Speech by Reaganfan...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:06:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speech by Reaganfan...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speech by Reaganfan...  (Read 961 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2004, 02:19:33 PM »

Guys, I plan on doing everything I promised. If VP-elect Supersoulty has to take the position away, fine. But if the position is mine to keep, I plan on making sure to carry out my duties and to work with all parties.

As Vice President-elect Supersoulty said, I am now part of the Gustaf administration. Now this does not mean I support Gustaf/Supersoulty 100%. It means I am willing to help there team for the time being. I hope all Senators and Governor's and different members of the cabinet plan on working with me as a human being. As a friend to do what is good for the forum. Thank you.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 02:22:40 PM »

So why were you an Alaska centrist for just a while before switching back to an Ohio Republican?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 02:25:08 PM »

I am an Ohio Centrist. (TRYING TO GET ORGANIZED)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 02:28:01 PM »

I am an Ohio Centrist. (TRYING TO GET ORGANIZED)

Centrist?? I don't think so, you are more consv. then me....
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 02:29:08 PM »

True, LOL.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 02:34:33 PM »

Texas now?Huh
Pick a state!
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 02:52:43 PM »

The Republicans are obviously trying to create a safe Senate district for themselves by moving to Texas (and hoping it won't be put in the West, I guess).
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 02:56:18 PM »

No i moved there so i could be the Southwest republican chairman due to there is no republicans there...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 03:07:55 PM »

Allow me to answer some of the many concerns that have been brought up.

First off, this has been labeled as a "sign of corruption", probably because Reaganfan switched his party affiliation.  Let me tell you that I never once asked Reaganfan to do so.  He has been asking me for a possition, if elected, since the convention.  I thought that Press Sec. would be good for him.  However, I was informed by President Ludgren that that post was being eliminated.  Not seein any alternative possitions that Reaganfan would have a chance of being nominated for, or confimed by the Senate for, I decided that he could act as my liaison ot the Senate.  A possition not sepcifically named in the Constitution, but neither are any of the cabinet level possitions, so, I fail to see what the problem is.

Futhermore, this is not a cabinet level possition.  I intend to be a more active Vice-President in dealing with the Senate than Vice-President of the past.  Thus, there may come a time when I need an assistant to do things that for some reason I am unable to do.  As long as Reaganfan remians faithful to what I would want and does not act unless I give him specific authorization, then I will continue to have him on, unless the President specifically tells me not to.

As for the power to vote, as I expressed, clearly those who object to it do not understand the reality of the United States Senate which I personally have spent the lesser part of three years studying in an achedemic setting.  Because Senators have so many duties, it is not at all uncommon for them to have aids or staff sit in on committee meetings for them or even to vote in their stead.  If a situation occures when I am not able to be there (this will be very rare if at all) then I will grant Reaganfan authorization that I will post before the entire forum to vote as I see fit on the issue.  I would never give him blanket power to vote on any issue that comes up.

This is my possition and I am sticking to it.  I think that you all will discover that I stand by my people.  If this circumstance warents that I resign or be impeached, then so be it.  Only by the direct request of the President will cause me to cut Reaganfan lose.  I have no Presidential ambitions anymore, so you certainly can't threaten me with that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies