Did politicians call themselves “imperialists” in the 1890s and (19)00s? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:32:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Did politicians call themselves “imperialists” in the 1890s and (19)00s? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did politicians call themselves “imperialists” in the 1890s and (19)00s?  (Read 799 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 25, 2022, 12:22:22 AM »

The demonization of imperialism is a pretty awful political development in my opinion. Unless it’s a word like “Nazi”, no political label should hold a negative connotation first and foremost.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 09:58:03 PM »

The demonization of imperialism is a pretty awful political development in my opinion. Unless it’s a word like “Nazi”, no political label should hold a negative connotation first and foremost.

You know how sometimes, when a dog craps inside, the owner will drag the dog to the pile of crap, point his face in it, and shout "No! No! Bad dog!"

I feel like I am obligated to do that to you with this post.

Imperialism had to led to spread of so many successful and great ideas.

Imperialism is pretty much just when any country extends its influence and power over another. It’s not always bad, and in fact has in many cases been good (use of modern and successful medicine in many underdeveloped countries, for example, is because of imperialism).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies