2024 after two terms of Hillary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:48:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 after two terms of Hillary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 after two terms of Hillary  (Read 652 times)
BigVic
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2022, 09:09:32 PM »

If Hillary had served two terms between 2017 and 2025 who’d be the candidates for the Democrat and Republicans and who’d win?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 09:55:11 PM »

Tim Kaine might not run in 2024. The fact he took himself out of contention in 2020 IRL immediately tells me he wasn't really interested in being President.

So, my guess is someone from the progressive wing runs (probably Warren, or possibly Baldwin or Brown, both of whom likely would have lost in 2018 and would be free to run without risking a Senate seat) and wins the nomination.

For the Republicans, Trump likely would have lost twice to Hillary, so I'm not sure he'd be nominated a third a time (if only because I don't think his ego would take a possible third loss). Most likely, Republicans nominate DeSantis (still wins in 2018 in our universe) or possibly Cruz (who would be seen as next in line as the runner up in 2016) or possibly the runner up in 2020 if that person didn't also run in 2016.

The winner would probably be the Republican candidate, but I wouldn't completely rule out a Democrat winning, especially if Cruz is the nominee.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 10:04:29 AM »

16 years of straight Democratic rule in the White House brings both party fatigue like no other, and a GOP landslide with either DeSantis, Cruz or perhaps even Rubio being inaugurated on January 20, 2025

The Democratic nominee would probably be Vice President Tim Kaine (ew) or some other generic centrist
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies