Who’s church is closer to following “true” Christianity: BRTD’s, or ER’s? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:26:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who’s church is closer to following “true” Christianity: BRTD’s, or ER’s? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
BRTD
ER
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Who’s church is closer to following “true” Christianity: BRTD’s, or ER’s?  (Read 3200 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 12, 2022, 02:12:37 AM »
« edited: June 12, 2022, 02:37:43 AM by Southern Delegate and Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

There seems to be a strange viewpoint here that conservatism is by default always closer to "true" Christianity.
True Christianity is based off teachings from 2,000 years ago, so yes, it is conservative.
Karl Marx's writings are almost 180 years old. Conservative?

Certainly are in some parts of the world.

Karl Marx had unsavory views of unemployed people that are immensely classicist and was conservative relatively to relationships between the sexes and social rights to LGBT people. He also did not talk about racism all that much which to other theorists became very important.

I’ve spoken against egregious attacks on his character before from these angles, but he was not some perfect individual for whom is the end all be all, he had issues and was a guy with many smart ideas.

You have a BS Bob-esque tendency to think of "conservative" as indicating a specific set of political stances across time periods and cultures, rather than as a set of attitudes and social emotions that people can take towards a variety of historical conditions and processes. This has led you on several occasions to what strike me as unhelpful and unnecessary misunderstandings of how other posters are using the word.
Well excuse me, I thought they were referring to the “now” and how many Marxists in the “now” are viewing this.

There are still parts of the world now where this or that view that's "conservative" in the American sense might not be seen as "conservative". The fact that in much of Japan opposing abortion is thought of as a niche disabled-person issue, kind of like opposing applied behavioral analysis or something in the US, comes immediately to mind.
The political situation in Japan is affected by the fact it's fundamentally a Buddhist/animist country to this day. Polling shows that Japan and its neighbors are among the countries with the lowest share of people who think of drinking as immoral, and various Abrahamaic-rooted taboos/cultural views are really not as relevant. Japan is a place where more people care about nuclear power, the topic of war itself, or the specifics of surname policy, than LGBT issues and abortion.
Comes to show this stuff can vary massively from country to country. If anyone here can create and lead a successful prohibitionist movement in Japan, I'm ready to give them a billion dollars.
Business Insider polls from 2014

(Business Insider, 2014)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies