Bob Casey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:39:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bob Casey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do any Dems or left leaning Independents feel like they missed out on someone better?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Bob Casey  (Read 10803 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2006, 03:21:55 PM »

He doesn't need to go out and convince all the voters, just those who are politically important.  He'll work harder to get party people on his side this time.  He'll also start early and quickly.  Toomey wasn't taken seriously, which is what made him so dangerous (from Specter's POV) in the final couple of weeks.  Plus, he will use the Santorum loss to good effect, making the argument that a dyed-in-the-wool conservative can't win this state anymore.  Trust me, he'll be an easy sell in '10... worst he'll do is 60%

The politically important were already on his side. He doesn't need to work harder with party people since he has most of them in his control.

I understand the anti-Santorum message he'd use but I don't know how much that will do. Conservatives really don't like the man and using an argument like that, while possible politically smart, could really energize the base against him.

We still have some time though. I really hope Toomey or somebody at least runs against him and I think we both can agree that Toomey or probably anyone else will be better than Specter.

Please run Toomey.. NO really Phil, I'm begging you!  All I have to say is US Senator Allyson Schwartz (D-PA, 2011-?Huh)

Your immaturity and insanely arrogant behavior is exactly why we get into brawls here. You are getting way too confident about Schwartz with the whole "Oh my God! Schwartz (2011-The second coming of Christ)! She's my girrrrrl!"

And you are about Toomey.

I'm not saying he is a guarenteed win so I don't know what you're getting at.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2006, 09:29:10 PM »

At the end of the day all that should matter to progressives be they liberal or populist is that Santorum was safely despatched by Casey

And don't lose sight of the fact the Democrats picked-up 4 important PA House seats too, which they may not otherwise would have won, PA-04 and PA-10, possibly, in particular

I didn't expect Casey to win 59-41 but he did. And its time to appreciate that he did

Rendell was always going to toast Swann but gubernatorial elections can often be a different dynamic down the ballot than senate races in terms of impacting congressional districts

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2006, 09:56:54 PM »

And don't lose sight of the fact the Democrats picked-up 4 important PA House seats too, which they may not otherwise would have won, PA-04 and PA-10, possibly, in particular

You would have won 10 regardless but I'm sure Casey helped out a good deal there. The 4th probably would have went with Hart had it not been for Casey. The Altmire victory was weird enough. Add on that margin and you know that the top of the ticket helped.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »

Flyers, you need to get over this. Hoeffel would not have beaten Santorum, Casey was the right guy in the right time. We have a Democratic Senate, be thankful for it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2006, 03:35:18 PM »

Flyers, you need to get over this. Hoeffel would not have beaten Santorum, Casey was the right guy in the right time. We have a Democratic Senate, be thankful for it.

Hoeffel would have won.  SEPA would have pretty much been the same regardless if it was Hoeffel or Casey.  the beat down Santorum took in SEPA was so bad, that he would have had to win the rest of the state by 17 points in order to win the race.

casey won the rest of the state by just under 9 points.  Their is no way a 9 point Casey win in the rest of the state turns into a 17 point Santorum win if he faced Hoeffel, especially considering in 2004 Bush won the rest of the state by about half that, 9 points, in a much more friendly GOP year.  i do agree that PA-4 may not have flipped without Casey on the ticket, but the others would have still gone Dem, and Santorum would have still lost.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2006, 03:54:50 PM »

My prediction:

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52%
Santorum (R) 47%
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2006, 04:10:26 PM »

My prediction:

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52%
Santorum (R) 47%

What happened to the other 1%?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2006, 12:23:01 AM »

In any case, it's time to find the next Republican to Santorumize. I nominate the pro-war anti-stem cell research phone jammer from New Hampshire, John Sununu.

Wow... that's the closest I think we will ever get to an honest admition that turning Santorum into Dr. Evil was a deliberate, politically motivated effort and not simply because "He is terrible".  You guys even have a word for it now "Santorumize".

I love how you act as if jfern represents all liberals nationwide.  Now I don't believe he was trying to convey the message you interpreted, but it is still funny to see you act as if you have some kind of proof of liberal horrors because a random liberal posted a random comment on a forum.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2006, 03:19:53 PM »

I found the disparities between the Casey and Rendell percentages fascinating, so I made a map:

Casey lead:

Less than 1 percent: D>30%
Less than 5 percent: D>50%
Less than 10 percent: D>70%

Rendell lead:

Less than 1 percent: R>30%
Less than 5 percent: R>50%
Less than 10 percent: R>70%
Greater than 10 percent: R>90%
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2006, 03:42:53 PM »

My prediction:

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52%
Santorum (R) 47%

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52.54%
Santorum (R) 47.46%

Happy?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2006, 03:45:48 PM »

My prediction:

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52%
Santorum (R) 47%

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52.54%
Santorum (R) 47.46%

Happy?

Isn't that 53%-47%? LOL. Doesn't really matter.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2007, 03:36:18 AM »

My prediction:

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52%
Santorum (R) 47%

They put a bag over their heads and sufficated themselves
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »

My prediction:

PENNSYLVANIA SENATE
Hoeffel (D) 52%
Santorum (R) 47%

They put a bag over their heads and sufficated themselves
Better than voting Libertarian. Tongue Oh. Snap.
Conan
conan

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2007, 04:43:49 PM »

We could have nominated Mayor Street and got this seat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »

Oh...oh wow. You do realize that even Flyers would agree that Santorum would easily win, right?
Conan
conan

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2007, 04:54:57 PM »

Oh...oh wow. You do realize that even Flyers would agree that Santorum would easily win, right?
That was a joke but we could have nominated any of the congressmen/women (not from Philadelphia) and won.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2007, 01:21:47 AM »

That was a joke but we could have nominated any of the congressmen/women (not from Philadelphia) and won.

Schwartz could have won, but not Brady or Fattah.  Do you mean Phila. proper or Phila. area?  Brady's lack of education would kill him in the suburbs and Fattah.. well, let's just say he's like street.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies