Throwing out an Idea: An Atlasia NPC Election only spin-off
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:58:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Throwing out an Idea: An Atlasia NPC Election only spin-off
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Throwing out an Idea: An Atlasia NPC Election only spin-off  (Read 327 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2022, 12:23:45 AM »

Let's face it. Atlasia is stagnating, some would say dying. Many, including myself, are losing interest. I think that it's time to throw out an idea for something different. NPC elections were, in my opinion, fun as hell. I think some others can agree. Videos, posters, ads, speeches, it all felt more like an actual campaign than what we do here. Basically the idea is to bring them back and have it be the only thing done there. Keep the same rotation, parties etc. Maybe allow players to be candidates?

Should Atlasia actually be dying, this could be a way to keep it alive until a new generation of possible players can come in to revive it in ways we haven't even thought of. This 18-year game doesn't deserve to die after how much love has been put into it.

This is not a sure thing, but I wanted to throw this idea out there. I might be wrong, or maybe people will actually prefer this idea. But I want to see what you all think.

-WB
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 01:51:54 AM »

If the left ever gets its house in order, I would definitely be open to this. But a pro-reform/anti-corruption "alt-Labor Party" would surely be interesting.

Also, this month marks one year since the famous Utah campaign. I knew I was too invested in this when I actually started having nightmares about it. Tongue And I'm sure my "cousin" feels the same way!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 01:56:14 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2022, 01:59:46 AM by Lincoln Senator Joseph Cao »

My first thought is that a lot if not most of the voter rolls will fall through the cracks, so maybe Peebs will finally get her wish.

There also is kind of an implicit requirement for a 2020 Lumine-style GM on which most of this stuff depends, only on a wider scale this time, and even Lumine can't be Lumine indefinitely.

Anyway I think both of you remember the NPC freezer bill we passed back in September – there could always be something done with that if the will and way are there.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 01:58:32 AM »

Also, this month marks one year since the famous Utah campaign. I knew I was too invested in this when I actually started having nightmares about it. Tongue And I'm sure my "cousin" feels the same way!

This was the same month I took a break!

And, unironically, reminds me of how much I enjoyed that month off, as taxing as it was in other respects.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 01:28:21 PM »

would be down to help make this a reality (under significant oversight of course)

but if y’all don’t trust me I’m more than happy to keep staying away.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 02:17:40 PM »

At this point, you may as well just have simulated elections with campaigning.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »

would be down to help make this a reality (under significant oversight of course)

but if y’all don’t trust me I’m more than happy to keep staying away.

Respectfully, not trusting you with high office again, at least not while your impeachment is still in effect.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 04:30:57 PM »

Proposals like this unironically pose a far more serious threat to the existence of this game than anything the coup people wanted to do.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 05:48:04 PM »

Proposals like this unironically pose a far more serious threat to the existence of this game than anything the coup people wanted to do.
I'm just throwing an idea out there which assumes that the game is dying. Maybe it isn't, in which case it's not needed. But discouraging people from merely suggesting something isn't helpful.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 06:19:35 PM »

I don't think there is any doubt that the game is dying. There has been an exodus of talented players and no one has really replaced them, this is partly due to the new posters of 2021+2022 being mostly mediocre, though of course there are some exceptions. What is very clear is that the game on its current track will die, and if people deny this, then they live in alternate reality.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 06:50:13 PM »

I just came back from Kennywood so I'll detail my thoughts in a post but I agree and disagree with the idea at the same time.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2022, 09:02:14 AM »

I need more details, but this sounds like a cool idea.  I'm down!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies