I thank all of you for your well wishes, and I believe in attacking this head on. As I said, I will be presenting a proposal to the Senate in a week's time, and all of your ideas are going to be well considered.

I will also announce that I will be keeping all of Al's current cabinet intact, and I am still looking for a VP... As soon as I get one, I will nominate them, and continue to work with the rest of the government in assuming my new responsibilities.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 09:06:09 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good choice Mr President. We wouldn't have to go through all that again Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 09:07:41 PM »

I didn't get this far in less than six months because I was stupid, lol... Besides, I believe it to be in the best interests of the nation.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »

I didn't get this far in less than six months because I was stupid, lol... Besides, I believe it to be in the best interests of the nation.

That's not what I was implying, far from it - I was just saying it was better not to trouble the Senate with a weeks worth of nomination and debate so soon after the last Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 09:14:48 PM »

That's also another consideration... I will be asking the Senate to put all of the free trade, and other pork legislation on hold until the Plan is debated, amended, and passed.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 09:18:25 PM »

That's also another consideration... I will be asking the Senate to put all of the free trade, and other pork legislation on hold until the Plan is debated, amended, and passed.

I like the sound of this 'plan' - I have discussed something with Colin that hopes to do something similar. I will hold off from piecing it together until you announce; hopefully parts of it will overlap Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 09:24:17 PM »

I am hopeful of that, however, I would encourage the both of you to send me bits and pieces, so that I may have other ideas to work off of.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 09:28:27 PM »

I am hopeful of that, however, I would encourage the both of you to send me bits and pieces, so that I may have other ideas to work off of.

No problem. I know swathes of the constitition may have to be adjusted depending on the changes implemented but it would be worth it- sometimes it is better to dive than to stick your toes in the water and hopefully the whole of Atlasia will be willing to do that Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 09:33:33 PM »

I'm not giving up until I either:

A) Am forced to leave office

Or

B) Have Reform implemented
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 09:33:53 PM »

No problem. I know swathes of the constitition may have to be adjusted depending on the changes implemented but it would be worth it- sometimes it is better to dive than to stick your toes in the water and hopefully the whole of Atlasia will be willing to do that Smiley

Well at this point I don't think its an option. We either go whole hog or we continue the slow decline that has been completely obvious in recent Atlasian history.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 09:40:43 PM »

Well at this point I don't think its an option. We either go whole hog or we continue the slow decline that has been completely obvious in recent Atlasian history.

True. I also think once the case is made it should be promoted. I know there are some who think we just need more participation and that nothing needs changed so we have to qualm any fears. Once something different is up and running, I think the 'shock of the new' will subside and actually get people excited rather than just interested.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 09:48:41 PM »

That assumes that such a Plan passes.  Since we have a debate slot reserved for Forum Affairs legislation unless this plan is going to require 10 or so bills to pass, I see no reason to hold work on other vital legislation "until the Plan is debated, amended, and passed".
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 09:49:27 PM »

I'm working on the plan now, and still considering VP options... (Those interested may apply in PM to me, lol)

I'm working with it on wordpad, and I would also ask anyone who knows how to work on changing colors and fonts, I ask for your tutorial expirience.

Or better yet, I will ask for every member of the Senate's e-mail, and will send you all the plan myself... The PPT should be able to post it as it appears... I hope, lol.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 09:50:55 PM »

That assumes that such a Plan passes.  Since we have a debate slot reserved for Forum Affairs legislation unless this plan is going to require 10 or so bills to pass, I see no reason to hold work on other vital legislation "until the Plan is debated, amended, and passed".

Considering that it may even require constitutional amendments, I'll make no garuntees... However, I won't even be finished for a week at least... I'm not asking the Senate to stop now at all.
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 11:51:08 PM »

Good luck Mr. President and congrats on advancing so far in just a few months.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 11:53:26 PM »

I thank you for your well wishes... In fact, we came to the Senate together if you recall, Brandon.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 12:24:00 AM »

I will be announcing my choice for Vice President in the morning. I thank those who expressed interest in the job, and that it was a difficult descision for me.

This is by no means me trying to slight someone who expressed interest, but we all know that choices must be made.

Once again, I thank those who expressed interest.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2006, 01:48:53 PM by The President of Cynical Idealisim »

I have made my descision on my possible Vice-President.

Now, there were quite a few people who I considered serious contenders, but of them, there were ultimately two that were main contenders.

Both individuals applications were very well done, and it presented me with quite a challenge. So, after great consideration and careful deliberation, I have decided to officially nominate True Democrat as my Vice-President. In the end, his expirience and what I believe to be his true devotion to Atlasian Reform won out.

The other frontrunner, Yates... I will not leave you high and dry. I appoint you as my Press Secretary and Chief of Staff. (What the job will require, I will send you in a PM...)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »

Thank you Mr. President.  I happily accept this nomination and look forward to serving.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 02:48:25 PM »

Congratulations on your appointment, True Democrat. 

Mr. President, I will be honored to serve in this capacity.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 03:04:29 PM »

TD should be in jail for treason, not VP.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies