Opinion of Harry?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:27:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Harry?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of this D-AK poster?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Opinion of Harry?  (Read 1097 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2022, 07:44:35 PM »

Or as I know him, 7,052,770 (always wondered what the significance of that number is).

Anyway, I would say he's a big FF. We may disagree but he almost always has very reasonable takes. And he seems like quite a pleasant poster as well.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 08:21:12 PM »

FF

Or as I know him, 7,052,770 (always wondered what the significance of that number is).

I believe that it’s Biden’s popular vote margin over Trump. He had Hillary’s 2.8ish million as his display name for a while.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 10:13:13 PM »

Massive FF
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 10:19:45 PM »

I believe that it’s Biden’s popular vote margin over Trump. He had Hillary’s 2.8ish million as his display name for a while.

Ah, I see.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 10:59:00 PM »

14-13 FF is way worse than I thought it'd be (and a lot of HP votes trickling in - I remember it being 14-9 FF at one point). Hopefully more votes will shore up the FF margin, because right now, frankly, it's very underwhelming.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 11:25:41 PM »

Harry S Truman?
Harry Connick, Jr?
Harry Stone, or the actor who played him, Harry Anderson?
Harry from Harry and Tonto?
Harry Belafonte?
Harry Potter?
Prince Harry?
Harry Hamlin?

Harry, the poster, also known as 7,052,770.

Also, the tally is now 14-14. Very disappointing and I'd really appreciate an explanation as to why the results are turning out this way. Is there something about him I don't know? Because from what I've seen he's a very solid poster and a massive FF.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 11:44:01 PM »

Opinion of the month we finally go without a poll on Harry, OSR, Badger, Joe Republic, or Fuzzy: FM.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 11:46:08 PM »

Opinion of the month we finally go without a poll on Harry, OSR, Badger, Joe Republic, or Fuzzy: FM.

Maybe I just haven't noticed but while I've definitely seen a good number of OSR, Badger, Joe Republic and Fuzzy Opinion Of Threads, I haven't really seen (m)any Opinion of Harry threads. Or maybe I'm just forgetting. Either way, still confused at the 14-14 result.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 12:06:27 AM »

14-13 FF is way worse than I thought it'd be (and a lot of HP votes trickling in - I remember it being 14-9 FF at one point). Hopefully more votes will shore up the FF margin, because right now, frankly, it's very underwhelming.
Red and burgundy avatars no longer view Republicans as "relatively decent and reasonable people with ideas that are opposed to my ideas". Republicans are pro-bigotry, pro-corruption, anti-democracy and anti-truth. They aren't simply "right wingers". Reasonable right wingers no longer identify as Republicans.

The reason I'm saying this is that many red and burgundy avatars, including myself and Harry, are no longer willing to play nice with Republicans or tolerate their anti-American policies. Those of us that won't stay silent about it are certainly getting HP votes from Republicans. I can't really blame them for viewing us as the enemy... we ARE their enemy. They're right.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2022, 12:08:09 AM »

Red and burgundy avatars no longer view Republicans as "relatively decent and reasonable people with ideas that are opposed to my ideas". Republicans are pro-bigotry, pro-corruption, anti-democracy and anti-truth. They aren't simply "right wingers". Reasonable right wingers no longer identify as Republicans.

The reason I'm saying this is that many red and burgundy avatars, including myself and Harry, are no longer willing to play nice with Republicans or tolerate their anti-American policies. Those of us that won't stay silent about it are certainly getting HP votes from Republicans. I can't really blame them for viewing us as the enemy... we ARE their enemy. They're right.

Yeah, but this forum is like 65% Democratic. I'd understand near-zero FF votes for Harry among blue avatars, but why is he getting unusually low support from liberals? I would expect Generic D to get like two-thirds FF in a poll. I consider Harry above average so I actually guessed he'd be over 70% FF. Why is he at 50% FF?

EDIT: So okay, he's at 16-14 FF now. And it seems like there was Democratic undervoting since there have only been 9 Democratic votes and 8 GOP votes. As the ratio of red avatars voting to blue avatars voting gets closer to 2:1, I expect Harry's FF rating to increase proportionally.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 12:43:22 AM »

Yeah, but this forum is like 65% Democratic. I'd understand near-zero FF votes for Harry among blue avatars, but why is he getting unusually low support from liberals? I would expect Generic D to get like two-thirds FF in a poll. I consider Harry above average so I actually guessed he'd be over 70% FF. Why is he at 50% FF?

EDIT: So okay, he's at 16-14 FF now. And it seems like there was Democratic undervoting since there have only been 9 Democratic votes and 8 GOP votes. As the ratio of red avatars voting to blue avatars voting gets closer to 2:1, I expect Harry's FF rating to increase proportionally.

Maybe I'm just a dirty insurrectionist or whatever but it seems to me that "no longer willing to play nice," as it was put earlier, comes hand in hand with an increased tendency to be abrasive and attack-doggish and generally push up against the limits of what even some partisan Democrats consider to be a Nice Guy FF or even an FF in general.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 01:46:04 AM »

Maybe I'm just a dirty insurrectionist or whatever but it seems to me that "no longer willing to play nice," as it was put earlier, comes hand in hand with an increased tendency to be abrasive and attack-doggish and generally push up against the limits of what even some partisan Democrats consider to be a Nice Guy FF or even an FF in general.

Yeah, but (and I think this perception is very wrong, based on comments in this thread) I've always thought Harry was a bit more polite and less combative. I thought Ferguson97, Joe Republic and Tchenka were the combative ones. So a 17-16 HP result is surprising to me. Then again, Ferguson has more HP than FF votes per the last poll, so I guess there is a significant chunk of Democrats who vote HP for other, more partisan Democrats. I'm mainly surprised that Harry is in fact one of the partisan, combative Democrats...though in retrospect I suppose I just didn't notice his being combative and there were more combative posters, such as Tchenka, Joe Republic and Ferguson, who took up much of my attention there. Whatever the case is. Clearly my assessment of Harry was wrong.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 05:22:39 AM »

Forum institution.

FF.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2022, 06:33:23 AM »

Yeah, but (and I think this perception is very wrong, based on comments in this thread) I've always thought Harry was a bit more polite and less combative. I thought Ferguson97, Joe Republic and Tchenka were the combative ones. So a 17-16 HP result is surprising to me. Then again, Ferguson has more HP than FF votes per the last poll, so I guess there is a significant chunk of Democrats who vote HP for other, more partisan Democrats. I'm mainly surprised that Harry is in fact one of the partisan, combative Democrats...though in retrospect I suppose I just didn't notice his being combative and there were more combative posters, such as Tchenka, Joe Republic and Ferguson, who took up much of my attention there. Whatever the case is. Clearly my assessment of Harry was wrong.

Oh my god. Will you stop
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2022, 07:08:52 AM »

It just wouldn't be an Opinion thread if it didn't have CR derailing with his live feed of the results despite less than 30 people having voted.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2022, 07:44:17 AM »

HP

Harry just assumes every OP from a non-red avatar is themostimportantthingintheworld for the author and that they are very serious and angry about it.  Even when they very clearly are not.  Even when the OP and everyone posting in the thread are mocking the thing being discussed.

He's not the worst, the competition is very stiff.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2022, 07:48:05 AM »

It just wouldn't be an Opinion thread if it didn't have CR derailing with his live feed of the results despite less than 30 people having voted.

Hey hey, it wouldn't be Atlas without an early reaction to results!

1% of votes counted? Shut it down! No blue wave this year, boys.  

---

Anyway, I like Harry.  He can be a bit...dramatic at times, but he's one fine Alaskan.  
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2022, 07:51:17 AM »

Massive FF
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2022, 07:55:21 AM »

Regardless of any political disagreements, Harry is an Atlas long timer who I respect and has always been a FF.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2022, 10:02:23 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2022, 12:50:19 PM by CentristRepublican »

In my defense, I don't do this the vast, vast majority of the time (in fact, this is like the second or third time I've ever done this), and this is an exception rather than the rule. I didn't do it in the OSR thread or the Ferguson thread, for instance. But yeah, I'll stop now.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2022, 12:36:13 PM »

---

Anyway, I like Harry.  He can be a bit...dramatic at times, but he's one fine Alaskan.  

I think Harry is from Mississippi though he may live in Alaska now
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2022, 12:40:04 PM »

He was pretty good until Trump broke him.

Now he's very combative, seldom engages in good faith and has a very disordered view of what Democrats stand for and want to accomplish.  He shares that third quality with bruejoel99; however, Harry doesn't substantially contribute to any topic of forum conversation other than college sports (Bruce at least is pretty up to speed on the courts.) 

Harry in old age is giving pretty major Badger vibes.  Kinda sad he's the only other MS poster. 
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2022, 12:44:10 PM »

---

Anyway, I like Harry.  He can be a bit...dramatic at times, but he's one fine Alaskan. 

IIRC, Harry still lives in MS he's just ashamed of it so he has the AK avatar to be unique.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2022, 12:48:19 PM »

---

Anyway, I like Harry.  He can be a bit...dramatic at times, but he's one fine Alaskan. 

IIRC, Harry still lives in MS he's just ashamed of it so he has the AK avatar to be unique.

LOL.

And it's notably in stark contrast to yourself - you're clearly proud of your MS heritage given that you still sport an MS avatar despite not living in the state anymore.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2022, 12:52:44 PM »

FF and sincerely surprised that the poll is so divided.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies