Data guru Harry Enten: GOP in best midterm position in 80 years, predicts 236-241 seats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 12:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Data guru Harry Enten: GOP in best midterm position in 80 years, predicts 236-241 seats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Data guru Harry Enten: GOP in best midterm position in 80 years, predicts 236-241 seats  (Read 4573 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2022, 11:07:44 AM »

Not to be a hater but there's clearly a lot of cope among Democrats here. And a lot of fake uncertainty. The midterm environment is unfortunately set and it's not changing. On the biggest issues -- inflation, gas prices, and supply chain problems -- there's no relief coming before November. That's just how Biden's cookie has crumbled.

My optimistic take is that this outcome is good for Biden's odds in '24. He gets to run as the only thing stopping a strong far right government. And the potential for a strong economy in '24 is high. I have a lot of hope that the wider societal unrest we're experiencing will mellow by 2028, so perhaps this is enough to avoid the worst threats to rule of law.

I am no longer banking on the unrest ending. Conservative are relitigating pretty much every single culture war battle since the Depression.

And it's about damn time to. It's time the culture of the country is Conservative and we make sure it stays Conservative.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2022, 05:05:24 PM »

Not to be a hater but there's clearly a lot of cope among Democrats here. And a lot of fake uncertainty. The midterm environment is unfortunately set and it's not changing. On the biggest issues -- inflation, gas prices, and supply chain problems -- there's no relief coming before November. That's just how Biden's cookie has crumbled.

My optimistic take is that this outcome is good for Biden's odds in '24. He gets to run as the only thing stopping a strong far right government. And the potential for a strong economy in '24 is high. I have a lot of hope that the wider societal unrest we're experiencing will mellow by 2028, so perhaps this is enough to avoid the worst threats to rule of law.

I am no longer banking on the unrest ending. Conservative are relitigating pretty much every single culture war battle since the Depression.

And it's about damn time to. It's time the culture of the country is Conservative and we make sure it stays Conservative.

So, you want to modify the current state of American culture to fit more in line with your ideals? Doesn't sound very conservative to me.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2022, 10:00:39 PM »

So, you want to modify the current state of American culture to fit more in line with your ideals? Doesn't sound very conservative to me.

Yeah, no, I'm not going to play the classic "heh, doesn't sound very conservative to me!" game. Conservatives have been too scared to wield power effectively and use it to their benefit (which is possible, by the way). Reagan really set the Conservative movement back decades by having a hands off government approach. It's time the Conservative movement leaves the amnesty loving gipper in the past and become a new movement, one unafraid to wield power for it's benefit, one unafraid to shape the government into something that benefits the movement. Conservatives let the liberals do that for +80 years so now, it's our time.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2022, 10:50:57 PM »

Alarm Bells going off as we speak in National Democratic HQ after what happened in Southern Texas tonight. Democrats who are running in TX and elsewhere around the Southern Border to Mexico will be shaking in their booths.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2022, 11:04:07 PM »

Yeah, no, I'm not going to play the classic "heh, doesn't sound very conservative to me!" game. Conservatives have been too scared to wield power effectively and use it to their benefit (which is possible, by the way). Reagan really set the Conservative movement back decades by having a hands off government approach. It's time the Conservative movement leaves the amnesty loving gipper in the past and become a new movement, one unafraid to wield power for it's benefit, one unafraid to shape the government into something that benefits the movement. Conservatives let the liberals do that for +80 years so now, it's our time.

You and your your movement are an enemy of humanity and all that is good and you'll be defeated. Whenever I see a gay couple get married, or a trans friend happy about going on hrt, or a female friend laugh off a man for being a misogynist, or one of my straight friends suggesting he goes with me to the pride parade, there's a little corner in my mind thinking that you and people like you are losing this battle to maintain the social hierarchy that benefits you by oppressing us. Whether you get a win now and then and get to be happy for a bit when you manage to attain some evil goals, you're still pathetic bitter losers in the long term.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2022, 11:14:47 PM »

You and your your movement are an enemy of humanity and all that is good and you'll be defeated. Whenever I see a gay couple get married, or a trans friend happy about going on hrt, or a female friend laugh off a man for being a misogynist, or one of my straight friends suggesting he goes with me to the pride parade, there's a little corner in my mind thinking that you and people like you are losing this battle to maintain the social hierarchy that benefits you by oppressing us. Whether you get a win now and then and get to be happy for a bit when you manage to attain some evil goals, you're still pathetic bitter losers in the long term.

You mean by actually conserving social structure and society that liberals like you have eroded for the past 80 years to the point where we're seeing people be unable to answer what a woman is, be for abortion until it's nearly the point of birth or something close to that, open borders, normalization of trans children and drag shows, the rise of depression among Women nationwide for the last few decades, the anti-white indoctrination of children, promotion of out-right lies in our education system, and the list can go on and on and on. Yeah, no, if being against that is wrong, then I do want to be right, mate. Hopefully, everything can return to normalcy once the liberalness of our culture has died out and we can have a more unified feeling of what it is to be an American, like how we felt in the 50s.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2022, 11:23:22 PM »

You mean by actually conserving social structure and society that liberals like you have eroded for the past 80 years to the point where we're seeing people be unable to answer what a woman is, be for abortion until it's nearly the point of birth or something close to that, open borders, normalization of trans children and drag shows, the rise of depression among Women nationwide for the last few decades, the anti-white indoctrination of children, promotion of out-right lies in our education system, and the list can go on and on and on. Yeah, no, if being against that is wrong, then I do want to be right, mate. Hopefully, everything can return to normalcy once the liberalness of our culture has died out and we can have a more unified feeling of what it is to be an American, like how we felt in the 50s.

Yeah yeah, I know your new strategy is avoid being sincere and instead demonize us by using strawmen and things you made up. It's ok, we're not going anywhere. It's you who'll die out eventually. Why? Because we're fighting for simple freedom and existence, while you're fighting to oppress. Good luck in the culture wars to come, you're going to need it.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2022, 01:58:56 AM »

I'm not sure you're the best person to be lecturing us about how we should live like it's the 50s given the first five Google results for your username are anime fanfic
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2022, 02:14:52 AM »

In addition you have been banned from the AH Election Games community for being a Nazi apologist/Nazi and trying to pathetically raid the server.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2022, 07:34:33 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2022, 07:45:26 AM by Beto O'Rourke is clueless »

*SNIP*

Yeah yeah, I know your new strategy is avoid being sincere and instead demonize us by using strawmen and things you made up. It's ok, we're not going anywhere. It's you who'll die out eventually. Why? Because we're fighting for simple freedom and existence, while you're fighting to oppress. Good luck in the culture wars to come, you're going to need it.
Strawmen? Literally everything he said is actually happening right now.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2022, 08:12:57 AM »

*SNIP*

Nope, sorry! It's either a lie or something that you people twisted to demonize us.
Unable to answer what a woman is- lie, there's a clear answer- cis and trans women are both women
Trans kids- good, no one is advocating for the nonsense y'all are claiming is being done, conservatives should stop abusing children.
Drag shows- good, stop sexualizing everything, it's not our fault you're weird
Rise in women's depression- the most grotesque part of this, implies that women having more freedom and being slightly more protected from sexual harassment is the cause, when there are very clear factors, cherry picks data.
Anti-white indoctrination- lie
Promotion of lies in the education system- you're the lies

In essence: pathetic. Can't believe I wasted 10 minutes to type out a response for this lazy middle school level argument
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2022, 08:23:08 AM »

*SNIP*

Nope, sorry! It's either a lie or something that you people twisted to demonize us.
Unable to answer what a woman is- lie, there's a clear answer- cis and trans women are both women
Trans kids- good, no one is advocating for the nonsense y'all are claiming is being done, conservatives should stop abusing children.
Rise in women's depression- the most grotesque part of this, implies that women having more freedom and being slightly more protected from sexual harassment is the cause, when there are very clear factors, cherry picks data.

In essence: pathetic. Can't believe I wasted 10 minutes to type out a response for this lazy middle school level argument
Unable to answer what a woman is - you guys are claiming there are hundreds of genders
Trans kids - you're the ones abusing children by grooming them
Drag shows - again, you guys are sending kids into this sh**t
Rise in women's depression - it's happening, whether you like it or not
Anti-white indoctrination - no, this is very, very real
Promotion of lies in the education system - "conservatives are the real propagandists!" not an argument

In essence: pathetic. Can't believe I wasted 5 minutes to type out a response for this lazy middle school level argument

And yes, please report this post. I don't care.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2022, 09:18:49 AM »

*SNIP*

Unable to answer what a woman is - you guys are claiming there are hundreds of genders
Promotion of lies in the education system - "conservatives are the real propagandists!" not an argument

In essence: pathetic. Can't believe I wasted 5 minutes to type out a response for this lazy middle school level argument

That took you five minutes to type? You might be the one stuck at a lazy middle school level.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2022, 09:20:49 AM »

>complains about strawmen
>uses strawmen
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2022, 09:56:31 AM »

*SNIP*

Lol, you’ve always been empty headed, but this is ridiculous
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2022, 11:51:09 AM »

To be clear before I start, none of this deserves my time or anyone else's, but I'm responding anyway just to show how lazy and dishonest this post is.

Anyway. This is a complete non-sequitur. I'll play the "what is a woman" game with you if you can come up with a definition yourself, but this makes literally no attempt at refuting what Parrotguy said. Instead, you assigned him a different position that he never actually took, and are now expecting him to defend it even though you apparently can't defend the claim you actually did make.

Please explain how child grooming is only a systemic problem among Democrats and not in the party of Dennis Hastert and genital exams. You also failed to respond to his point again, that being that conservatives often push an extremely distorted or false idea of what it is to actually be a trans kid that they then use to pass discriminatory policies like what we see in Texas.

To use an analogy, the same actors can star in both G and R rated movies. There's no issue with kids seeing one that's made for them - the actor being in it doesn't inherently make it inappropriate. And if the parents take their kids to see the R rated movies, then that's just bad parenting - they knew what they were getting into.

Also, responding to the (correct) claim that drag shows aren't inherently sexualized with a statement that both clearly assumes they are and makes no attempt to justify it is very, very lazy. Do better!

Depression rates are rising, from what I can tell, for two main reasons. First is that the internet has made people more socially isolated and sedentary. This is neither a gendered issue nor a partisan one. The second is that increased access to mental health resources allows people to more easily recognize and treat their problems. This shouldn't be a gendered issue, but it is, since patriarchal gender expectations often lead men to suppress their mental health concerns instead of acknowledging them, explaining why the rise in depression rates has been more pronounced in women. To the extent that it's a partisan issue, I think that Democrats are the ones doing more to address it, given Republicans generally underfund mental health programs and stringently uphold the gendered expectations in question.

So I ask you: how does this argument make the conservative position look better?

Please provide literally any evidence that this is a systemic problem instead of something being done by, like, three weirdos you saw on Libs of TikTok.

What lies, then? The reason he couldn't make an actual argument against this is because we don't know what on earth you're talking about.

That took you five minutes to type? You might be the one stuck at a lazy middle school level.

Pass. Zero substance, deflecting, more strawmen than a farm with a sparrow infestation - I think it's a pretty good example for people to see of how vapid these arguments actually are.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2022, 03:24:50 PM »

What a despicable country we live in.

Way to "prove" the GOP right how much we Dems hate this country and lose us even more votes... not everything has to be politics. It's uncalled for imo to call America despicable because of yet another midterm wave against the incumbent party.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2022, 03:42:15 PM »

To be clear before I start, none of this deserves my time or anyone else's, but I'm responding anyway just to show how lazy and dishonest this post is.

Anyway. This is a complete non-sequitur. I'll play the "what is a woman" game with you if you can come up with a definition yourself, but this makes literally no attempt at refuting what Parrotguy said. Instead, you assigned him a different position that he never actually took, and are now expecting him to defend it even though you apparently can't defend the claim you actually did make.

Please explain how child grooming is only a systemic problem among Democrats and not in the party of Dennis Hastert and genital exams. You also failed to respond to his point again, that being that conservatives often push an extremely distorted or false idea of what it is to actually be a trans kid that they then use to pass discriminatory policies like what we see in Texas.

To use an analogy, the same actors can star in both G and R rated movies. There's no issue with kids seeing one that's made for them - the actor being in it doesn't inherently make it inappropriate. And if the parents take their kids to see the R rated movies, then that's just bad parenting - they knew what they were getting into.

Also, responding to the (correct) claim that drag shows aren't inherently sexualized with a statement that both clearly assumes they are and makes no attempt to justify it is very, very lazy. Do better!

Depression rates are rising, from what I can tell, for two main reasons. First is that the internet has made people more socially isolated and sedentary. This is neither a gendered issue nor a partisan one. The second is that increased access to mental health resources allows people to more easily recognize and treat their problems. This shouldn't be a gendered issue, but it is, since patriarchal gender expectations often lead men to suppress their mental health concerns instead of acknowledging them, explaining why the rise in depression rates has been more pronounced in women. To the extent that it's a partisan issue, I think that Democrats are the ones doing more to address it, given Republicans generally underfund mental health programs and stringently uphold the gendered expectations in question.

So I ask you: how does this argument make the conservative position look better?

Please provide literally any evidence that this is a systemic problem instead of something being done by, like, three weirdos you saw on Libs of TikTok.

What lies, then? The reason he couldn't make an actual argument against this is because we don't know what on earth you're talking about.

Pass. Zero substance, deflecting, more strawmen than a farm with a sparrow infestation - I think it's a pretty good example for people to see of how vapid these arguments actually are.

Who knows if the strawmanning is caused by seeing everything in the world as binary or if he is just being manipulative.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »

However this paradigm ends it will be over by 2026. Conservative victory most likely but that's not the point I'm making
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2022, 06:36:23 PM »

However this paradigm ends it will be over by 2026. Conservative victory most likely but that's not the point I'm making

Biden becomes the new "The Era of Big Government is over" sort of deal. Wonder what he will say instead.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2022, 07:52:46 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2022, 08:01:23 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

I'm not sure you're the best person to be lecturing us about how we should live like it's the 50s given the first five Google results for your username are anime fanfic

Religion and ideology as aesthetic. Not too dissimilar from the radical aesthetic adopted by various “activist” grifters on the left, particularly the idpol types.

That’s the hope, at least. For some, I fear the shallow commitment is not an aesthetic, but as sincere a resistance as they could ever hope to muster; that vapid consumerism has eaten our cultures to such an extent that most of its “enemies” can’t really comprehend alternatives and cling to echoes of the past like WH 40k techpriests.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2022, 12:17:51 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2022, 12:25:44 AM by bunkerposter »

Anyway I've said elsewhere that 250 seats is my current estimate. Seems probable that we get the most Republican Congress since the Great Depression.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2022, 11:38:52 AM »

*SNIP*

I’m not sure if you guys want to use the argument “drag shows” are good when trying to make an argument for your philosophical beliefs .

Also no both of you are wrong as conservatives have won on a good deal of social issues too including in the past 80 years so this whole everything moves in a left wing direction overtime is just inaccurate.

Also CRT has been implemented in public education so this is just a completely inaccurate talking point
EastwoodS

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2022, 12:09:07 PM »

Anyway I've said elsewhere that 250 seats is my current estimate. Seems probable that we get the most Republican Congress since the Great Depression.
I think it’s very interesting that since November 21’, most major races have shown a consistent 10-12 point shift to the right. TX 34, VA, NJ. There’s definitely a trend here
I think by November, the trend will probably be about 3-4 points more red even
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2022, 04:08:49 AM »

*SNIP*

I’m not sure if you guys want to use the argument “drag shows” are good when trying to make an argument for your philosophical beliefs .

Also no both of you are wrong as conservatives have won on a good deal of social issues too including in the past 80 years so this whole everything moves in a left wing direction overtime is just inaccurate.

Also CRT has been implemented in public education so this is just a completely inaccurate talking point

Drag shows are fine, there's nothing inherently sexual about them. There's absolutely no reason for y'all to be so hateful about them, it's honestly just weird. I'm personally not a big enjoyer, but just let people express themselves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies