In Maine, Allen May Challenge Collins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  In Maine, Allen May Challenge Collins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: In Maine, Allen May Challenge Collins  (Read 4451 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 10:40:27 AM »

Oklahoma is a very conservative state, despite being in a leftward moving state Tancredo is in a very conservative district. .....

Please do not misunderstand my sentiments as a lack of understanding of basic political principles.  I completely understand why you run and support candidates against moderate Republicans in swing districts.  However, given that you are the ones who have destroyed my political heroes, and made a further takeover of the Republican party by out-of-touch, out-of-their-mind extremists, I really have no one else to be mad at but your party.

I know, I said it mainly in jest, but your anger is a bit displaced.  Shouldn't you be mad at your own party for being taken over by the out-of-touch, out-of-their-mind extremists??

Yes, but there isn't much I can do about them, given that you people keep taking down folks like Chafee, Johnson, Simmons.  Hell, the extremists consider your win to be a victory for them... I got an e-mail from the ACU saying "Last month, the American people went to the polls, turned about two dozen RINOs OUT OF office and DEMANDED conservative government!".  And the e-mail goes on to say that Talent, Santorum, and Allen lost because they were guilty by association with the "RINOs".

Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 11:04:18 AM »

Hey, thanks for letting me know how I can include the word
F#*k off." in this forum without the damn censors getting in the way.

Grin

Not on my watch Grin
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 11:39:07 AM »

Is there a reason why everyone here seems to have become a Massachusetts Republican?  Gabu, BRTD...?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2006, 01:09:15 PM »

I think it's in reply to someone's post that John Kerry should be a GOP target in 2008.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 04:22:51 PM »

Oklahoma is a very conservative state, despite being in a leftward moving state Tancredo is in a very conservative district. .....

Please do not misunderstand my sentiments as a lack of understanding of basic political principles.  I completely understand why you run and support candidates against moderate Republicans in swing districts.  However, given that you are the ones who have destroyed my political heroes, and made a further takeover of the Republican party by out-of-touch, out-of-their-mind extremists, I really have no one else to be mad at but your party.

I know, I said it mainly in jest, but your anger is a bit displaced.  Shouldn't you be mad at your own party for being taken over by the out-of-touch, out-of-their-mind extremists??

Yes, but there isn't much I can do about them, given that you people keep taking down folks like Chafee, Johnson, Simmons.  Hell, the extremists consider your win to be a victory for them... I got an e-mail from the ACU saying "Last month, the American people went to the polls, turned about two dozen RINOs OUT OF office and DEMANDED conservative government!".  And the e-mail goes on to say that Talent, Santorum, and Allen lost because they were guilty by association with the "RINOs".

What do you expect us to do then?  not have a serious challenge for the moderates and leave the extremists in the majority??  Its not our fault that the far right in your party is so out of their mind insane that they think a loss means to become even more insane.  Thats the psychopaths in your own party's fault, not ours.
Deano963

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 06:17:17 PM »

However, given that you are the ones who have destroyed my political heroes, and made a further takeover of the Republican party by out-of-touch, out-of-their-mind extremists, I really have no one else to be mad at but your party.

That logic needs a ton of work. You "have no one else to be mad at" but the Democrats? How about you get at those out-of-tocuh, out-of-their-mind extremist you claim to despise so much? Those people are the ones who put such a bad face on your party through their corruption, extremism, scandals and incompetence that it was possible for the Democrats to nationalize the election around them and take out so many of your political heroes.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 06:29:31 PM »

I think it's in reply to someone's post that John Kerry should be a GOP target in 2008.

dazzleman said that he likes every Massachusetts Republican.  Everett and I put on R-MA avatars as a joke and other people decided to join in.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 08:41:54 PM »

Correct.

And there is no way in hell I'd ever support any Republican over Kerry.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies