Florida Senate 2024 - Don Jr leads Rick Scott in hypothetical primary.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:08:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida Senate 2024 - Don Jr leads Rick Scott in hypothetical primary.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida Senate 2024 - Don Jr leads Rick Scott in hypothetical primary.  (Read 847 times)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2022, 12:41:23 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 01:55:11 PM »

Gross
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 02:38:59 PM »

Lmaoooo
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 04:21:49 PM »

We should let these two snakes fight each other out.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 11:05:52 PM »

If Donald Trump Jr wanted to run for the United States Senate, he would have attempted to primary Rubio, rather run against Scott.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 09:50:08 AM »

If Donald Trump Jr wanted to run for the United States Senate, he would have attempted to primary Rubio, rather run against Scott.
I massivly disagree with this! Scott has always been weaker because of his tepid Approval Ratings.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 09:55:58 AM »

Garbage poll until proven otherwise.

I really don't see how Scott is endangered to lose a GOP primary.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 10:04:55 AM »

Garbage poll until proven otherwise.

I really don't see how Scott is endangered to lose a GOP primary.
He could lose to either Donald Trump Jr. or Ivanka. Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner are living in FL and Ivanka would fulfill the 3-Year Residency Requirement to run for Political Office in FL if she prefers to do so in 2024.
JMT

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2022, 11:05:42 AM »

I didn’t see another thread about the 2024 Florida Senate race, so perhaps this will be the megathread?

Debbie Mucarsel-Powell’s tweet today hints at a potential run by saying “I’m getting ready…”

I think she’d be a decent candidate, but I think Stephanie Murphy (or Val Demings, if she loses this year and runs again in 2024) are probably the candidates to beat in the Democratic primary at this point. But, it’s extremely early.

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »

I massivly disagree with this! Scott has always been weaker because of his tepid Approval Ratings.

Always been curious, how do Floridians generally feel about Rick Scott?

Is it a "we tolerate him" a là Mitch McConnell or "we love him" (or something else)?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 11:16:09 AM »

All eyes are on Gwen Graham and if she runs for Sen it's no coincidence that she wasn't selected for Crist LT Gov, and Biden will be a Lame Duck in his second term lets go Gwen Graham

Don Jr is not running for Senate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 11:17:00 AM »

My guess: Rick Scott retires and Ivanka Trump runs!
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2022, 11:34:16 AM »

I heard rumors of Donald Trump Jr running for Governor of Ohio after Dewine's term or Governor of Florida after DeSantis.

I think both states could easily elect him.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 11:38:27 AM »

Does Junior even live in Florida?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 11:42:31 AM »

It doesn't matter. Florida is no longer winnable for Democrats for a number of reasons, including that:

1. The Florida Democratic Party is the most broken-down, dysfunctional disaster of a state Democratic Party, and that's saying something, whereas the FL GOP is organizing 24/7/365 as though there's an election every week.

2. Conservatives from other states are flocking to Florida because they love Ron DeSantis. Imagine wanting to live in Florida of all places. Plus, people who want to live in states where abortion is legal might leave. This is making the state's baseline partisanship redder.

3. We live in the darkest timeline, and Florida going blue, even in a blue wave, isn't consistent with that.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 11:53:28 AM »

He lives in Miami together with his Fiancee Kimberly Guilfoyle as does Ivanka Trump with her Husband Jared Kushner.

Don Jr. & Ivanka could not run this year because of the 3-Year FL Residency Requirement but they can run in 2024.

If Democrats retain Senate Control Rick Scott will face an enormous amount of backslash and I could see McConnell, Thune, Barrasso cutting him loose as soon as January 2023. McConnell may even endorse a Primary Challenge to Rick Scott in 2024.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 11:58:30 AM »

It doesn't matter. Florida is no longer winnable for Democrats for a number of reasons, including that:

1. The Florida Democratic Party is the most broken-down, dysfunctional disaster of a state Democratic Party, and that's saying something, whereas the FL GOP is organizing 24/7/365 as though there's an election every week.

2. Conservatives from other states are flocking to Florida because they love Ron DeSantis. Imagine wanting to live in Florida of all places. Plus, people who want to live in states where abortion is legal might leave. This is making the state's baseline partisanship redder.

3. We live in the darkest timeline, and Florida going blue, even in a blue wave, isn't consistent with that.
This is so very well said SnowLabrador. You got to give credit somewhere to the FL State GOP. They faced long odds until recently, winning Elections time and time again when they had no business winning them.

And Comments by NY Governor Kathy Hochul telling people to move to Florida are not helping Democrats in the Sunshine State. I predict another 1M Influx of Voters to Florida over the next two years.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 12:34:59 PM »

I would love to see Coke Fiend take out Voldemort.
JMT

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2022, 02:02:33 PM »

He lives in Miami together with his Fiancee Kimberly Guilfoyle as does Ivanka Trump with her Husband Jared Kushner.

Don Jr. & Ivanka could not run this year because of the 3-Year FL Residency Requirement but they can run in 2024.

If Democrats retain Senate Control Rick Scott will face an enormous amount of backslash and I could see McConnell, Thune, Barrasso cutting him loose as soon as January 2023. McConnell may even endorse a Primary Challenge to Rick Scott in 2024.

I don’t see McConnell backing a primary challenger to an incumbent, he’s very protective of incumbents. I could see Rick Scott deciding not to run for another term, and perhaps McConnell would be happy with that outcome. But I don’t see him openly endorsing or supporting a challenger, even if he personally dislikes Scott.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2022, 02:04:19 PM »

Incredible how little Rick Scott has done to build any sort of affinity among any people, anywhere.
HidingCommentary
Rookie
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2022, 02:22:07 PM »

I would be very tempted to change parties to vote for Jr. I dislike Rick Scott that much.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2022, 05:07:22 PM »

Incredible how little Rick Scott has done to build any sort of affinity among any people, anywhere.
Even Voldemort himself had a group of genuine supporters.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2022, 05:31:39 PM »

Honestly might be an upgrade, or at least a lateral move.

And would be HILARIOUS for Scott to suck Trump's d--k this much only to be discarded in favor of his son.

Thus always to sycophants.

Side note: It's stuff like this and the fake story about how King Charles proclaimed Trump the winner that makes me think the GOP is the spiritual successor to Loyalist, monarchist traitors to the Republic.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2022, 05:34:04 PM »

I'm conflicted on this because I wouldn't wish Senator Don Jr. on anyone, even Florida! But on the other hand, I would love to finally f***ing see Rick Scott lose a damn election already! No matter who it's against!

In all likelihood, Scott prevails by 1% or less in this primary, as always.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies