Kennedy killed by Cuba, says ex-agent
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:09:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Kennedy killed by Cuba, says ex-agent
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kennedy killed by Cuba, says ex-agent  (Read 2216 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2006, 09:47:17 AM »

Hmmm. A bit dubious, but then, let's face it, so is any theory which states that Oswald didn't act alone. Still worth a read though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4582488.stm

JFK assassination 'was Cuba plot' 

A new documentary exploring the death of John F Kennedy claims his assassin was directed and paid by Cuba.

Rendezvous with Death, based on new evidence from Cuban, Russian and US sources, took three years to research.

One source, ex-Cuban agent Oscar Marino, said Havana had exploited Lee Harvey Oswald, who was arrested but shot dead before he could be tried.

Conspiracy theories on the killing have variously accused Cuba, Russia and the US of acting alone or jointly.

According to Oscar Marino, the Cubans wanted Kennedy dead because he opposed the revolution and allegedly sought to have its leader Fidel Castro killed.

Mr Marino told film director Wilfried Huismann that he knew for certain the assassination was an operation run by the Cuban secret service G2, but he declined to say whether it had been ordered by Mr Castro.

Cuban intelligence made contact with Oswald after being alerted by the Russian KGB in 1962 when he returned to the US after living in the Soviet Union for three years, Cuban and Russian sources say.

"He [Oswald] was so full of hate, he had the idea. We used him," Mr Marino said.

A possible Cuban connection was investigated by the US immediately after Kennedy's death.

But an FBI officer sent to follow the Oswald's trail during a visit to Mexico was recalled after only three days and the investigation called off.

Laurence Keenan, now 81, said it was "perhaps the worst investigation the FBI was ever involved in".

"I realised that I was used. I felt ashamed. We missed a moment in history," Mr Keenan said.

Veteran US official Alexander Haig told the filmmaker that Kennedy's successor, Lyndon B Johnson, believed Cuba was to blame and feared a pronounced swing to the right if the truth were known that would keep the Democrats out of power for a long time.

Mr Haig - a US military adviser at the time and later a secretary of state - told the filmmakers Johnson said: "We must simply not allow the American people to believe Fidel Castro could have killed our president."

"He [Johnson] was convinced Castro killed Kennedy and he took it to his grave."

John F Kennedy, the 35th US president, was assassinated as his motorcade drove through Dallas in November 1963.

Lee Harvey Oswald, an ex-marine sharpshooter who worked in a book warehouse overlooking the assassination, was arrested but killed shortly afterwards.

He had a Russian wife, called himself a Communist and agitated on behalf of Castro's Cuba.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 10:34:50 AM »

Why are people still so obsessed about this? Serious question actually.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:03:23 AM »

Because we dont know the actual motive behind the killing. Even if Oswald did it alone (I personally believe he did it alone but ordered by the mob) why did Ruby murder Oswald?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »

I've always felt that way and not just because I didn't like him. Why not we pay attention to the possible conspiracy behind the killing of America's most popular President - James Garfield  Tongue
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 04:39:28 PM »

Yeah, well... I think LBJ did it... I think he and J. Edgar Hoover did it together...

Honestly, nobody will ever know.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 05:37:50 PM »

Yeah, well... I think LBJ did it... I think he and J. Edgar Hoover did it together...

I think everyone thinks that their least favorite people of that time period did it. Tongue
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 06:33:37 PM »

That's probably right.

The fact is, most evidence points to Oswald pulling the trigger... Just, no one knows why.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 06:21:10 AM »

I think it's like Statesrights said, there are still question marks about it. Plus it was a watershed event; just look at the myriad of alternate history scenarios out there.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 07:49:16 AM »

I think everyone thinks that their least favorite people of that time period did it. Tongue

Indeed.  I think it was a bookshop owner in Topeka, Kansas.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies