31 members of Patriot Front, a white supremacist group, charged w/ conspiracy to riot at Pride event
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:30:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  31 members of Patriot Front, a white supremacist group, charged w/ conspiracy to riot at Pride event
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 31 members of Patriot Front, a white supremacist group, charged w/ conspiracy to riot at Pride event  (Read 1861 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2022, 06:55:46 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-supremacists-from-patriot-front-detained-en-masse-near-idaho-pride-event

Dozens of masked members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front were arrested late Saturday as they prepared to stage a riot near a Pride event in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White told reporters at least 31 individuals affiliated with the group were in police custody and charged with conspiracy to riot.

The group had traveled from all over the country to sow chaos during the LGBT event, White said. Law enforcement was quick to derail the group's plans, he said, thanks to “one concerned citizen.”

“They had shields, shin guards, and other riot gear with them, including at least one smoke grenade,” White said, adding that paperwork including an apparent “operations plan” had also been found in the group’s U-Haul. It was not immediately clear if they had any firearms.
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 07:12:51 PM »

It's ok, a cis straight man told me he wasn't worried about anything bad happening at Pride this year.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 07:28:27 PM »

Really quite alarming how fascist scum like this feel increasingly emboldened to act out their violent fantasies, and unfortunately far too much of the country doesn't realize how rapidly things are getting out of hand.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 07:30:56 PM »

Thank god that this was able to be stopped in due time. This would’ve been an obviously horrible event had violence occurred. Somehow part of me is surprised that Couer d’Alene actually significantly acted against them, given the area’s not particularly socially progressive reputation.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 07:34:19 PM »

They still exist?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 07:35:08 PM »

But BLM!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 08:06:24 PM »

Karma.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 09:28:38 PM »

But why?
What the hell is a pride event, to a white supremacist group?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2022, 09:29:40 PM »

But why?

All the -isms and -phobias tend to run together.

(More specifically, white supremacy tends to correlate with a supremacist and violent view of gender and sexuality.)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2022, 10:21:44 PM »

No worse than what many antifa scum have done
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2022, 10:26:30 PM »

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2022, 02:05:53 AM »

Okay but two wrongs don't make a right. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but, Antifa hasn't had a riot of note in almost 2 years. If they have and I forgot, I would still note that the number and severity of Antifa actions pales in comparison to the number of far right marches, failed attempts at violent actions / terrorist attacks, and of course mass shootings (replacement theory or anti-jew or anti-LGBTQ). "But Antifa" is a cop-out.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2022, 04:45:25 AM »

When did antifa last threaten a pride parade?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2022, 05:16:21 AM »

I'm shocked that Couer d'Alene even has a pride. Northern Idaho is an insane area.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2022, 06:50:44 AM »

I wonder if there are any users here in the USGD board who find it ironic that Pride Month is a celebration and a commemoration of a violent riot?

I first learned about Pride Weekend about 39 years ago (back then, the Pride events were just on a weekend, not yet an entire week, or an entire month), when I was attending weekly meetings of the St. Louis Gay Youth Group (called Growing American Youth). The leader/facilitator of those meetings explained when and why Pride Weekend started, that it was an approximate anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in Greenwich Village, NYC -- violent riots that started June 28, 1969. And when I learned about it, I wasn't exactly thrilled about it. I even remember telling a couple of other guys at the meeting that I did not want to "celebrate" an anniversary of a violent riot where people - on both sides - were injured. One or two of the other guys I spoke to about it said they agreed with me.

Be that as it may, remember that, on this issue, violent rioters can be, they ARE, venerated and honored because they were fighting for a righteous cause. They are treated as if they were like our Founding Fathers, rebelling against British tyranny, with the NY State penal code - pertaining to "sodomy" - and the NYPD being like the British government and the Redcoats.

I'm not comparing the Stonewall Rioters of 53 years ago to the Patriot Front of today, but don't belittle them just because they are violent rioters; belittle them because of what they're fighting for.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2022, 11:16:19 AM »

Are you defending white supremacists because you're also a white supremacist?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2022, 12:38:51 PM »

I wonder if there are any users here in the USGD board who find it ironic that Pride Month is a celebration and a commemoration of a violent riot?

I first learned about Pride Weekend about 39 years ago (back then, the Pride events were just on a weekend, not yet an entire week, or an entire month), when I was attending weekly meetings of the St. Louis Gay Youth Group (called Growing American Youth). The leader/facilitator of those meetings explained when and why Pride Weekend started, that it was an approximate anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in Greenwich Village, NYC -- violent riots that started June 28, 1969. And when I learned about it, I wasn't exactly thrilled about it. I even remember telling a couple of other guys at the meeting that I did not want to "celebrate" an anniversary of a violent riot where people - on both sides - were injured. One or two of the other guys I spoke to about it said they agreed with me.

Be that as it may, remember that, on this issue, violent rioters can be, they ARE, venerated and honored because they were fighting for a righteous cause. They are treated as if they were like our Founding Fathers, rebelling against British tyranny, with the NY State penal code - pertaining to "sodomy" - and the NYPD being like the British government and the Redcoats.

I'm not comparing the Stonewall Rioters of 53 years ago to the Patriot Front of today, but don't belittle them just because they are violent rioters; belittle them because of what they're fighting for.

The stunning revelation that violence in direct self-defense is different from gratuitous violence against the innocent.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »

But why?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2022, 01:26:13 PM »

Do they not realize how ridiculous they look?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2022, 01:29:48 PM »

Do they not realize how ridiculous they look?

They do not.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2022, 01:36:30 PM »

Probably at least 25 of them are feds informing on each other, but regardless lock 'em all up and throw away the key.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2022, 11:44:18 PM »

Probably at least 25 of them are feds informing on each other, but regardless lock 'em all up and throw away the key.

The FBI and DHS's little stage plays for budget are usually both better orchestrated and more transparent than this, although the Michigan Whitmer kidnap/assassination plot and  Malheur Wildlife seizure are counterexamples. (I've had the sick feeling for some time that sooner or later, particularly as they incite would-be domestic terrorists instead of setting up persuadable immigrant patsies as lone wolves or tiny cells, our "security" forces are going to generate a very real and out of control terrorist incident.)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2022, 12:15:05 AM »

They traveled from all over the country, to sabatoge a pride parade..in Idaho?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2022, 01:09:12 AM »

They traveled from all over the country, to sabatoge a pride parade..in Idaho?

Where else would they Encounter of pride parade lightly attended enough to where they can stomp some skulls open and potentially get relatively little pushback from locals or the police? Besides, my guess is a large percentage of them work from up in that wacko region of the country to begin with and the ones traveling from around the country were just the minority.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2022, 01:11:21 AM »

It's ok, a cis straight man told me he wasn't worried about anything bad happening at Pride this year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that only about 2 or 3 weeks ago one of our gay posters stated that he was personally worried and even frightened at the concept of going out to a pride parade for fear of being confronted B thuggish Violet bastards like this looking to do him harm. Also good to see that I am not the only one who remembered the several Usual Suspects being complete bastards per their modus operandi mocking that poster for being such a hysterical and unrealistic

Of course not one of them has anything approaching the scintilla of personal character necessary to acknowledge that they were wrong and s*** like this is real, let alone do so publicly.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies