Biden to grovel before Khashoggi's murderer/the Butcher of Yemen in exchange for lower gas prices.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:15:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden to grovel before Khashoggi's murderer/the Butcher of Yemen in exchange for lower gas prices.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Biden to grovel before Khashoggi's murderer/the Butcher of Yemen in exchange for lower gas prices.  (Read 2686 times)
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2022, 04:47:12 PM »

Tbh I don’t even think Iran is worse than Saudi Arabia.

Iran hates us and has for decades, Saudi Arabia doesn’t. It’s really that simple.
I wonder why Iran hates us... really struggling to find any reasons.

The coup of Mossadegh was the brainchild of MI6, not the CIA. Sure America had some involvement, but they were not the main orchestrators. Also the current government of Iran is totally insane and America really should've just crushed the revolution in its infancy in 1978.

Roll Eyes
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2022, 04:49:36 PM »

Iran hates us and has for decades, Saudi Arabia doesn’t. It’s really that simple.

The coup of Mossadegh was the brainchild of MI6, not the CIA. Sure America had some involvement, but they were not the main orchestrators. Also the current government of Iran is totally insane and America really should've just crushed the revolution in its infancy in 1978.

LOL, please, don't try to minimize American involvement. Also, it's not really about the coup, but the Shah's grotesque rule afterwards.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2022, 04:58:03 PM »

LOL, please, don't try to minimize American involvement. Also, it's not really about the coup, but the Shah's grotesque rule afterwards.

I think you are missing the point here, the point is we can't support Iran because they hate us, and that we need to support the Saudis as a counterbalance to a regime that has threatened to wipe Israel off the map, if they get a nuclear weapon.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2022, 06:20:12 PM »

I think you are missing the point here, the point is we can't support Iran because they hate us, and that we need to support the Saudis as a counterbalance to a regime that has threatened to wipe Israel off the map, if they get a nuclear weapon.

Obviously a rapprochement with Iran would have to come from both sides at once and is thus unlikely, but your insistence that it can never happen Because They Hate Us feels oddly essentialist, almost like there's a "Persian genius" that's uniquely inimical to the "American genius" for some inscrutable reason. As applied to foreign policy this sort of thinking can start to feel a lot like mindless status-quoism.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2022, 06:36:18 PM »

There are a ton of other sources for cheap gas—Iran, Venezuela—and gas we are currently exporting for some reason that could be used by our people. Going to the Saudis and begging as the leading superpower and the only thing keeping them in power is more pathetic than building up our relations elsewhere.
Brandon's representatives already went on bended knee to Maduro.

The sane solution would be to thaw relations with Iran, a country far less bad than Venezuela or Saudi Arabia, but this is America and being stupid is what it does best.

The sanest solution would be to kill two birds with one stone and transition to renewable. But I guess that's a no-go, right, Biden?

The sanest solution would be to develop our own energy resources

Exactly what I said. Our own RENEWABLE energy resources. No more fossil fuels.

My 2001 dodge dakota doesnt run on solar and unicorn farts. No more green only policies.

Not our problem. Global warming is.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2022, 07:10:13 PM »

Apple pie, baseball, and bowing down before Saudi abusers of human rights are America's favorite national pastimes.
You forgot mass shootings.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2022, 09:58:40 PM »

But muh “alliance…”

Their Ambassador to the US was nicknamed “Bandar Bush.” They buy our weapons. How could they hate us Sad

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies