Asian groups (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:35:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Asian groups (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Asian groups  (Read 2378 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: May 08, 2023, 09:29:08 PM »

Some really interesting data points here...it's crazy how Dem leaning young Asian Americans are. I noticed this even in some of the voter registration data. Education I think is playing a big factor here as young Asian Americans are a very highly educated group

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Relevant bump- too lazy to quote my posts in the PG&D thread. It does seem like there's somewhat of an electoral tradeoff as ethnic Chinese have gotten more R, Filipinos have gotten more D, and Vietnamese have reverted somewhat to pre-Trump partisanship (after adjusting for generational replacement of course).

The lack of significant R gains among Indians so far makes me skeptical that Asians will trend R by a whole lot, even if what looks like a probable R surge among inner-city enclave Chinese in response to localized crime and political neglect becomes more lasting. This is based on immigration patterns among different Asian countries and how newer immigrants might vote compared to existing voters- although we'll have to see what the current and future administration do about newer Chinese migrants.

29% is much higher than it has been since 2008 though.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies